• Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

Everybody is looking for their Herbert.
    Yeah, I think so too. The thing is, nobody else is a Herbert. Only Herbert is Herbert. I posted a story a day or two ago in another thread about Herbert setting expectations high for rookie QBs, but it's not going to happen like that for most rookie QBs.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

New QBs if they are fast out of the gate are going to be compared to the standards. I think the press put too much on their expectations on this class, especially Trevor Lawrence. I will watch Thursday just happy he's not currently the Chargers QB

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Giants just signed Isiah Wilson to PS. That team is getting desperate.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

Everybody is looking for their Herbert.
          Hmm, i read in here last year that Lawrence was going to be the next greatest NFL QB. Its 3 games but his 60.3 Rating isnt good.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hmm, i read in here last year that Lawrence was going to be the next greatest NFL QB. Its 3 games but his 60.3 Rating isnt good.
            I read that here as well. he better get going if he is to beat Herberts record.

I never watched him very much in college, just didnt care much but man he has a ssslllooowww wind up. He is the exact opposite of guys like Marino and Rivers. That is really going to hurt him in the NFL if he does not fix it.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Joe Burrows is looking good for the Bengals. When teams use an early first round pick on a QB they know they are rolling the dice - sometimes they win, sometimes they lose.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

With the Rookie slotted salaries, missing on a #1 pick, especially a QB, doesn't hurt as bad. How fast would have Leaf been dumped? Don't know, but he probably would have a little more humble knowing he had to earn his keep.

Comment

• SBbound
                  Casual fanatic
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Merced/San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  Joe Burrows is looking good for the Bengals. When teams use an early first round pick on a QB they know they are rolling the dice - sometimes they win, sometimes they lose.
                  True, sure looks like we hit the jackpot!

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

The concern we all had, Tua's frame and build holding up to the punishment of an NFL QB, is coming to pass.

Tua's career is looking like an incompletion. That said, MORE champagne and cigars, Charger fans?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

The concern we all had, Tua's frame and build holding up to the punishment of an NFL QB, is coming to pass.

Tua's career is looking like an incompletion. That said, MORE champagne and cigars, Charger fans?
                      I didn't have the balls to come out hard on Tua...in fact, in the forum mock draft, where I represented the Bolts that year, I took him...mostly to appease some of my fellow forum fans...but he always made me nervous. I will give the kid this...he played with poise on a big stage in Alabama, and I think he has the mental toughness to be a good QB in this league...I just think he is at his ceiling, physically, both in durability and arm strength. Honestly, a New Orleans style offense ala Brees's late years would benefit him greatly...but even after a lot of flack trying to stick up for Herbert, he was always my favorite. He had warts, but the thing that stood out to me was he never fell apart after making bad plays, and often bounced back. But it's a crap shoot folks, and we got lucky and hit big. Hell, I can crow about how much I liked Herbert, but I also thought Fromm had the makings of another Drew Brees. Big stage leader, not a huge arm, but still pretty good playing without the stellar arsenal Tua had. Hell, without the blown coverage in that SEC championship, the pundits would have been talking up Fromm the next year instead of Tua....and look at this latest crop...not impressive so far, even with Lawrence...and Fromm buried on a depth chart in Buffalo...

Just goes to show you we all know jack nothing sometimes...being right about Herbert just means I and others were right this time...I was right about Slater, too....but I could fill a couple of pages with all my "wish list" wrongs....I not only liked Ryan Leaf, thinking he would eventually surpass Manning due to talent, I later thought Big Ben would be the next Ryan Leaf. I thought Aaron Rodgers was going to rot in GB, and thought Rosen would end up being the next Aaron Rodgers....

Personally, I wish the best for Tua and the Fins....I kinda like the Dolphins, and hope they can make it work, and that they don't make a grab for Watson....well, hope they can be good enough to lose to us in some playoff games, anyways...lol
                      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I didn't have the balls to come out hard on Tua...in fact, in the forum mock draft, where I represented the Bolts that year, I took him...mostly to appease some of my fellow forum fans...but he always made me nervous. I will give the kid this...he played with poise on a big stage in Alabama, and I think he has the mental toughness to be a good QB in this league...I just think he is at his ceiling, physically, both in durability and arm strength. Honestly, a New Orleans style offense ala Brees's late years would benefit him greatly...but even after a lot of flack trying to stick up for Herbert, he was always my favorite. He had warts, but the thing that stood out to me was he never fell apart after making bad plays, and often bounced back. But it's a crap shoot folks, and we got lucky and hit big. Hell, I can crow about how much I liked Herbert, but I also thought Fromm had the makings of another Drew Brees. Big stage leader, not a huge arm, but still pretty good playing without the stellar arsenal Tua had. Hell, without the blown coverage in that SEC championship, the pundits would have been talking up Fromm the next year instead of Tua....and look at this latest crop...not impressive so far, even with Lawrence...and Fromm buried on a depth chart in Buffalo...

Just goes to show you we all know jack nothing sometimes...being right about Herbert just means I and others were right this time...I was right about Slater, too....but I could fill a couple of pages with all my "wish list" wrongs....I not only liked Ryan Leaf, thinking he would eventually surpass Manning due to talent, I later thought Big Ben would be the next Ryan Leaf. I thought Aaron Rodgers was going to rot in GB, and thought Rosen would end up being the next Aaron Rodgers....

Personally, I wish the best for Tua and the Fins....I kinda like the Dolphins, and hope they can make it work, and that they don't make a grab for Watson....well, hope they can be good enough to lose to us in some playoff games, anyways...lol
                        It is a crap shoot, and the Chargers, and their fans, got lucky with Herbert. Nobody saw this coming. Even though you may have liked Herbert better than Tua, I'm sure you could not have foreseen just how good Herbert would be. Nobody did. I'm pretty sure Telesco and the Spamnoses are not draft gurus and picked Herbert knowing he would be better than the two QBs picked before him, and have the most amazing rookie season ever. Herbert fell to them. If the 'Fins had gone in a different direction and not taken a QB, and Tua and Herbert were both still on the board when the Chargers drafted, is there any doubt at all that TT and the Spamnoses would have chosen Tua over Herbert? There's no doubt in my mind. The 'Fins did Chargernation a huge favor drafting Tua, and the powers that be who run this franchise got the luckiest turn of events of their lifetimes when Herbert was the only QB left on the board. It was the luck of the draw, and the Chargers drew a once-in-a-lifetime royal flush.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Regional Pizzas.jpeg

Bengals - Jags game has an ad for Detroit-style pizza. What's that?

Comment

Working...
                          X