Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    CB Michael Davis has signed with the Commanders
    Any idea on terms?

only ask because if it’s over 3APY we get our 6th round compensation pick back
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Such a punk.

Post-nuptial says it all . . . . . . . . . . . . . . what an idiot

Comment

• ChargingBolts
        Superbowl?
        • Sep 2018
        • Los Angeles/Chicago
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

IMO Pittsburg is hoping Wilson plays well in 2024 (obviously) but he also functions as the 'bridge QB' to a much younger Fields - for a long term solution at QB. Pittsburg can work on 'fixing' Fields through the 2024 season, then sign him to a relatively cheap contract extension in 2025 and cut Wilson for a comp pick. If Fields comes around Wilson goes. If Fields never makes it over the hump they can cut him for a comp pick and at least still have Wilson. . . . . . . . . . . all of this is miles better than Pickett / Trubiski.

IMO they've played it well . . . . . .
        If Wilson plays terrible and Fields plays 51% it's a 4th round pick is it really a steal especially if Fields is average?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

If Wilson plays terrible and Fields plays 51% it's a 4th round pick is it really a steal especially if Fields is average?
          In terms of cost, probably yes its a "steal". a usable backup QB is probably worth a 4th to me. But In terms of dramatically moving the needle for PIT as a championship team - I would think definitely not. They could get two more mediocre QBs for a couple more 4th or 5th Rd picks - 2 more steals but they will still be a team without a legit top QB. Stacking more of them doesn't make the team better, is my view.

CHI worked really hard to develop him, and just gave up. They will spend their highly valuable #1 pick on QB and basically gave Fields away just to clear the room. They know him better than anyone else does.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Vikings fans and media are in love with the idea of Minn trading for Justin Herbert. It's a pipe dream, but you can't blame them for dreaming. Herbert went into Minn last season and shredded the Vikes' D to pieces for 4 TDs, remember that game? That's why there is all this clamoring coming from up that way.

The Vikings have the draft capital to pursue a blockbuster trade for Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Vikings fans and media are in love with the idea of Minn trading for Justin Herbert. It's a pipe dream, but you can't blame them for dreaming. Herbert went into Minn last season and shredded the Vikes' D to pieces for 4 TDs, remember that game? That's why there is all this clamoring coming from up that way.

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-v...hargers-trade/
              I was looking at dead cap but I couldn't figure out how much is actual prepaid bonus vs guaranteed future contract. His cap hit in a trade isn $120M or whatever that current cut number is. I've seen ">$100M" but I don't know.

I'm certain its a big number that our cap situation can' accommodate, regardless on if someone convinced JH2 to make the dumbest move in Charger history. which nobody will. Justin Herbert is not going anywhere,
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Right, no way it happens but I just wonder how they come to the idea that he is even available!

McCarthy asside being his ex college QB, Herbert is the reason he came here in the first place and we re hired the QB coach upon his request.
                But im sure they don't know that.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

I mean if he had to go to another team I could live with the Vikings as I have a lot of family there. I guess I'll be moving to Minnesota then. LOL! I don't think JJ could fill Herberts shoes and on top of that why did we bring in Harbaugh here?

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Right, no way it happens but I just wonder how they come to the idea that he is even available!

McCarthy asside being his ex college QB, Herbert is the reason he came here in the first place and we re hired the QB coach upon his request.
                    But im sure they don't know that.
                    Somebody tweeted the idea that the Vikes' move back into the first round might be to target Herbert in a trade. Other media/pundits have picked up on it, mostly out of wishful thinking with no basis in reality. Vikes fans are in QB purgatory, desperately seeking a way out. They watched Herbert have a Mahomes-esque game against the Vikes last season and they are desperately grabbing at straws.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Commanders continue strong work in free agency by signing former Chargers starting cornerback (msn.com)

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                        Their droppin like flies lol.We definitely need to trade down with somebody and gather picks.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X