• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    anyone else a little annoyed with these franchises that refuse to draft and develop their own QB?
    call me old school but I hate SF (for several other reasons) for buying JG and now wanting to buy Stafford or god forbid, Watson!?!
    no it's not against the rules, it's fair and all, but it's annoying to me.
    GO find your own guy, develop him, invest in him and then come to play.
    would I be saying that is Tyrod was an MVP? no, but we're also not continually going into FA after every failed QB project

i'm talking to you Indy also
    The Colts did have their QB of the future - he just realized he didn't want his body to get beaten up so he chose to retire early.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

anyone else a little annoyed with these franchises that refuse to draft and develop their own QB?
      call me old school but I hate SF (for several other reasons) for buying JG and now wanting to buy Stafford or god forbid, Watson!?!
      would I be saying that is Tyrod was an MVP? no, but we're also not continually going into FA after every failed QB project

Id be happy with a SB win. No matter how we got it.

Its the only reason why Elway has a SB as a GM because of Manning and when he left, he has been just awful picking QBs which is strange since he was one of the best ones ever. He finally gave up and hired someone lse to do his job lol. And im sad about that.

If we didnt get the right QB with Herbert you damn well know we would be clamoring for us to get one of these vets for our team so i dont have a problem with it.

SF can draft a QB as they pick close enough but imo after Lawrence and Fields, the QB class is so questionable for a franchise type. I dont see any value in using a first rounder on Lance , Wilson id be skeptical about and Mac Jones is a question mark though id prefer him to Lance an Wilson.

Id rather go with a vet as well if they are available. Hec id trade for Darnold rather than draft one of those other three guys i mentioned .

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Before Herbert/Rivers/Brees, we had Stan the Man. So whatever it takes. We’re just lucky we don’t have to be part of this craziness right now.

Comment

• Tol
          From Accounting
          • Mar 2019
          • Carlsbad
          • Send PM

Kansas City went years and years without ever drafting a franchise QB. Montana, Grbac, Trent Green, Matt Cassel, Alex Smith. Now they have a drafted franchise QB in Mahomes. Careful what you wish for.

Denver on the other hand sucks at drafting and developing their own franchise QB.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

download.jpeg

Son of The Talent Evaluator. Yeah, baby.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

The Son of The Lord of No RIngs. Even though I hated it when that reporter called him that, I always admired that it WAS pretty funny.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just don't know how the Rams have enough to get A A Ron or Deshaun. I mean the cap hit for moving Goff would not be insignificant. I think its 20m - well maybe they June 1.
                But the Rams do not have the assets

The Niners make sense for Rodgers - if he truly is on the market,.

I heard today the Niners were now ahead of the Colts - per Vegas - for STafford

I think the Cardinals should be calling the Texans, Kyler Murray and picks for DeShaun.
                Cowboys seem like a great fit for Rodgers.
                Watson is too inconsistent for me to spend big on him.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

Herbert to HOU for Watson and JJ ?

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Ok, so I watched the introductory presser for Houston’s new coach. A 65 year old, career assistant, never a Head Coach or Coordinator new head coach. And I watched Nick Casario, the new GM who looks like a thuggy version of Herman Munster (sorry young guys, you can google him). Wow are we lucky. Culley just seems elated to have a job. Any job. And Casario looks like he should be walking the docks, collecting loans. That is one doomed franchise, friends. We are very, very lucky to have the owners and front office and head coach we have compared to that mess.

And I guess there really IS something wrong with Eric Bienemy. This guy has never called plays or even been a coordinator in name only and he got picked over Bienemy. And he is a person of color, so it is not because of Bienemy’s race. Maybe we can finally stop reading about how racist the NFL is for not giving Eric a HC job?

TG

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      Ok, so I watched the introductory presser for Houston’s new coach. A 65 year old, career assistant, never a Head Coach or Coordinator new head coach. And I watched Nick Casario, the new GM who looks like a thuggy version of Herman Munster (sorry young guys, you can google him). Wow are we lucky. Culley just seems elated to have a job. Any job. And Casario looks like he should be walking the docks, collecting loans. That is one doomed franchise, friends. We are very, very lucky to have the owners and front office and head coach we have compared to that mess.

And I guess there really IS something wrong with Eric Bienemy. This guy has never called plays or even been a coordinator in name only and he got picked over Bienemy. And he is a person of color, so it is not because of Bienemy’s race. Maybe we can finally stop reading about how racist the NFL is for not giving Eric a HC job?

TG
                      With regard to Bieniemy: It has to be he interviews poorly &/or they don't like his past. . He must not be doing something right during the interview process

I saw a little of Sirianni - he was not very polished in his introductory press conference.

As for Culley: brining in Lovie and Pep - two pretty solid coaches. He probably has a good idea of what people he wants on his staff with his years of knowledge and contracts.

More and more - I like Staley

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

PS. Culley was the WR coach in KC the year they set an NFL record for not having any TDs by a WR.

Ok, I’ll stop.

Bienemy must just be awful.

TG

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Cowboys seem like a great fit for Rodgers.
                          Watson is too inconsistent for me to spend big on him.
                          I dont think Rodgers is going anywhere. He doesn't think so either after listening to him on Pat McAfee's show on Tuesday.

Dallas and what they will do at QB is interesting as they dont have to spend 35 mil a year or so on Dak if they dont want to. He was having a great year though til he got hurt.

Comment

Working...
                          X