Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Bradshaw also has a 4-0 SB record.
    I’ll take 6 or 7+ rings over 4.
    I don't know Ninja, unbeaten in the big game sounds good to me.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Attack
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2017
      • Send PM

Bradshaw also has a 4-0 SB record.
      I’ll take 6 or 7+ rings over 4.
      If Carroll didn't brainfart at the end of the game, that would be a L. And if Atlanta didn't fold like a cheap suit, that would be a L too. That would make TB12 4-5 in the Bowl.

But he did get the W in those two games, so they count in his favor.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I don't know Ninja, unbeaten in the big game sounds good to me.
        Certainly but 6+ rings, 10 appearances is more longevity of success.
        Winning % be damned. 6+ banners hanging beats 4 even with the occasional L.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post

If Carroll didn't brainfart at the end of the game, that would be a L. And if Atlanta didn't fold like a cheap suit, that would be a L too. That would make TB12 4-5 in the Bowl.

But he did get the W in those two games, so they count in his favor.
          And if the gnats don’t make a couple of incredible catches he is 8-1 with the only 19-0 record.

I can play the what if game too.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...getting tired of seeing the Goat in another SB...Brady just keeps popping up like a stubborn pimple...reminds me of how Disney-related products and promos keep popping up wherever u look--Disney news, Disney movies, Disney TV shows, Disney internet promos, Disney toys, Disney Cruises, Disney week on Wheel of Fortune...yada, yada, yada...I went to the supermarket and even saw DONALD DUCK ORANGE JUICE, for crying out loud! To Brady and Disney both--ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
            This is actually the first SB I can remember I’m not detesting seeing the GOAT play. all i know is TB + BB got a buttload of rings, and they split up and TB is shooting for another one while BB is eating a subway sandwich at home.

As to the post about his bad rating. True. 3 picks in a row devastated his rating, and he was fortunate his defense held up enough. But he also had some great drives and some wicked tight throws, and he put up the points they needed. Rating Numbers are interesting but watching the entire game, it wasn’t given to him like when Big Ben won his rings while completely floundering - he went and took it. Jmo

He was a heck of a lot more clutch than Allen was, regardless of what the numbers say. Allen puckered up like a pickle in the sun.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Attack
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2017
              • Send PM

And if the gnats don’t make a couple of incredible catches he is 8-1 with the only 19-0 record.

I can play the what if game too.
              Granted, the Giants made some great plays in their wins over Brady. But I'd say the pass rush beat him just as much as the catches. Brady saw the L coming in the SEA game when the camera was on him on the sideline. When Carroll brainfarted on the pass call that was picked off instead of running, Brady was in disbelief. You can't get any closer to being a L. Truly pulling defeat out of the jaws of victory. And the ATL game was mystifying. That was a full on collapse. The Giants games were up for grabs and could have gone either way.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                Otto Graham ????????

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Did I also see a stat where Brady has played in 14 or 15 Conference title games?
                  Whatever the number was, it meant he'd played in his conference championship game 2 out of every 3 years.....over a 20+ year career!
                  Must have been fun being a Patriot fan all those years, KNOWING you were going to get a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl almost every year.
                  Any talk of him NOT being the greatest QB of all time needs to cease and desist. Sure, other guys have put up bigger numbers but being a great QB is so much more than just compiling stats. The top 30 All Time Yardage leader list is littered with average to not really very good QB's( Hasslebeck, Cutler!, Flacco, Collins, Testaverde,etc.)

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                    Did I also see a stat where Brady has played in 14 or 15 Conference title games?
                    Whatever the number was, it meant he'd played in his conference championship game 2 out of every 3 years.....over a 20+ year career!
                    Must have been fun being a Patriot fan all those years, KNOWING you were going to get a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl almost every year.
                    Any talk of him NOT being the greatest QB of all time needs to cease and desist. Sure, other guys have put up bigger numbers but being a great QB is so much more than just compiling stats. The top 30 All Time Yardage leader list is littered with average to not really very good QB's( Hasslebeck, Cutler!, Flacco, Collins, Testaverde,etc.)
                    You make a good point. Although when guys like Montana were playing the rules were not nearly as tipped in the QB favor. What Montana did was equally impresivie, and being 4-0 in the SB with
                    • 286 yards per game
                    • 11:0 TD:INT ratio
                    • 68% completion rate
                    • 9.4 yards per pass
                    • 2 rushing touchdowns
                    • 127.8 passer rating
                    His stats in the SB are second to none. ZERO interceptions. WOW that is amazing in of itself.

Also Otto Graham played 10 seasons and went to the championship game every year winning 7 of them. That is amazing, Brady's is amazing as well but its not 100%. Not trying to argue with you but just showing you where others come from when they point out that there are arguments for other QB's being the GOAT.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Happy 87th Birthday to Bob Uecker.

Bob Uecker on Johnny Carson: I signed a contract w/ St. Louis for $2500. Now, that was alot of money in those days.....But me and my Dad managed to scrape it together.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

You make a good point. Although when guys like Montana were playing the rules were not nearly as tipped in the QB favor. What Montana did was equally impresivie, and being 4-0 in the SB with
                        • 286 yards per game
                        • 68% completion rate
                        • 9.4 yards per pass
                        • 2 rushing touchdowns
                        • 127.8 passer rating
                        His stats in the SB are second to none. ZERO interceptions. WOW that is amazing in of itself.

Also Otto Graham played 10 seasons and went to the championship game every year winning 7 of them. That is amazing, Brady's is amazing as well but its not 100%. Not trying to argue with you but just showing you where others come from when they point out that there are arguments for other QB's being the GOAT.
                        Totally agree. What guys like Graham, Montana, Bradshaw did were all GREAT. Some like to diminish their accomplishments due to the guys they played with or the era in which they played. At the end of the day, those guys went out there and BEAT people year after year.
                        I just think the fact that here we are, 20 years after TB went to his first Super Bowl, he's there AGAIN.....after being in it every other year the past 2 decades. Not bad for a 6th round draft pick.
                        Let's hope JH has half his career....oh hell, I'd take a quarter of that.

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

• 286 yards per game
                          • 68% completion rate
                          • 9.4 yards per pass
                          • 2 rushing touchdowns
                          • 127.8 passer rating

Montana has Jordan like stats in the SB. Damn.

Comment

Working...
                          X