• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Lynn is the OC, not the HC...right?
    But, Lynn DOES have some influence, right?

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

But, Lynn DOES have some influence, right?
      Yeah but do you think he wants to use any influence on a kicker that could help get him fired from a second job?

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Funk. Funk. Funk.

Jake Funk made the Rams 53. I would have loved to see him here.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Yeah but do you think he wants to use any influence on a kicker that could help get him fired from a second job?
          I'm fine with Vizcaino being the PK, but I wouldn't have been upset if Badgley had retained the job.

Badge was a victim of the 2020 special teams clusterfuque at LEAST as much as he was a causal agent. I suspect he could be just FINE as a PK in a stable situation, and that 'stable situation' could have been with the Bolts in 2021.

So now, I'm a fan of Vizcaino until he gives me a reason not to be. As I said elsewhere, Viz can be counted on for a high percentage of touchbacks, and that's a VERY positive thing for a team that has for YEARS has had special teams tackling issues.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Ex-Colts and Ohio State quarterback Art Schlichter, 61, released from prison, living in Ohio on parole

Dana Hunsinger Benbow, Indianapolis Star
            Wed, September 1, 2021, 3:16 AM
            INDIANAPOLIS -- After a run of prison sentences that spanned two decades -- brought on by a gambling addiction that led to financial fraud, theft and shattered an NFL dream -- former Colts quarterback Art Schlichter has been released from prison.

Court records show Schlichter, 61, became eligible for parole June 13 and was released from the Trumbull Correctional Institution in Leavittsburg, Ohio, the next day. He was serving time for federal fraud charges related to a massive ticket scheme that bilked millions of dollars from his victims.

Schlichter's status is listed by the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation & Correction as "APA Supervision" for the next five years. That means Schlichter will be supervised by the Adult Parole Authority in Ohio, responsible for adult felony offenders returning to the community.

As part of his parole, Schlichter was required to sign a contract agreeing to a number of rules, including not to own guns, use illegal drugs or leave the state without notifying his parole officer. There was nothing in the contract stating that Schlichter cannot gamble.

"My advice to anyone coming upon Mr. Schlichter is that they not engage in any business transactions or any purchases or any other transactions that would involve giving him any money," said Ron O'Brien, former Franklin (Ohio) County prosecutor who fought to keep Schlichter in prison.

"(He) is a career criminal engaged in fraud as a career," O'Brien said. "He just cannot help himself. He will do this the rest of his life."

Schlichter's attorney Stephen Palmer did not respond to IndyStar requests Tuesday.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              Ex-Colts and Ohio State quarterback Art Schlichter, 61, released from prison, living in Ohio on parole

Dana Hunsinger Benbow, Indianapolis Star
              Wed, September 1, 2021, 3:16 AM
              INDIANAPOLIS -- After a run of prison sentences that spanned two decades -- brought on by a gambling addiction that led to financial fraud, theft and shattered an NFL dream -- former Colts quarterback Art Schlichter has been released from prison.

Court records show Schlichter, 61, became eligible for parole June 13 and was released from the Trumbull Correctional Institution in Leavittsburg, Ohio, the next day. He was serving time for federal fraud charges related to a massive ticket scheme that bilked millions of dollars from his victims.

Schlichter's status is listed by the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation & Correction as "APA Supervision" for the next five years. That means Schlichter will be supervised by the Adult Parole Authority in Ohio, responsible for adult felony offenders returning to the community.

As part of his parole, Schlichter was required to sign a contract agreeing to a number of rules, including not to own guns, use illegal drugs or leave the state without notifying his parole officer. There was nothing in the contract stating that Schlichter cannot gamble.

"My advice to anyone coming upon Mr. Schlichter is that they not engage in any business transactions or any purchases or any other transactions that would involve giving him any money," said Ron O'Brien, former Franklin (Ohio) County prosecutor who fought to keep Schlichter in prison.

"(He) is a career criminal engaged in fraud as a career," O'Brien said. "He just cannot help himself. He will do this the rest of his life."

Schlichter's attorney Stephen Palmer did not respond to IndyStar requests Tuesday.
              Schlichter is one of the most tragic cautionary tales there is. Addicted to gambling as bad as you've ever seen anyone addicted to ANYthing.

And then constant, massive amounts of fraud and deceit to pay off debts to avoid having his legs broken, etc. Like I said-- tragic.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I’m happy to see him out of prison. He’s paid his debt. Just a sad tale of a guy who had everything and it wasn’t enough.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  Funk. Funk. Funk.

Jake Funk made the Rams 53. I would have loved to see him here.
                  Would have cured our PR/KR issues and made many people happy by probably getting J. Kelley cut and TBilly retained.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I'm fine with Vizcaino being the PK, but I wouldn't have been upset if Badgley had retained the job.

Badge was a victim of the 2020 special teams clusterfuque at LEAST as much as he was a causal agent. I suspect he could be just FINE as a PK in a stable situation, and that 'stable situation' could have been with the Bolts in 2021.

So now, I'm a fan of Vizcaino until he gives me a reason not to be. As I said elsewhere, Viz can be counted on for a high percentage of touchbacks, and that's a VERY positive thing for a team that has for YEARS has had special teams tackling issues.
                    He struggled with fg and XP two years in a row. He is also a liability on kickoffs. I am fine with him being released.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Also I didn’t know he was a long time Chargers fan. Now we have three on roster.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

He struggled with fg and XP two years in a row. He is also a liability on kickoffs. I am fine with him being released.
                        He doesnt quite have a pro leg. Even his first year he came in as a emergency replacement and he was making kicks, they were wobbly warbling weird looking kicks that just somehow went thru - like you couldn’t really trust the run would last. Alas, he kept making those weird twisting turning kicks and we all started to believe. But it didnt last, he got worse each year and his PKs lack consistent form.

Plus he can’t kick in the end zone and he’s weak outside of 45. What used to be enough is not in 2021.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Also I didn’t know he was a long time Chargers fan. Now we have three on roster.
                          The other two are Scott Quessenberry and Justin Herbert?

Comment

Working...
                          X