• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northerner
    Charger fan since '79
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I feel Tomlin isn't going anywhere. The Steelers have had 3 HCs since 1969 , the other two retired, and he is the 3rd. Media making rumors. They need to draft better and he isn't the GM. They have Pickett and Trubiski at QB and they are starting Rudolph this week.
    isn't Rudolph busy with Santa this week? i could not hold back....

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Love Tomlin. He has this wierd problem with WR, though. Just WR. Look at the history of talented, top tier WR he has developed and how they all turned into mental cases. The latest is Pickins and Johnson who seem to be taking plays off. There are some mashups of them and it is pretty bad.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Kelce hopes we hire a trash coach. What a douchebag. I will enjoy him and his team getting dethroned, when the time comes.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
          Kelce hopes we hire a trash coach. What a douchebag. I will enjoy him and his team getting dethroned, when the time comes.
          I hope the SpANUS ilk read this and show Some sense of pride and hire Harbaugh.Get us fans a Real coach again Finally.Stop making this team the laughing stock of the NFL BECAUSE of cheap ass owners!

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Love Tomlin. He has this wierd problem with WR, though. Just WR. Look at the history of talented, top tier WR he has developed and how they all turned into mental cases. The latest is Pickins and Johnson who seem to be taking plays off. There are some mashups of them and it is pretty bad.

TG
            The Steelers are more than happy to have talented receivers with character issues fall down in the draft and snatch them up with the intention of having the Steelers culture hold them in line if not fully rehabilitate them. Eventually doing that consistently is going to run you into some players with unfixable character problems.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

isn't Rudolph busy with Santa this week? i could not hold back....
              LOL...yep:

Tomlin: "Rudolph, with your nose for football so bright...won't you lead my team tonight?"

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                He wants us to hire a jabroni. Can’t blame him. He’s used to beating us up with jabroni coaches

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Have reservations about Tomlin
                  don't see how he's this great leader and have multiple knuckleheads disrespect the locker room behind his back.
                  comes off to me as a Staley-type with better game management skills. What steve calls a "likership" guy.
                  do his players have any real fear of Tomlin? I doubt it.
                  he just has better ownership.
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    Have reservations about Tomlin
                    don't see how he's this great leader and have multiple knuckleheads disrespect the locker room behind his back.
                    comes off to me as a Staley-type with better game management skills. What steve calls a "likership" guy.
                    do his players have any real fear of Tomlin? I doubt it.
                    he just has better ownership.
                    Nothing about him seems Staley to me. Not boosting him or ripping him, just noting he seems the polar opposite of Staley. Not to mention he’s been doing it for what, over 20 yrs? He’s won a SB. He isnt the micro-design-detail nerd manager Staley thought he was, at all. He’s a delegator leader. The locker comments are still troubling to hear though.

He’s suffered bad drafts by his FO, the talent on that team has declined. He still doesn’t have a legit QB. I don’t know current Rooney nepo’s at all, the “Rooney ownership” of yore everyone always lauds as the best … been long gone for a long time.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Nothing about him seems Staley to me. Not boosting him or ripping him, just noting he seems the polar opposite of Staley. Not to mention he’s been doing it for what, over 20 yrs? He’s won a SB. He isnt the micro-design-detail nerd manager Staley thought he was, at all. He’s a delegator leader. The locker comments are still troubling to hear though.

He’s suffered bad drafts by his FO, the talent on that team has declined. He still doesn’t have a legit QB. I don’t know current Rooney nepo’s at all, the “Rooney ownership” of yore everyone always lauds as the best … been long gone for a long time.
                      All valid, but do you think a good leader tolerates all the BS locker room drama that's been festering underneath for as long as it did?
                      people want to immediately give him credit for "handling" that drama for years, but he didn't handle shit, he didn't have the hard conversations that led to any line in the sand.
                      At least Staley benched a few under performing guys and exiled a headcase in JCJ once he committed the football sin of refusing to play.
                      not trying to argue that Staley is better by any means, but instead I'm suggesting the general narrative around Tomlin being a leader is off. Even when he had the killer Bs, he didn't come through, but now he gets the pass because he doesn't have a qb..okay.
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

All valid, but do you think a good leader tolerates all the BS locker room drama that's been festering underneath for as long as it did?
                        people want to immediately give him credit for "handling" that drama for years, but he didn't handle shit, he didn't have the hard conversations that led to any line in the sand.
                        At least Staley benched a few under performing guys and exiled a headcase in JCJ once he committed the football sin of refusing to play.
                        not trying to argue that Staley is better by any means, but instead I'm suggesting the general narrative around Tomlin being a leader is off. Even when he had the killer Bs, he didn't come through, but now he gets the pass because he doesn't have a qb..okay.
                        Well, Tomlin DID bench Trubinsky...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well, Tomlin DID bench Trubinsky...
                          Didn't bench AB and isn't benching Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                          X