• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

if I was them, think I'd give Reggie McKenzie another go 'round, and.... ghost >> do you like the idea of your HC having a say in who his GM should/could be ??
    The whole idea is counterintuitive to everything I've ever known about front office guys.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicag...ears-football/

In the 20th century, One of my heroes was Jim Finks. Best GM of all-time. I am used to old-school management, so a concept that a head coach would be in any position to help select his GM is a anathema to me. (Did you know the #1 pick in 1970 was Terry Bradshaw and was decided with coin flip? Jim Finks lost.)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jefffed...h=5b80e1df4488

Fast-forward to the 21st century, Andy Reid selects Brett Veach as GM, who started working full time in the NFL as an assistant to Eagles head coach Andy Reid in 2007. When Reid became the Chiefs’ head coach in 2013, Reid brought Veach to Kansas City with him. Brett Veach then succeeded John Dorsey as general manager in 2017. The Chiefs obviously won Super Bowl LIV under Veach’s watch, but his most impressive work may have occurred after that victory. Despite having less than $200 in salary cap space at one point, the Chiefs managed to extend stars Chris Jones, Travis Kelce and — most notably — Patrick Mahomes.

So, taking all this knowledge in, and assuming John Spanos has blown out both Lynn & Telesco, IF I am John Spanos, I am looking at three offensive minds at OC to become the next head coach of the Chargers. The discipline was completely changed with this dynamic, eliminates alot of head coaches and GMs, as the new discipline is getting Justin Herbert the best offensive mind for Herbert to grow with for his future.

Eric Bieniemy

Arthur Smith

Brian Daboll

Eric Bieniemy & Arthur Smith faced each other in the AFC Championship game last January.

Daboll's Bills offense will be in the playoffs in 2020 as well.

I expect the above three to be in the interview groupings.

Conclusion: Finally, Chiefs' Director of Football Operations, Mike Borgonzi would be named Chargers GM and Eric Bieniemy head coach.
    Last edited by ghost; 12-03-2020, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Bud Dupree - Torn ACL He was putting together his best season too. Hate to see it.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

reminds me of when Doc Rivers moved his guy into the FO position.... didn't like it, as something like that sure takes the wind outta any system of your checks 'n balances.

ps. not sure I get your love for Bieniemy, as isn't he the closest thing to an Anthony Lynn 2.0 ??

another running backs coach, that peoples aren't sure how much credit to give him as OC, and worst of all, did nothing while HC in Colorado.... ??
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

reminds me of when Doc Rivers moved his guy into the FO position.... didn't like it, as something like that sure takes the wind outta any system of your checks 'n balances.

ps. not sure I get your love for Bieniemy, as isn't he the closest thing to an Anthony Lynn 2.0 ??

another running backs coach, that peoples aren't sure how much credit to give him as OC, and worst of all, did nothing while HC in Colorado.... ??
          Agree...don't understand all the attention Bieniemy is getting...never an HC, OC for only 3 years...before that RB coach...I would consider him based on success with Chefs, but would prefer someone with HC experience...

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Agree...don't understand all the attention Bieniemy is getting...never an HC, OC for only 3 years...before that RB coach...I would consider him based on success with Chefs, but would prefer someone with HC experience...
            If Erik was actually 100% the OC there, maybe id feel diferent but he isnt and Reid still calls the plays. Now as a HC, i dont think EB will call plays and be a HC. These youngins dont have the experience to do both as HC is a far more involved thing than what they have ever done.

Thats what i dont get with guys like Popper saying we need a offensive minded HC. Does he think that HC is going to run our offense? Lynn dont run or offense, he just tells Steichen he wants to be a running type of offense and then Steichen does stupid shit like call a a run with no timeouts and 20 seconds on the clock.

Pete Carrolls QB leads the league in TD passes with a second year WR who leads in the league in reception yards. Hey not bad for a former DC.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I've been a fan of the man since we drafted him in 1991and I still have his rookie cards.

The Chiefs offense is so prolific it's practically boring. There is such a high level of coaching going on when the Chiefs are on-offense, I am over-whelmed at the high level of execution. It's off-the-charts. I think it's basically a fast break offense, that runs through and is predicated on the TE. Then, it a matter of incorporating RBs as WRs and WRs and RBs and the jet-sweep and motion. All solid principles.

I think Eric Bieniemy will become a star at HC.

Listen to this man speak to the media, this is before his offense came back from a 24 point first quarter deficit and hung 51 points on Houston. Eric may be in-fact a short, black, bald man and that's a tough sell for some folks, especially in image-conscious LA, but that doesn't equate the man. John Harbaugh came up under Andy Reid, I firmly believe Eric is of that caliber coach.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I've been a fan of the man since we drafted him in 1991and I still have his rookie cards.

The Chiefs offense is so prolific it's practically boring. There is such a high level of coaching going on when the Chiefs are on-offense, I am over-whelmed at the high level of execution. It's off-the-charts. I think it's basically a fast break offense, that runs through and is predicated on the TE. Then, it a matter of incorporating RBs as WRs and WRs and RBs and the jet-sweep and motion. All solid principles.

Listen to this man speak to the media, this is before his offense came back from a 24 point first quarter deficit and hung 51 points on Houston. Eric may be in-fact a short, black, bald man and that's a tough sell for some folks, especially in image-conscious LA, but that doesn't equate the man. John Harbaugh came up under Andy Reid, I firmly believe Eric is of that caliber coach.
                cool that you've still got his rookie cards.... use to collect cards myself.... sold 'em all for a coupla few thousand awhile back, and....

made it thru half the vid.... nice guy, def has his own style/way about him, and.... eye know what he did without Reid, and is nothing I'd like to take a chance on.

Joe Brady worked w/Brees, learned from Payton, sent Burrow into the NFL draft stratosphere, and has turned the Carolina O into a solid plus if not a ++.

there are a ton of variables, and more importantly one key known factor, and that is that JH10 has got game, and it's not to be squandered.

in my mind there is much less risk w/Brady coordinating our O (as HC) rather than Bieniemy working on an island without Andy Reid.
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

cool that you've still got his rookie cards.... use to collect cards myself.... sold 'em all for a coupla few thousand awhile back, and....

made it thru half the vid.... nice guy, def has his own style/way about him, and.... eye know what he did without Reid, and is nothing I'd like to take a chance on.

Joe Brady worked w/Brees, learned from Payton, sent Burrow into the NFL draft stratosphere, and has turned the Carolina O into a solid plus if not a ++.

there are a ton of variables, and more importantly one key known factor, and that is that JH10 has got game, and it's not to be squandered.

in my mind there is much less risk w/Brady coordinating our O (as HC) rather than Bieniemy working on an island without Andy Reid.
                    I have every ProFootBall Weekly from the decade of the 1990s, and draft guides from the last 30 years.

I believe what Joe Brady brought to LSU was 4 vertical routes and the guts to throw the ball at run-happy LSU. A pro-set offense.

Joe Brady is currently sitting at 4-6 as OC on his leap to the NFL. It must be compared directly to the OC Popper mentioned as Bieniemy is 10-1 as OC. The Panthers are starting to produce, but Brady isn't ready to be the just yet.

PREDICTION TIME: The Chiefs are going back to the AFC Championship Game @ Pittsburgh and they will beat the Steelers and play the Rams in Super 55. That's my prediction. Chiefs win that too.

Two Super Bowl wins in-a-row for the OC Bieniemy. THAT'S the guy I'm taking.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I have every ProFootBall Weekly from the decade of the 1990s, and draft guides from the last 30 years.

I believe what Joe Brady brought to LSU was 4 vertical routes and the guts to throw the ball at run-happy LSU. A pro-set offense.

Joe Brady is currently sitting at 4-6 as OC on his leap to the NFL. It must be compared directly to the OC Popper mentioned as Bieniemy is 10-1 as OC. The Panthers are starting to produce, but Brady isn't ready to be the just yet.

PREDICTION TIME: The Chiefs are going back to the AFC Championship Game @ Pittsburgh and they will beat the Steelers and play the Rams in Super 55. That's my prediction. Chiefs win that too.

Two Super Bowl wins in-a-row for the OC Bieniemy. THAT'S the guy I'm taking.
                      too many coordinators turn out to not be all that without the window dressing of their former HC.... don't want to look back and wish I had gone for Brady a year early rather than a year too late.

eye missed out on Ron Rivera, not once but twice.... no thank you to coattail coordinators under massively successful HCs.

you and Critts can have your former RB coaches.... I'll take the football nerd from William & Mary.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I gots nothing against Erik Bieniemy. Just experience is all id prefer. I dont care if he is short, black and bald. Means nada to me.

Reid is white, fat, looks like whimpy asking for a burger today to pay you on Tuesday, but he is a good coach and has a ring. Thats all want. Our HC could look like the elephant man,.... as long as he gets us a ring i dont care.

As ive said, i expect Dean to go the cheaper route so if thats who he hires, thats who he hires and ill hope for the best. Id just prefer experience to the cheap , inexprienced route that has got us no where.

If he hires Erik but shit cans Telesco, id be good there too because TT has under achieved but that also might be on JohnBoy and Dean. But i think they all have to go.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-03-2020, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

I see no difference with Brady to Erik B. Both inexperienced as HC's. Neither light my fire. Dean will screw this up and probably hire someone we least expect.

Rivera has been ok. Seems to have a wining season every other year. Inconsistant.

Comment

Working...
                          X