• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SYB
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

The negativity was too much during this pathetic season we just endured. And when I made an attempt to return, I stumbled onto the political shit show in the Rivers thread and took another break. But combine, free agency and draft season always gets me fired up on football. And TT making solid early moves seems to have the natives happy. For now at least.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post
      The negativity was too much during this pathetic season we just endured. And when I made an attempt to return, I stumbled onto the political shit show in the Rivers thread and took another break. But combine, free agency and draft season always gets me fired up on football. And TT making solid early moves seems to have the natives happy. For now at least.
      Interesting. I never even saw anything political on the main forum. I dont allow that. Im surprised it got passed me. Report that shit next time. Sorry man.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Disappointment on the field, disappointment off. Welcome to New York Jets football.

Defensive lineman Quinnen Williams was arrested for criminal possession of a weapon on Thursday night at LaGuardia Airport in New York. The 22-year-old was allegedly carrying a Glock 19 in his carry-on bag while attempting to board a flight to his home state of Alabama.

Police noted that Williams possesses a concealed weapons permit from Alabama (where he attended college), but he doesn’t have one for the state of New York. There’s no word on if the gun was loaded.

The lineman, a no. 3 pick by the Jets in 2019 whose rookie season was marred by injury and general ineffectiveness (and some admittedly charming quotes), is due in court on March 25. The Jets organization issued a brief statement noting they are “aware of the matter.”

The news comes just days after former Jets lineman Muhammad Wilkerson was arrested on his second impaired driving charge.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

2015-2019 Dodge Charger Scat Pack - Pro-Alignment Kit (Camber Bushings Rear - Camber +/-1.5 Degrees)

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

MARCUS MARIOTAQB, TENNESSEE TITANS
          NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the Raiders are interested in Marcus Mariota.

Garafolo added, "They are more likely to go after a veteran 1B backup like Mariota than Brady." This is basically what the Titans did in 2019 by adding Ryan Tannehill to (briefly) back up Mariota. Derek Carr set career-high marks in most statistics in 2019 and is a good QB when everything is perfect, which has resulted in the Raiders regularly ranking among the league's highest spenders on the offensive line. And yet: Carr has ranked 30th, 33rd, 16th, 29th, 21st and 26th in deep-ball rate over the last six seasons. It remains to be seen if Mariota can get more out of the Raiders offense, but clearly coach Jon Gruden and company are getting tired of the Carr experience.
          Lol, the Raiders are linked to every QB so far and damn near every free agent.
          I'm Telling ya, Carr isn't going anywhere.
          Gotta love liars month.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

I have zero interest in Mariota. HopIng TT has the same.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
              I don't have zero interest, but I don't have a lot either. At his best, he may be an upgrade over Tyrod. But just maybe.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Less than zero

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Who's Mariota...?:shifty:
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Less than zero
                    This. Interest in the negative.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

At best a stop gap back up. I kind of am on the Herbert bandwagon now, or Tua. Get your QB on a rookie contract - and you have plenty of money to spend in free agency on OL. Granted, if Simmons is the pick , I won't hate that.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

So if Tyrod is the starter, are we comfortable with Stick as the backup or do we need a veteran FA to fill that spot?
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          So if Tyrod is the starter, are we comfortable with Stick as the backup or do we need a veteran FA to fill that spot?
                          If Tyrod is the starter, my hope is that there's a rookie backing him up. They're gonna have to take their lumps and work towards a future instead of recycling other teams cast offs if they ever want to get relevant again. I've really been warming up to the idea of drafting Hurts in the 2nd, or a moving back into the end of the 1st, and letting Tyrod hold the spot until Jalen's ready to step in.

Comment

Working...
                          X