• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

When Taylor came into the NFL, he had one of the best offensive lines and Philip Rivers at quarterback. Over the last two years the offensive line has gone downhill and he's had Carson Wentz and Matt Ryan. Now he's going into the season with Gardner Minshew or a 21-year-old Anthony Richardson (13 starts and 393 passing attempts in his college career) as his quarterback.

I think Taylor would be thrilled to be with the Chargers. I would definitely call the Colts to see what type of package would be enticing enough to make it happen. Irsay can say he's not trading him all he wants right now, but that could change if it becomes clear that there is no future for Taylor in Indianapolis. Considering Telesco went "all in" by keeping Keenan Allen and Khalil Mack in spite of their cap hits in 2024, I think signing Taylor to an extension after a trade would be an excellent investment that would have much less of an impact on the cap when Taylor's prime is finished in 2026 or after.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
      When Taylor came into the NFL, he had one of the best offensive lines and Philip Rivers at quarterback. Over the last two years the offensive line has gone downhill and he's had Carson Wentz and Matt Ryan. Now he's going into the season with Gardner Minshew or a 21-year-old Anthony Richardson (13 starts and 393 passing attempts in his college career) as his quarterback.

I think Taylor would be thrilled to be with the Chargers. I would definitely call the Colts to see what type of package would be enticing enough to make it happen. Irsay can say he's not trading him all he wants right now, but that could change if it becomes clear that there is no future for Taylor in Indianapolis. Considering Telesco went "all in" by keeping Keenan Allen and Khalil Mack in spite of their cap hits in 2024, I think signing Taylor to an extension after a trade would be an excellent investment that would have much less of an impact on the cap when Taylor's prime is finished in 2026 or after.
      Ekeler may have single handedly wrecked the colts and raiders.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Ekeler may have single handedly wrecked the colts and raiders.
        Operation submarine, my last and final Eke conspiracy theory

wicked diabolical dude - playing 2023 for keeps
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

There is no down side to sit out a season and let your body recover as a running back.
          Your career decline starts at the tender age of 27, instead of 26.

Play a few games and sit out the rest of the season complaining of nagging injuries will get you closer to year 5.
          Colt drafts have been horrendous, they'll franchise tag him a few years and then let him seek his 'market' value.

He'd come to LA if the Chargers give up a top draft pick and restructure his salary.
          It won't happen.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I think if I met Irsay I would want to be somewhere far away from him, too.

But with all of Telesco’s Indy ties, we have as a good a shot as anyone. Just how can the Chargers afford yet another superstar cap wise?

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
              FUdean
              • Dec 2022
              • Send PM

Watch out for the Lions this year

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Aaron Rodgers went full Will Smith on Sean Payton saying he better keep “my coach’s name out of his mouth”.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post
                  Watch out for the Lions this year
                  No Chargers on the list .... as well as the slew of honorable mentions.
                  Chargers have invested heavily, at the top, on the offensive side of the ball the last 4 drafts.

Patrick Queen is mentioned, but not Murray.
                  And yet, the Ravens did not pick up his 5th year option ...... strange.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    I think if I met Irsay I would want to be somewhere far away from him, too.

But with all of Telesco’s Indy ties, we have as a good a shot as anyone. Just how can the Chargers afford yet another superstar cap wise?

TG
                    We have a great OL this year, there is no reason for our RBs not to average 4+ yards per carry. That’s the plan, invest more in the OL so that any decent RB can be productive.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Aaron Rodgers went full Will Smith on Sean Payton saying he better keep “my coach’s name out of his mouth”.
                      I'd like to see that.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Talanoa Hufanga is Tuli Tuipulotu's cousin. He was also still on the board when Telesco drafted Brenden James in the 5th rd at #159 in 2021. The Niners drafted Hufanga with a 5th rd supplemental pick at #180. Makes me want to hurl something.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

First thing he's done in a while that I like.
                          he's right and right to use his platform to say it.
                          F Sean Payton.
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

Working...
                          X