• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

PackerNation

Super enjoyed the Casey Hayward lender... especially since your amazing FO let him walk just in time for him to explode into Pro Bowl form.
    Also super appreciative your FO overspending and allowing us to steal Pro Bowl level Corey Linsley.

Having said that, you can keep Bryan Bulaga.

BTW... we've done a position-by-position analysis Chargers vs. Chiefs before.
    Chiefs win @3-4 positions... Chargers win @5-6 positions. I can do the breakdown if you'd like... but only if you've done your Coryell/Gilman homework. You have to show a speck of willingness to learn/improve/work.

Andy Reid is a bonafide great head coach. But you may want to check out the play-calling of Kellen Moore. Like Coryell/Gilman/Paul Brown before... I think Kellen will take many of Reid's concepts to the next level. Combine that with the talent on Chargers' roster... and the Chiefs stranglehold on the AFC West is officially over.

Try to remember that we out-played the Chiefs in Week 2... even without our Pro Bowl WR (Keenan Allen)... or our Pro Bowl center (Linsley) for the 2nd half... or that Herbert fractured his rib cartilage and couldn't lift is arm above his head in the 4th quarter. Try to remember that the Chiefs barely beat us in Week 10 with a last minute score... even though we were down Chief-Killer Mike Williams or Pro Bowler LT Slater... or Pro Bowler OLB Joey Bosa...

I know you discount injuries to Pro Bowlers and don't know much about our roster... But don't be surprised if the offensive genius of Kellen Moore brings the present roster's talent level up to anyone in the NFL. I mean, Moore had the #1 scoring offense two years ago... with a much less-talented Cowboys roster.

Have fun at Packers training camp... I've always admired the cozy-Packer feel in that town! Well-done! I hope to make a trip to Lambeau Field one day.
    Last edited by Boltnut; 07-03-2023, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PackerNation View Post

Nope, you'd lose that "bet."

Other teams fans think the Chargers have a decent head coach, who makes a better DC than head coach. And they think the Chargers have a decent roster, but nowhere near the level of the Chiefs roster. The Chiefs also have the better coaching staff, fan base, and QB. No way in hell the Chargers are winning that division. Denver could also take 2nd place, very probable actually. No, "other teams fans" do not "think" the Chargers are "loaded." Sorry to burst your bubble.

Getting back on topic, as this thread is about other NFL teams and not about the Chargers.

The Packers rookies, QBs, and injured players report to camp on July 21st. Vets report July 25th

First practice is June 26th on Ray Nitschke Field.

The Packers will have 13 practices open to the public, including 2 joint practices in Green Bay with the Patriots, before the 2 two teams play an August 19th preseason game. And Family Night(August 5th) which is a practice on Lambeau Field with Fireworks and other festivities after practice.

Not listed below is one joint practice in Cinci with the Bengals when the Packers visit the Bengals for their first preseason game on August 11th.
      Screenshot_20230703-070956_(1).png
      Should be a great training camp as always in Green Bay. Well over 300,000 people attend the practices and other events going on during camp.

DreamDrive will also be fully operational as the construction of new facilities, players underground parking, and the new 4K LED scoreboards installation is now complete in and around the TitleTown district.
      images-30.jpg
      images-24.jpg
      Some of you may recognize this quality individual on Dream Drive in 2015. Once a Packer, Always a Packer!

OneTeamOneNation
      PackerNation!
      thanks PN, or tgeswhoeverthateven is, this is the type of info i love to have other fans bring.

i hope all teams and fans take the Chargers as a decent team with decent roster in a decent city with decent fans eating decent food wearing decent clothes and any other decent you can think of adding. Chargers tend to not thrive in favorite lovechild status, I welcome any and all disrespect.

KC is definitely top3 in fandom - the downside is they have to live in KC, which sucks balls imo.

Chargers report sometime in July too - I’d nail it down but I’m only a decent fan
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Nope, you'd lose that "bet."

Other teams fans think the Chargers have a decent head coach, who makes a better DC than head coach. And they think the Chargers have a decent roster, but nowhere near the level of the Chiefs roster. The Chiefs also have the better coaching staff, fan base, and QB. No way in hell the Chargers are winning that division. Denver could also take 2nd place, very probable actually. No, "other teams fans" do not "think" the Chargers are "loaded." Sorry to burst your bubble.

Getting back on topic, as this thread is about other NFL teams and not about the Chargers.

The Packers rookies, QBs, and injured players report to camp on July 21st. Vets report July 25th

First practice is June 26th on Ray Nitschke Field.

The Packers will have 13 practices open to the public, including 2 joint practices in Green Bay with the Patriots, before the 2 two teams play an August 19th preseason game. And Family Night(August 5th) which is a practice on Lambeau Field with Fireworks and other festivities after practice.

Not listed below is one joint practice in Cinci with the Bengals when the Packers visit the Bengals for their first preseason game on August 11th.
        Screenshot_20230703-070956_(1).png
        Should be a great training camp as always in Green Bay. Well over 300,000 people attend the practices and other events going on during camp.

DreamDrive will also be fully operational as the construction of new facilities, players underground parking, and the new 4K LED scoreboards installation is now complete in and around the TitleTown district.
        images-30.jpg
        images-24.jpg
        Some of you may recognize this quality individual on Dream Drive in 2015. Once a Packer, Always a Packer!

OneTeamOneNation
        PackerNation!
        I was talking about the WRs only.

Seems you DO have a reading problem.

And i dont think Denver is better than us at all. Sean Payton has shown to be a good HC but he also dont have Brees any longer. Russell Wilson is no Drew Brees.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I was talking about the WRs only.

Seems you DO have a reading problem.

And i dont think Denver is better than us at all. Sean Payton has shown to be a good HC but he also dont have Brees any longer. Russell Wilson is no Drew Brees.
          I’m not buying the Payton hype personally. He flopped to 9-8 once Brees left and then he quickly retired to not get stained by the shit team he conspired with the FO to build by previously using the most extraordinary CAP Manipulation pump and dump scam seen so far in NFL history. He left that team completely fucked and once that bill started to come due, he bailed on them. Not the mark of great moral fiber or conviction imo -

now here he is just a year later and “wants to coach” somewhere that didnt have a $100M cap mega bomb. He didnt adequately calculate the Wilson problem he is stuck with imo, Wilson ain’t gonna be a winner ever again.

As a reminder of how time flies, he won his only SB back in 2009.

Comment

• PackerNation
            Banned
            • Jun 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
            Super enjoyed the Casey Hayward lender... especially since your amazing FO let him walk just in time for him to explode into Pro Bowl form.
            Also super appreciative your FO overspending and allowing us to steal Pro Bowl level Corey Linsley.

Having said that, you can keep Bryan Bulaga.

BTW... we've done a position-by-position analysis Chargers vs. Chiefs before.
            Chiefs win @3-4 positions... Chargers win @5-6 positions. I can do the breakdown if you'd like... but only if you've done your Coryell/Gilman homework. You have to show a speck of willingness to learn/improve/work.

Andy Reid is a bonafide great head coach. But you may want to check out the play-calling of Kellen Moore. Like Coryell/Gilman/Paul Brown before... I think Kellen will take many of Reid's concepts to the next level. Combine that with the talent on Chargers' roster... and the Chiefs stranglehold on the AFC West is officially over.

Try to remember that we out-played the Chiefs in Week 2... even without our Pro Bowl WR (Keenan Allen)... or our Pro Bowl center (Linsley) for the 2nd half... or that Herbert fractured his rib cartilage and couldn't lift is arm above his head in the 4th quarter. Try to remember that the Chiefs barely beat us in Week 10 with a last minute score... even though we were down Chief-Killer Mike Williams or Pro Bowler LT Slater... or Pro Bowler OLB Joey Bosa...

I know you discount injuries to Pro Bowlers and don't know much about our roster... But don't be surprised if the offensive genius of Kellen Moore brings the present roster's talent level up to anyone in the NFL. I mean, Moore had the #1 scoring offense two years ago... with a much less-talented Cowboys roster.

Have fun at Packers training camp... I've always admired the cozy-Packer feel in that town! Well-done! I hope to make a trip to Lambeau Field one day.
            Casey Hayward is a quality individual and Ted Thompson who is now deceased, let him go. The Packers didn't want to pay him what he would have wanted and made no offer. The end.

Corey Linsley and Bryan Bulaga are more quality individuals. Linsley was again a money issue and Bryan was a quality RT for many years, but past his prime. The Pack let him go at the
            right time.

I'm not really interested in your biased analysis of the Chiefs roster. I know what my analysis is and I have zero bias when it comes to the 2 teams. The Chiefs roster and coaching staff is superior to the Chargers. The end. The Broncos roster is closer to the level of the Chargers roster. I'd again give the coaching staff nod to Sean Payton and his assistants and coordinators. I would not be surprised at all if Denver ends up in 2nd place in the AFC West behind the Chiefs. No hate, but I am not picking the Chargers to make the playoffs. No way 3 teams from the AFC West get in.

If you think the Lions are winning the NFC North, then more power to ya. You would then have no clue. You would be surprised then to see the Packers and Vikings finish one and two in the division. Stay tuned to find out which is one and which is two. The Packers had one disappointing season, but are still The Kings Of The North. The haters said the Packers would suck for all eternity when Favre was shipped to the Jets. Some of you are claiming the Packers will suck because we shipped Aaron to Jets. Good luck with that. Same thing I told the haters in 2008.

I know NFL rosters better than you could ever dream of. I know the Chargers roster as well. I'm not a typical NFL fan. I have followed football intimately at all levels for over 40 years. Played in college and became a High School coach for 12 years after my college career.

On all things Green Bay, I have an expert level of knowledge, but following the NFL closely for over 40 years gives me a vast knowledge of all NFL franchises. Rosters, coaching staffs, front offices, and yes, fan bases.

I am not sure how the practice viewing experience for the fans is in Costa Mesa(I assume not as good as Green Bay) but I would suggest all Chargers fans that are able to attend the joint practices with the Saints on August 17th and 18th, to do so. That is your best opportunity to get a real good look at what your team is before the season starts. Better than preseason games because it's 1s vs.1s all day.

Is it November 19th yet?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Casey Hayward is a quality individual and Ted Thompson who is now deceased, let him go. The Packers didn't want to pay him what he would have wanted and made no offer. The end.

Corey Linsley and Bryan Bulaga are more quality individuals. Linsley was again a money issue and Bryan was a quality RT for many years, but past his prime. The Pack let him go at the
              right time.

I'm not really interested in your biased analysis of the Chiefs roster. I know what my analysis is and I have zero bias when it comes to the 2 teams. The Chiefs roster and coaching staff is superior to the Chargers. The end. The Broncos roster is closer to the level of the Chargers roster. I'd again give the coaching staff nod to Sean Payton and his assistants and coordinators. I would not be surprised at all if Denver ends up in 2nd place in the AFC west behind the Chiefs. No hate, but I am not picking the Chargers to make the playoffs. No way 3 teams from the AFC West get in.

If you think the Lions are winning the NFC North, then more power to ya. You would then have no clue. You would be surprised then to see the Packers and Vikings finish one and two in the division. Stay tuned to find out which is one and which is two. The Packers had one disappointing season, but are still The Kings Of The North. The haters said the Packers would suck for all eternity when Favre was shipped to the Jets. Some of you are claiming the Packers will suck because we shipped Aaron to Jets. Good luck with that. Same thing I told the haters in 2008.

I know NFL rosters better than you could ever dream of. I know the Chargers roster as well. I'm not a typical NFL fan. I have followed football intimately at all levels for over 40 years. Played in college and became a High School coach for 12 years after my college career.

On all things Green Bay, I have a expert level of knowledge, but following the NFL closely for over 40 years gives me a vast knowledge of all NFL franchises. Rosters, coaching staffs, front offices, and yes, fan bases.

I am not sure how the practice viewing experience for the fans is in Costa Mesa(I assume not as good as Green Bay) but I would suggest all Chargers fans that are able to attend the joint practices with the Saints on August 17th and 18th, to do so. That is your best opportunity to get a real good look at what your team is before the season starts. Better than preseason games because it's 1s vs.1s all day.

Is it November 19th yet?
              It’s a given that fan participation and fever in GB exceeds LA Chargers camp viewership. I’ll grant that, I just don’t know how or why that translates into anything meaningful.

Hayward and Linsley were/are great for us - Bulaga was a huge fail.

I think Vikings are odds-on to win the division, not the Lions and not the Packers. I doubt Vikings go far in the playoffs though. You’re going to struggle more with Love than you anticipate right now. Love is not Aaron Rodgers. He wasn’t in college and he hasnt been in his limited play in the pros. He may develop into an elite franchise QB but it’s not happening on day 1. I could be wrong, we’ll see when the snaps are for real.

Chiefs have to be odds-on in AFCW. My Chargers have a shot to unseat them, though I could see the Chargers go 12-5 and still be 2nd place. DEN and LV have no shot.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

right time.

I'm not really interested in your biased analysis of the Chiefs roster. I know what my analysis is and I have zero bias when it comes to the 2 teams. The Chiefs roster and coaching staff is superior to the Chargers. The end. The Broncos roster is closer to the level of the Chargers roster. I'd again give the coaching staff nod to Sean Payton and his assistants and coordinators. I would not be surprised at all if Denver ends up in 2nd place in the AFC West behind the Chiefs. No hate, but I am not picking the Chargers to make the playoffs. No way 3 teams from the AFC West get in.

On all things Green Bay, I have an expert level of knowledge, but following the NFL closely for over 40 years gives me a vast knowledge of all NFL franchises. Rosters, coaching staffs, front offices, and yes, fan bases.

Is it November 19th yet?
                ..And we know this is true because everything internet trolls say is true. The end.
                I'll weigh your opinions against the facts after the season gets going. You have spiced up my interest in a Chargers beat down of GB
                Nov 19. Thank you.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I'm not really interested in your biased analysis of the Chiefs roster. I know what my analysis is and I have zero bias when it comes to the 2 teams. The Chiefs roster and coaching staff is superior to the Chargers. The end...

Is it November 19th yet?
                  We watch the Chiefs struggle with the Chargers every year (despite the Chiefs having the better roster and coaching staff from year's past).
                  You don't know these rosters as well as the Chargers' fans here @TPB. We have vigorous pre-draft discussions here and many of us have playing/coaching/scouting experience. There are numerous players (Chargers, Chiefs, and Packers) that I have been a proponent for... and many (IMO) that got over-hyped/over-drafted. IMO, the defenses are pretty equal... with the Chargers/Chiefs offenses being vastly superior to the Pack's. The biggest thing you're missing about the Chargers' offense has to do with the on-boarding of Kellen Moore (a guy that a majority of us followed in college @Boise State). The Chiefs and Cowboys have been toe-to-toe offensively the years that Kellen Moore was in Dallas. Kellen Moore solves many of the problems that have plagued out team for years.

I can guarantee you that most of us were watching the West Coast QB's (Rodgers and Love) well before they hit your "experts" watch list. Shit, I think Sonora Jim was watching Rodgers while he was at Butte Junior College. I was watching Love take apart my San Diego State Aztecs from nearly Day 1. I was Love's biggest proponent here... based on projection and skillset exclusively... which is all either of us still has. His limited (and mediocre) NFL experience has earned me a good deal of ribbing here. No one hopes he does better than me @TPB. To this point, Love is an albatross around my neck.

The Vikings are head and shoulder favorites in the NFC North. Mainly because their playmakers (JJ, Addison, Hockenson). Cousins is the lynchpin in your fairly anemic division. The rest of those QB's are hopes and prayers. We know Goff is below-average and why McVay shipped away... but to be honest, he has at least an NFL resume. Both Vikings and Lions have better OL's than the Packers, too (I'm a big Darrisaw and Ragnow fan... ask anybody here). And the offensive weapons on Lions are also much better than the Packers. Your defense is the only thing that may allow you to chase the Lions for 2nd place... there will be no playoffs for you this season.

When the Chargers were in San Diego, I went to numerous training camp practices (both the UCSD site and the Murphy Canyon facility). If you want a terrific training camp story, go Google "San Diego Chargers Rough & Ready Training Camp". Sid Gillman (still don't know if you've researched him) was a complete character and football guru. Side note: The UCSD training facility can be found along Gillman Drive... As for Costa Mesa... I haven't been yet. I probably won't. Traffic from SD to Costa Mesa ain't pretty. I blame it on all those Midwest transplants... gumming up the roads.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Game plan for November 19th.

3 and 4 WR sets for the San Diego Chargers of Los Angeles. I'll take our 3rd (Quentin Johnson) and 4th (Josh Palmer) receivers vs Eric Stokes and the Pack's 4th defender... every play. But I'd also like to expose their LB's and safeties with our TE's and RB's down the seam and in the flats.

I liked Shemar Jean-Charles (as a development player) in 2022's draft... but I know a lot of you were intrigued with Corey Ballantine's work during the Senior Bowl... I'd be interested in PackerNation's take on who Josh Palmer should abuse on November 19th...

After we're up by 14 points in the 2nd quarter... pin our ears back on defense and harass Love from multiple positions and throw multiple Staley-disguised coverages at him. We'll see if Utah State prepared Jordan for that. Once we're up by 21 points in the 3rd quarter... there will be a fight that breaks out on the Game Day Thread. Half will want boot to the throat... half will scream for health and depth player development.

Definitely a game to try DD in bunch formations and in motion... see if the jet-sweep or bubble screen works against a "decent" defense...
                    By November, we should be able to tell if Ekeler is on schedule to break Johnny Blood McNally's RB receiving touchdown record this year... or next year.

Comment

• PackerNation
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

The biggest thing you're missing about the Chargers' offense has to do with the on-boarding of Kellen Moore
                      I realize because the Chargers hired Moore, that he is now the greatest offensive mind in the history of the game to you. Sorry, but no one is shaking in their cleats when Kellen Moore walks in the stadium.

The Packers beat the Cowboys in 2019 with Kellen Moore as OC. And beat the Cowboys again in 2022 with Kellen Moore as OC.

Yes, the Chargers are so amazing roster wise and have an OC that everyone around the league fears and might as well bow to, because he is such a genius offensively.

Yeah, ok....😌😌

Wake up already🤣

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

I realize because the Chargers hired Moore, that he is now the greatest offensive mind in the history of the game to you. Sorry, but no one is shaking in their cleats when Kellen Moore walks in the stadium.

The Packers beat the Cowboys in 2019 with Kellen Moore as OC. And beat the Cowboys again in 2022 with Kellen Moore as OC.

Yes, the Chargers are so amazing roster wise and have an OC that everyone around the league fears and might as well bow to, because he is such a genius offensively.

Yeah, ok....😌😌

Wake up already🤣

Yeah, I'm sure the 441 passing yards (563 total yards) was probably a big blemish on Kellen's record in 2019.
                        In 2021, the Cowboys had the #1 scoring offense in the NFL.
                        In 2022, the Cowboys out-gained you again (421 total yards). I'm thinking the 5 turnovers in those games... along with the Cowboys inability to stop the run had a lot to do with those particular losses. You'll have explain to me how the 5 interceptions and terrible run defense were Moore's fault.

Even though the Cowboys "regressed" in 2022 all the way to the 4th best offense in the NFL... they were the #1 Redzone offense in the NFL.
                        Maybe it was the 5 games Cooper Rush had to start... maybe it was Moore's fault.
                        Either way... pretty excited that Joe Lombardi (must be great with a name like that) is being replaced.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Yeah, ok....😌😌

Wake up already🤣

Nobody fears the pack anymore either. FYI. They might be the third best team in an average division.

Comment

Working...
                          X