• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

We cannot spend the 6th pick in the draft on a right tackle, when we dont have an elite QB....... after you have an elite QB, then you can spend all you picks to protect him and add weapons....
    you are spending paragraphs upon paragraphs in hopes of a QB that is most assuredly going No. 1 overall, unless there is a secret formula that you have yet to reveal that would procure such a talent, and.... option (Q)B is for Verrett 2.0

who would of course get as much mention after the fact as your heralding of Solomon Thomas to the 49ers....

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

and so Charge! in the one can only assume in your case unlikely scenario that we are somehow unlikely to snag one of the only two legit QBs in this draft.... what do you do then ??

OT, WIL, DT, WR, or... ?? and do you have thoughts for the rest of your draft picks ?? and how do you spend your FA dollars ??

and if its not too much to ask.... no (vague) generalities.... name names p!s
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• pigskin
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Southern Oregon
        • Send PM

SF trading Buckner to INDY for a 1st round pick. No word if it is this years 1st.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post
          SF trading Buckner to INDY for a 1st round pick. No word if it is this years 1st.
          That's a mighty big contract to pick up, can they still afford Rivers?

Comment

• pigskin
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Southern Oregon
            • Send PM

Dolphins LB Shaq Lawson, OL Ereck Flowers

Turds - LB Nick Kwiatkowski

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
              and so Charge! in the one can only assume in your case unlikely scenario that we are somehow unlikely to snag one of the only two legit QBs in this draft.... what do you do then ??

OT, WIL, DT, WR, or... ?? and do you have thoughts for the rest of your draft picks ?? and how do you spend your FA dollars ??

and if its not too much to ask.... no (vague) generalities.... name names p!s
              lol.... 49ers just traded buckner to colts for the 14th pick..... assuming Spanos does not want to pay Bosa..... i trade Bosa to 49ers for their 2 first round picks than I send all 3 first rounders to CIN for Burrow...... so there are options... =)

I'm rebuilding the OL in FA..... im not signing Brady, Bridgewater, mariota, or Winston..... so if I fail to get Burrow or Tua, then Im drafting BPA, which might be Simmons, Okuda, or the DT Brown..... the other QB's are not worth trading up for or back into first round for so if they drop to second, may have to take a flier on them, or wait till 3rd round and grab Hurts..... or just go BPA east of draft and pray we suck enough next year to get a QB.....

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The market for David Johnson was taking half of his salary and a low round pick.

the market for DeAndre Hopkins was like a 2nd and 4th or something.

OBrien lost both sides to the trade. He is an idiot
                There are worse GMs out there than TT lol.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

That's a mighty big contract to pick up, can they still afford Rivers?
                  49ers just traded buckner to colts for the 14th pick..... assuming Spanos does not want to pay Bosa..... i trade Bosa to 49ers for their 2 first round picks than I send all 3 first rounders to CIN for Burrow...... basically Bosa for Burrow...... =)

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

lol...... I dont just want a future HOF QB on the Chargers or I would be all over having Brady join the Chargers........

Since we are rebuilding, I want a young talented rookie QB who is an elite, accurate passer as well as having at least some mobility...... I want the Chargers to have one for at least the next 10-15 years or more......

There are ONLY 2 players in this draft that have elite qualities, including leadership, and playing big time in the big games and clutch situations...... and they are Burrow and Tua.......

Hebert and Love as well as all the other QB's in this draft are not in the same league when it comes to accuracy, quick release, and great decision making.....

I am willing to trade up to get either of them...... if a bad organization stupidly talks themselves into liking Love or Hebert more than Tua or Burrow, then one of them could drop to Chargers but that is not likely especially because there are at least a dozen teams looking to add their QB of the future...... even the teams that sign Brady or Rivers will want a young guy to take over in a year or 2 ......

I would trade players and/or picks...... whatever it takes to get to one of the top 2 spots...... in my mind everyone on the Chargers is available except Bosa and James....... Unless Spanos has already told the GM that they refuse to pay Bosa a $100+ million contract.....my goal as GM would be to acquire Burrow or Tua, build the team around their talents, and sign Bosa for a big long term deal and then later on let Bosa go when I have to pay big QB money..... I also will do everything I can to acquire OL and defense help in FA and via trades ..... as long as the player is an upgrade to the crap that is currently on the team....

We cannot spend the 6th pick in the draft on a right tackle, when we dont have an elite QB....... after you have an elite QB, then you can spend all you picks to protect him and add weapons....

I was right when I predicted the 3 future HOF QB's in 1983 and 2004...... ive been right most of the time when I have said certain QB's who were not great in college were not going to be great in NFL.....

I'll repeat again that if colts sign Rivers they will win that division and advance in playoffs ...... and Chargers fans will miss Rivers badly,,,,, especially if we are stuck with Taylor or bridgewater at QB.....
                    So, in your opinion, are Herbert, Love, etc more equivalent to Todd Blackledge, Tony Eason, Kenny O’Brien?
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

basically Bosa for Burrow...... =)
                      or don't you rather mean Bosa + our future ten year franchise HoF (cuz eye know you wouldn't want us to draft anything less) LT = Bayou Jeaux

ps. how do you rank the top tackles in this draft ??

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...