• Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

Firesale in Houston?
    Any talent worth picking off the Texan tree?

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Andre Johnson ain't playing.
      Love that AJ has come out and voiced what, I'm sure,every player in that program is thinking.

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
        Rodgers, the O Line, and coaching so good the Packers did not need Bakhtiari to dominate the Rams today. Rams have arguably the best corner in Ramsey but corners can't defend the run.
        Don't overpay corners and continue to build the front 7 on D. Heyward and Harris should take big paycuts or be gone.
        In consecutive playoff weeks Chase Young and Aaaron Donald have been shut down. The final 8 teams have very good O Lines, and only the Chiefs and maybe the Bucs are loaded at WR/TE.
        This reaffirms my belief O Line is priority 1 after QB in today's NFL.
        Look what happened to the Ravens yesterday, that OL was horrible and did them in.

They let pressure go through all game, stacked on false starts and if that wasn't bad enough the center snapping the ball in all directions (wind was a factor but the bad snaps apparently has been a problem all season) all but guaranteed a bad game.

Weak OL has been the only real constant factor the last decade plus for the Chargers.
        Last edited by MusicMakerInMe; 01-17-2021, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Fix the lines fix our future.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by MusicMakerInMe View Post

Look what happened to the Ravens yesterday, that OL was horrible and did them in.

They let pressure go through all game, stacked on false starts and if that wasn't bad enough the center snapping the ball in all directions (wind was a factor but the bad snaps apparently has been a problem all season) all but guaranteed a bad game.

Weak OL has been the only real constant factor the last decade plus for the Chargers.
            That offensive line rushed for the two highest back-to-back NFL seasons since the 1955 Chicago Bears. That line is missing Ronnie Stanley at LT, and the Center had a shit night, and this is the first year without Marshall Yanda at OG.

The problem the the Ravens have is: They have a spectacular talent at QB. We still don't know if Lamar can read defenses and play from the pocket. Until Lamar's first instinct is to drive the ball downfield with his, instead of pulling it down and running with it, Baltimore is stuck. I thought QB Huntley showed me more from the pocket, than the starter at QB.

Their WR corps is consistently subpar.

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

That offensive line rushed for the two highest back-to-back NFL seasons since the 1955 Chicago Bears. That line is missing Ronnie Stanley at LT, and the Center had a shit night, and this is the first year without Marshall Yanda at OG.

The problem the the Ravens have is: They have a spectacular talent at QB. We still don't know if Lamar can read defenses and play from the pocket. Until Lamar's first instinct is to drive the ball downfield with his, instead of pulling it down and running with it, Baltimore is stuck. I thought QB Huntley showed me more from the pocket, than the starter at QB.

Their WR corps is consistently subpar.
              Lamar isn't Mahomes, Rodgers or Brady level, but he definitely has a lot of games where he's destroyed teams with his arm.

Remember, he has multiple perfect passer games (158.3) as a QB and a high/solid rating on average, so the ability and decision making is there.

I do think with a great weapon at WR and/or a RB who can catch out the backfield his passing numbers would inflate big time.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Lamar isn't Mahomes, Rodgers or Brady level, but he definitely has a lot of games where he's destroyed teams with his arm.

Remember, he has multiple perfect passer games as a QB and a high rating on average, so the ability and decision making is there.

I do think with a great weapon at WR and/or a RB who can catch out the backfield his passing numbers would inflate big time.
                I watched the re-cap and that loss was not entirely on Lamar. Kicker was really bad and the rest of the players played like doo doo too! Offensive line played like a collapsing clamshell on lamar as well. I'm actually thinking that John Harbaugh might eventually be a casualty because he can't go deep into the playoffs. Maybe not this year but if he continues to lose poorly in playoffs he starting to channel his inner Marty.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2020
                  • Oklahoma
                  • Send PM

If Watson sits out a year or retires....When can he come back and sign with another team?

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                    If Watson sits out a year or retires....When can he come back and sign with another team?
                    It happened to Carson Palmer in Cinci. If I was watson I'd play another year and give Houston a year to find a trade partner. If they refuse it's not in their best interests to keep watson on their roster if he wants out of town. Usually Watson would have to find a partner plus maybe give up some of his salary to get a deal done.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

I support Watson’s exodus out of Houston and I believe in player’s exercising leverage etc
                      But I find Watson’s demands a bit disingenuous
                      He took the money immediately after they traded away Hopkins, that should have told you everything you need to know.
                      so now he’s regretting taking the money, I’m sorry, that sets a horrible example. I say big time players should do their due diligence and find their home on their second contract and play it out.
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Remember, he has multiple perfect passer games (158.3) as a QB and a high/solid rating on average, so the ability and decision making is there.

I agree with your take, friend. I marvel at Lamar Jackson's talent, but I want him to use his arm to push the ball down the field, and have Greg Roman go the 'Pass to score, Run to Win' motto. Those hits start to take their toll.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          I support Watson’s exodus out of Houston and I believe in player’s exercising leverage etc
                          But I find Watson’s demands a bit disingenuous
                          He took the money immediately after they traded away Hopkins, that should have told you everything you need to know.
                          so now he’s regretting taking the money, I’m sorry, that sets a horrible example. I say big time players should do their due diligence and find their home on their second contract and play it out.
                          Did you read that article? The reason I'm asking is the answer is in there and it's quite clear. Quite.

Comment

Working...
                          X