• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Agree. I guess it is the pros and cons of getting to the SB. Good for the HC but bad for coordinators trying to move up.
    You never know with owners and these teams feeling like they have to hire somebody NOW! in the offseason to get started

Whether its Bieniemy or another coach - if he was really really good in the interview - he would be worth the wait. I just think it would be short sighted for a team to not wait for the RIGHT guy.

Oh yeah, we had Michael Jordan in here but you know, that pesky Super Bowl cost us two weeks so we signed (name a good player, maybe an All star but not Jordan)

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Looks like Pep is the Texans QB coach.

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        Too bad Deshaun is leaving.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

But who is the QB?

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Wow. Poor Pep. Does a great job with maybe the best rookie QB of all time, under crazy circumstances and not only does he not get a promotion he has to scrape around for a lateral job with a lousy, messed up team. What do the NFL teams know that we don't?

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Also, regarding the compensatory 3rd round picks for minority coaches, I don't think its fair that the most recent team, who may have had the least to do with the development of the coach, gets the picks. Why not go back and give a bonus check to every coach that the new head coach served under in the NFL? That would better incent a grass roots pipeline of diverse coaches and it would not reward the greedy owners for doing something they should be doing anyway. And the greedy owners should have to fund the kitty for the bonus checks.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Poor Pep. At least he got a job i guess.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  Wow. Poor Pep. Does a great job with maybe the best rookie QB of all time, under crazy circumstances and not only does he not get a promotion he has to scrape around for a lateral job with a lousy, messed up team. What do the NFL teams know that we don't?

TG
                  Consider me surprised by not only the lateral move but going to the Texans where their qb situation is up in the air.
                  Pep not even retained here as the qb coach tells me there wasn’t interest from Staley.
                  meanwhile Coach smith has earned his keep.
                  weird.
                  If I were the Broncos I’d have bring Pep in for a look
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    Also, regarding the compensatory 3rd round picks for minority coaches, I don't think its fair that the most recent team, who may have had the least to do with the development of the coach, gets the picks. Why not go back and give a bonus check to every coach that the new head coach served under in the NFL? That would better incent a grass roots pipeline of diverse coaches and it would not reward the greedy owners for doing something they should be doing anyway. And the greedy owners should have to fund the kitty for the bonus checks.

TG
                    Or, maybe still give that 3rd round comp pick to the new team getting the minority hire, and give a 5th round comp pick to the team losing him...

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The Texans were the first to fire a Head Coach, and was the last to hire a Head Coach. David Culley, 65, has never had a coordinator role, and this is his first shot as HC. Obviously a very experienced assistant, but it kind of feels like an uninspired pick, but maybe a place holder for Josh McCown. Already Watson has requested a trade.

Just goes to show you, you can have a lot of time searching for a coach, but the situation a team is in makes it a lot easier to get the better candidates, or makes it very hard, at least superficially.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        The Texans were the first to fire a Head Coach, and was the last to hire a Head Coach. David Culley, 65, has never had a coordinator role, and this is his first shot as HC. Obviously a very experienced assistant, but it kind of feels like an uninspired pick, but maybe a place holder for Josh McCown. Already Watson has requested a trade.

Just goes to show you, you can have a lot of time searching for a coach, but the situation a team is in makes it a lot easier to get the better candidates, or makes it very hard, at least superficially.
                        To be fair, the Texans situation is also unique because they’re being run by essentially Joel Osteen aka Jack Easterby.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Consider me surprised by not only the lateral move but going to the Texans where their qb situation is up in the air.
                          Pep not even retained here as the qb coach tells me there wasn’t interest from Staley.
                          meanwhile Coach smith has earned his keep.
                          weird.
                          If I were the Broncos I’d have bring Pep in for a look
                          A lot of people on this board wanted Spanos to not meddle and let the HC pick his staff. And they got their wish. I’m glad even though I’ll miss Pep as QB coach.

Comment

Working...
                          X