• Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Yes.

From what I have read, they were very high on Herbert for two years and while we will never know, I'd bet they still would have drafted him.
    I remember Telesco saying basically that Phillip Rivers was the model (with more mobility) during the 2019 draft lead up.
    It was reported that Telesco tried to trade up to #3 (reportedly for Andrew Thomas).

Telesco was not going to trade up for Andrew Thomas - no way, no how with all the other LTs available.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
      When the Chargers remade the right side of their OL, I was sure they targetted Tua.
      When the Fins have chosen Tua, I. Simmons was my choice at 6.
      Is it forgivable ?
      I wanted Jedrick Wills.
      I didn't like Tua's arm strength and there was something about Herbert's throwing mechanics i did not like.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

I didnt want Tua and didnt like Fromm.
        I was a skeptic of Herbert as well and wasnt thrilled with picking him 6th but somebody would of soon after had we not of. Im just so glad he has turned out like he has.

He doesn't and hasn't looked like the same QB coming out of Oregon. Looked like a completely different player from the get go so yes, you just never know.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
          Yeah...Herbert was not #1 on my big board. He was not even #100. I was furious when we took him. On a group text thread with two friends who are Cowboys fans, I lost my shit. They still live to send me screen shots from that text thread. I've told them that I'd love for them to print out a screenshot of it get it signed by Herbert.

Although, this year one of them lost it when they took Micah Parsons, and so far he's looked pretty awesome.
          Please post those screenshots here...hahahahaha.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            I didnt want Tua and didnt like Fromm.
            I was a skeptic of Herbert as well and wasnt thrilled with picking him 6th but somebody would of soon after had we not of. Im just so glad he has turned out like he has.

He doesn't and hasn't looked like the same QB coming out of Oregon. Looked like a completely different player from the get go so yes, you just never know.
            Yeah it's amazing what happens when they surround the guy with talent, and don't make him throw bubble screens 65% of his throws.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I wanted Jedrick Wills.
              I didn't like Tua's arm strength and there was something about Herbert's throwing mechanics i did not like.
              I would love to hear what part of Herbert's throwing mechanics you did not like. It's almost like you thought he had a huge wind up or broken mechanics.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Tua is an example of the Peter Principle.

Herbert is an example of the opposite.

Projecting success at the next level is not about success at the previous or current level.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I would love to hear what part of Herbert's throwing mechanics you did not like. It's almost like you thought he had a huge wind up or broken mechanics.
                  I didn't look too hard but it was mainly footwork for me. Even last year he had a tendency to open his hips during the throw sometimes.

He corrected that.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

I don’t rate QBs any longer. Too much info is unobtainable.
                    Simmons was my top rated prospect and wanted him to pair with Derwin.
                    I was good with Herbert as I liked his physical metrics, play style, and football IQ.
                    Didn’t want Tua for the adverse. I didn’t like his physical metrics, injury history, family makeup (dad), or the ludicrous system he came out of in Bama. WRs running with 5-10 yard windows to throw into doesn’t lead to NFL success.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

I didn't look too hard but it was mainly footwork for me. Even last year he had a tendency to open his hips during the throw sometimes.

He corrected that.
                      I have a lot of respect for your opinions my friend but are you freaking kidding me? Those are easily correctable flaws with good coaching. You can't fix a lack of arm strength. You can't fix the inability to learn and adapt. And you rarely fix a bad throwing motion... and he never had that whatsoever. I'm sorry but I think you fell into what most did... Paralysis by analysis and groupthink.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Yeah it's amazing what happens when they surround the guy with talent, and don't make him throw bubble screens 65% of his throws.
                        True that, he threw a ton of very short passes there but he did struggle when throwing over 10 yards. Maybe his WRs were in the wrong spots? Must have been the case and they just werent very good because he has been pretty damn awesome with us.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-01-2021, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                          I don’t rate QBs any longer. Too much info is unobtainable.
                          Simmons was my top rated prospect and wanted him to pair with Derwin.
                          I was good with Herbert as I liked his physical metrics, play style, and football IQ.
                          Didn’t want Tua for the adverse. I didn’t like his physical metrics, injury history, family makeup (dad), or the ludicrous system he came out of in Bama. WRs running with 5-10 yard windows to throw into doesn’t lead to NFL success.
                          Yes i noticed, but wish you would lol.

I dont do too bad with QBs so i just go with what i see. I was calling Rivers a first rounder well before any pundits did and they had him l
                          around a 4th rounder.

I read one idiot say he should switch to TE....lol, can you imagine that?

Comment

Working...
                          X