• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

And to think.... some people in this forum WANTED that bum for the Bolts...
    If Pats can’t do it then no team can. Put a fork on this one.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

If Pats can’t do it then no team can. Put a fork on this one.
      I think we can all agree, there's only two choices left for Trent Brown the 2022 season: put out a rap album concept album called 'Bootsy Collins is Jesus Christ Superstar' or jojn the Raiders.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Admitting Joey Bosa's comments got 'under my skin' - Derek Carr

Joey Bosa.png

Dude, we know. Stop advertising you have the yips.

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
          Admitting Joey Bosa's comments got 'under my skin' - Derek Carr

Joey Bosa.png

Dude, we know. Stop advertising you have the yips.
          At least Carr is not seeing ghost like Darnold…. Or is he? :whistlin:

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

We had to shell out THREE draft picks to move up for Weddle...worked out I suppose in this case, but not so much a year later, when AJ did about the same thing for just an average RB like Jacob Hester...
            Calling Hester an average RB is a great insult to average RBs.

AJ’s arrogance was his own demise. I too recall that “we have 46 or 47 positions locked” comment and that he truly thought he couldn’t improve the team. Jacob Fucking Hester.

He forgot that a roster is like a pantry, with a pack of teenage boys to feed. Players leave, players get hurt, players fade, players don’t always pan out. You have to continually replenish the roster. If you’re not always restocking, you’ll quickly go hungry.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

On a 2003 Monday night game, John Madden said that the Chargers just lacked talent.
              AJ Smith drafted spectacularly over the next 3 drafts
              Even his first draft in 2003 was not all that bad, if we ignore the bonanza of rookie free agents they brought in that year

The problem was that he thought he was 'bleeping brilliant' and got rid of some of the important contributors to those drafts:

Buddy Nix & Marty Schottenheimer.

Remember, Marty was coach of the South team in the 2004 Senior Bowl. He did that for a reason.
              You bet he had a lot of input. It was AJ's greatest draft (or maybe 2005).

In 2005, Charger scouts showed Marty film of Vincent Jackson and asked him to guess how large he thought Vincent Jackson was.
              Marty liked big receivers.

Coaching staffs make a difference in the quality of drafts. Its not a coincidence AJ Smith's drafts went south the minute Norv replaced Marty,
              and Buddy Nix quit; nor is it a coincidence that Marty Schottenheimer always seemed to have a lot of talent on his teams.
              I think that is more than fair. Those teams were very talented, so I still need to give some props to AJ. I agree with your take also about the importance of coaching and I might add, putting players in positions for them to succeed. That is a very good point about the correlation with good draft years and good coaches that can get the most of those picks.

I do not think it is by chance that both Nas and Tillery are starting to show flashes that they had not shown previously. As high as I always been on MW, I did not see him producing at the level he has been so far this season, so again I have to agree.. Coaching players up and coaches putting players in positions to maximize their talents can certainly be seen with this new coaching staff.

Being a data analyst myself, I especially like how much detail is put into leveraging analytics by varying situations during a live game where data models are also used to help build realistic pre-game situational football plans.. In my opinion, this is the very definition of a holistic approach to planning and implementing strategies for an NFL game!

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

There's a story out about Jon Gruden writing an email with racial slurs in it. It's "under investigation' Stay tuned for more.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  There's a story out about Jon Gruden writing an email with racial slurs in it. It's "under investigation' Stay tuned for more.
                  I watched some news on it this morning. He said a guy "had lips as big as michelin tires"....now most commentators on the round-table were really upset like it was a very big deal. Could be.

Supposedly Gruden said that when he thinks someone is a liar, he refers to them as "rubber lips" so he was using it in that context. I would say thats feasible/possible if its a term you just use as a habit. Not defending him but I can see the case.

That said...this could turn out to be pretty bad for him given the state of social media and political pressure. I would not be surprised if he ends up having to resign, even if he is telling the truth. Thats just how things go these days.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Mason Crosby had made 26th straight field goals as of earlier today and now he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                      Mason Crosby had made 26th straight field goals as of earlier today and now he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat
                      Kickers can have a bad day too.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Well I hope our kicker's bad day leads to the exit door because he's just not reliable. Tryouts start Monday.

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Crosby has always run really hot and cold in his career.

Comment

Working...
                          X