• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Mariota can’t push a shopping cart downhill. No.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

What makes you think that Lynn believes Tyrod needs to be pushed? Lynn thinks he is the real deal.
      I don't know what Lynn thinks. I think Tyrod, or well … anybody needs to be pushed.

When you look at FA, the draft and just general roster moves, when you simply hand players starting jobs, the results are very uneven.

When you make 2 players fight it out for a starting job, by allowing them to compete, more often than not, one of them stands out as the winner. Not always, but usually. And you may eventually need to continue the upgrades, but at least there is progress.

Tyrod Taylor was a solid but completely uninspiring QB in Buffalo, and lost out to Mayfield in Cleveland. I don't see any way that he is going to perform at a high enough level for the team to be successful, unless successful is defined by something other than winning football games (like sucking for Lawrence). Maybe it is just me.

Taylor is probably only going to throw a handful of int but will likely lead the league in 3 and outs and/or some combination of shortest drives and fewest explosive plays in the passing game. he will make up for some of that with adding some plays in the running game, but there is no way he is going to replace the production we missed last year, which was inadequate, let alone improve on it.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Interesting that Leaf has McDonald ranked higher than Hurts. McDonald is kind of streaky...has the size and tools, but looks to be a project...
        Interesting that Leaf thinks so highly of himself... still.

I know he’s supposed to be a hero or some kind of victim but he’s still blaming the organization for his foul-up. Pretty pathetic imo especially for a guy claiming to have taken responsibility for his actions.

lots of resentment left.

the most noble thing he could have done was to disappear from public view imo
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Considering the “kind of offense AL is looking for” Mariota makes a lot of sense.
          not only to push Taylor which I agree is absolutely necessary
          I think it would be easy to tell in just one preseason if MM is a different qb in our new system or not.
          I wouldn’t be surprised to see him look the same but I wouldn’t be shocked if he suddenly flourish in a more modern offense and push Taylor for qb1.

id feel comfortable staying at 6 and going none qb unless Tua happens to fall.
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            Mariota can’t push a shopping cart downhill. No.
            LOL...not sure that is accurate or fair...but it is funny....
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              Considering the “kind of offense AL is looking for” Mariota makes a lot of sense.
              not only to push Taylor which I agree is absolutely necessary
              I think it would be easy to tell in just one preseason if MM is a different qb in our new system or not.
              I wouldn’t be surprised to see him look the same but I wouldn’t be shocked if he suddenly flourish in a more modern offense and push Taylor for qb1.

id feel comfortable staying at 6 and going none qb unless Tua happens to fall.
              I have been making myself comfortable with this idea, as I would not be shocked if TT is gonna give Lynn one year with Tyrod, and to run the offense his way. Me? I think if you are picking at 6, you get a QB...I like Herbert there, or even trading up while we can afford to, and getting Tua, if that is who they like...but if we don't, the consolation is that we get a shot at really fleshing out this roster, if TT can nail the draft. There is also the possibility that Lynn and TT really like a guy like Hurts, and are gonna go QB later...or maybe they want to fill out the roster some, and go ape shit trading up in next years draft for a QB...sorta the cherry on top of the whole mess...

So I'm gonna go into this with an open mind as to how we approach this draft...though I may refine/focus my predictions and expectations after we get through FA.

Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I have been making myself comfortable with this idea, as I would not be shocked if TT is gonna give Lynn one year with Tyrod, and to run the offense his way. Me? I think if you are picking at 6, you get a QB...I like Herbert there, or even trading up while we can afford to, and getting Tua, if that is who they like...but if we don't, the consolation is that we get a shot at really fleshing out this roster, if TT can nail the draft. There is also the possibility that Lynn and TT really like a guy like Hurts, and are gonna go QB later...or maybe they want to fill out the roster some, and go ape shit trading up in next years draft for a QB...sorta the cherry on top of the whole mess...

So I'm gonna go into this with an open mind as to how we approach this draft...though I may refine/focus my predictions and expectations after we get through FA.
                There is great accuracy and minimal picks with Tua.

We would have to give WAS a shitload of draft picks.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Interesting that Leaf thinks so highly of himself... still.

I know he’s supposed to be a hero or some kind of victim but he’s still blaming the organization for his foul-up. Pretty pathetic imo especially for a guy claiming to have taken responsibility for his actions.

lots of resentment left.

the most noble thing he could have done was to disappear from public view imo
                  I don’t know he’s any kind of hero or victim. Interesting that you completely and automatically dismiss the possibility that he’s just telling it true to the actual facts. i don’t hear him blame anyone except himself. I’ve heard him talk a dozen times (not counting football game casts) and I haven’t heard him blame others beyond himself. its not like the avg fan suffered more than he did himself. He did disappear - he went to jail. That good enough for ya? He also worked for years as a QB coach for almost free. He’s done list of sessions talking to kids about how he went wrong. He’s done his penance, its time to finally get off his neck.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t know he’s any kind of hero or victim. Interesting that you completely and automatically dismiss the possibility that he’s just telling it true to the actual facts. i don’t hear him blame anyone except himself. I’ve heard him talk a dozen times (not counting football game casts) and I haven’t heard him blame others beyond himself. its not like the avg fan suffered more than he did himself. He did disappear - he went to jail. That good enough for ya? He also worked for years as a QB coach for almost free. He’s done list of sessions talking to kids about how he went wrong. He’s done his penance, its time to finally get off his neck.
                    Despite his downfalls, there is something honorable in this. Lord knows I squandered my opportunities. You can't unring a bell. All I can do now is try & teach my kids what roads NOT to take. I've been down them. They don't lead to good things. My peace is, if I had to go through Hell so that they don't then I did my job.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Despite his downfalls, there is something honorable in this. Lord knows I squandered my opportunities. You can't unring a bell. All I can do now is try & teach my kids what roads NOT to take. I've been down them. They don't lead to good things. My peace is, if I had to go through Hell so that they don't then I did my job.
                      QFT. Amen. He rode a very long ugly road. he spent decades climbing back. I’ve heard his full story, I’m satisfied enough to let go of his past debts as paid in full.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I don't know what Lynn thinks. I think Tyrod, or well … anybody needs to be pushed.

When you look at FA, the draft and just general roster moves, when you simply hand players starting jobs, the results are very uneven.

When you make 2 players fight it out for a starting job, by allowing them to compete, more often than not, one of them stands out as the winner. Not always, but usually. And you may eventually need to continue the upgrades, but at least there is progress.

Tyrod Taylor was a solid but completely uninspiring QB in Buffalo, and lost out to Mayfield in Cleveland. I don't see any way that he is going to perform at a high enough level for the team to be successful, unless successful is defined by something other than winning football games (like sucking for Lawrence). Maybe it is just me.

Taylor is probably only going to throw a handful of int but will likely lead the league in 3 and outs and/or some combination of shortest drives and fewest explosive plays in the passing game. he will make up for some of that with adding some plays in the running game, but there is no way he is going to replace the production we missed last year, which was inadequate, let alone improve on it.
                        I get that but what if they draft a rookie in the first or second round? Tyrod is the slated starter there as well.

I don't think we are going to have a very good season this year unless they really fix the OL and we have a very good running game and Tyrod just don't mess it up. If the running game is mediocre, another losing season. Probably more of the same ....5-11 or worse.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

put me in the column that thinks this org had a fair bit to do w/Leaf's downfall.

starting w/Kevin Gilbride who was no help, and then Jr. calling him "big baby" or something of the sort as perhaps he felt threatened by a new top dog @QB ??

and then the preseason game against KC in the rain.... his development was mishandled/just handled poorly, and....

granted he didn't come into the League w/a Weddle or Brees type mindset, nor w/their discipline, and.... not many do.
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X