• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Conklin, Glasgow...hope the Trent rumor is true.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      Might be the extension part of the trade that is holding things up. If Trent sees Conklin getting 14 and Glasgow 10 (and I get they are RT and OG/OC) - he might be wanting a certain APY value for the contact.

The Buckner deal was two parts - the trade and the extension.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

The 4 free agents I was hoping they went after.

Henry-TE (franchised him) Yes

Thuney-LG ( Pats franchised him) No

Conklin-OT (Browns have a deal for him) No

TB12-QB......maybe?
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

What rumor? If we have to blow a high pick on an olineman, we can get a nice young one, cheap. Not a broken down, oft injured, older prospect we then have to pay big bucks to. No logic here. I call rumor bullshit.
          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Classic
            Hall Of Fame
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

What rumor? If we have to blow a high pick on an olineman, we can get a nice young one, cheap. Not a broken down, oft injured, older prospect we then have to pay big bucks to. No logic here. I call rumor bullshit.
            You think the Redskins are asking for #6? Or do you think a 2nd round pick is too steep? Redskins are crazy to ask for that much and Tom would be a fool. However if we can get Trent on player for player swap that would ideal imo

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

You think the Redskins are asking for #6? Or do you think a 2nd round pick is too steep? Redskins are crazy to ask for that much and Tom would be a fool. However if we can get Trent on player for player swap that would ideal imo
              This could be a great draft for us...we don't want to be trading anything greater than a 4th rounder...and I'm skeptical at that. WRs and RBs, both needs IMO, can be had in 2nd 3rd and 4th rounds, among other players we need...oline, IDL, CB...

If we blow a pick on an aging tackle, and blow a bunch of money on him and Brady...what a fucking disaster.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I would prefer we just keep building the roster, no Trent for picks and no Brady, sure. But I can see how the FO would like the benefit of a player like Trent right now (even with no Brady lol) for this team. Especially for a lower pick as it frees up #6 - Trent plus Simmons is not a bad thing if the rest of the draft, less say our 3rd, pan out. Wirfs or Becton, yes, but then no premier D player, draft or FA cuz who??

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

I would prefer we just keep building the roster, no Trent for picks and no Brady, sure. But I can see how the FO would like the benefit of a player like Trent right now (even with no Brady lol) for this team. Especially for a lower pick as it frees up #6 - Trent plus Simmons is not a bad thing if the rest of the draft, less say our 3rd, pan out. Wirfs or Becton, yes, but then no premier D player, draft or FA cuz who??
                    If the Chargers were to trade for Trent Williams; sign a player like Trufant and maybe even Linval since Trent is going to take some part of the cap - you combine that with losing Rivers and possibly Gordon in Free Agency - you are finally winning the comp game.

Meaning - you can go to Washington and offer say a 3 this year and a 2 next year knowing you are probably getting a comp pick for Rivers. Even if you sign somebody - probably will be offset by Gordon. Got to start playing this game.

Washington just signed an OG - maybe we can throw in Tevi, Scott or Lamp to add to the pie :chuckle:

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Send PM

Every fucking year, it's the same thing. Watching Free agents that could solve problems on this team, fall one after the other. Nothing from the Bolts. I shake my head, and try to tell myself we are making the right decisions, being smart about the money...

But if we go and blow all this cap room we have freed up on Tom fucking Brady, what a huge disappointment.

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
                        Damn, the Browns are throwing around some cash, between this and the Hooper signing.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Trent for Supa Mel straight up...

Comment

Working...
                          X