• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Definitely. They are not trading for a QB. Im just not sold on the guy. I was coming out though. Way off on that one. Who knows maybe he pulls it out.
    I'm not sure Tua even starts this year. The Dolphins did sign Bridgewater, not that he is a gunslinger type who will take advantage of a receiver like Hill. But it wouldn't be hard to pull ahead of Tua.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Doesn't it feel like Hill is shooting himself in the foot? He's leaving a team and a QB who are in position to be SB contenders for quite some time, for a team with a big question mark at QB, a dubiously run franchise whose ownership is under a cloud, and for what, a few extra million? The Chiefs would have rewarded Hill with a fat contract worth enough money for Hill to live lavishly for the rest of his life. But for these guys, pro athletes, so many of them, what they're seeking transcends the actual $$$, it's about the perceived respect they get that comes with an elite contract. The contract the Raiders gave Davante Adams raised the bar for contracts, so that drives Hill and his representation to seek even more, not just for money, but for status. But at what expense? At the end of his career, when Hill has more money than he can spend in a lifetime, what is going to be more important to him - the extra few mil he got by forcing a trade to an inferior team, or the rings he doesn't have but possibly could have gotten by staying with the Chiefs?
      devontae adams lives in Las Vegas in the offseason and he’s friends with Car

Tyreeks hill lives in miami in the offseason

both of them are going home but hill won’t be paying any state taxes so that’s an extra bump on his pay.
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The Miami has made a lot of moves and free agency but they do still have Tua as their quarterback. And I'm sure Hill doesn't care anyway.
        He's getting his money and that's all he seemed to care about
        It’s amazing more players aren’t straight cold like that, especially the way owners and most fans see them…this is why I never criticize a player for getting his money, they’re the ones that have to deal with all the medical issues and pain once their careers are over, it’s a life sentence even for the most mentally tough guys…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

That’s essentially an entire draft for one player. Damn. Great trade by KC.
          IDK, as much as I disliked tyreek hill from things I’ve read about him and his taunting antics on the field, he is a unique and dangerous weapon on the field that the chiefs are going to miss dearly. The pressure is now on them to execute those picks in a way that fills that huge void. I’m not sure it’s going to happen.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Tyreek not re-doing his contract last off season was a harbinger of this. And he always feels like a ticking timebomb to me off the field. So the Chiefs probably did the right thing. Very glad he is out of our division finally!

TG
            the fact that you’re glad he’s out of the division tells me what you really think…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

They got better three - four years from now.
              Where is the Chief's window right now?...

I agree, and their ability to pull off crazy drives with almost no time on the clock has been greatly diminished, hill opened up a lot of stuff for a lot of people…

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

It’s amazing more players aren’t straight cold like that, especially the way owners and most fans see them…this is why I never criticize a player for getting his money, they’re the ones that have to deal with all the medical issues and pain once their careers are over, it’s a life sentence even for the most mentally tough guys…
                True this.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

That occurs to me every time I play golf and I’m not even getting paid.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                    Tyreek Hill …..Teams caught on to how to defend him..
                    LOL….Yeah, they double and triple team him. He can’t be defended otherwise. He is more dangerous than any WR in the NFL and defending the Chiefs just got easier.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'm not sure Tua even starts this year. The Dolphins did sign Bridgewater, not that he is a gunslinger type who will take advantage of a receiver like Hill. But it wouldn't be hard to pull ahead of Tua.
                      Miami didn't go all in, handing out massive contracts in the last couple days for the benefit of Bilgewater.
                      Tua will have to impregnate the owners daughter to be sent to the bench.

They just got rid of a head coach for publicly making it known that he opposed selecting Tua over Herbert.

This is all about a GM massively trying to save face and breathe life into a bad choice.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Pick
                        Kansas City Chiefs
                        (via 49ers through Dolphins)
                        Christian WatsonTyreek Hill is now in South Beach. So why not bring in a guy who ran a 4.36-second 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine? Watson is a great route runner who can stretch the field and a playmaker with the ability to contribute in many ways.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                          Pick
                          Kansas City Chiefs
                          (via 49ers through Dolphins)
                          Christian WatsonTyreek Hill is now in South Beach. So why not bring in a guy who ran a 4.36-second 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine? Watson is a great route runner who can stretch the field and a playmaker with the ability to contribute in many ways.
                          Fastest receiver on team is rarely the best receiver. Keenan Allen clocked a 4.71 40 yard dash and look at his career.

Comment

Working...
                          X