• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
      Regional Pizzas.jpeg

Bengals - Jags game has an ad for Detroit-style pizza. What's that?

Pizza that leaves a smile like Isaiah and then a gut punch like Laimbeer.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        It is a crap shoot, and the Chargers, and their fans, got lucky with Herbert. Nobody saw this coming. Even though you may have liked Herbert better than Tua, I'm sure you could not have foreseen just how good Herbert would be. Nobody did. I'm pretty sure Telesco and the Spamnoses are not draft gurus and picked Herbert knowing he would be better than the two QBs picked before him, and have the most amazing rookie season ever. Herbert fell to them. If the 'Fins had gone in a different direction and not taken a QB, and Tua and Herbert were both still on the board when the Chargers drafted, is there any doubt at all that TT and the Spamnoses would have chosen Tua over Herbert? There's no doubt in my mind. The 'Fins did Chargernation a huge favor drafting Tua, and the powers that be who run this franchise got the luckiest turn of events of their lifetimes when Herbert was the only QB left on the board. It was the luck of the draw, and the Chargers drew a once-in-a-lifetime royal flush.
        A few of us wanted Herbert over Tua. I was vocal I wanted Herbert. The more I saw of Tua tape, the less i liked him. I didn’t like his throws, wasn’t impressed with his running ability, and thought he was manufactured by the Tide Machine. Herbert had the cannon - tool #1 for an NFL QB, unlike NCAA.

I didn’t predict Tua would flop this badly
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

It is a crap shoot, and the Chargers, and their fans, got lucky with Herbert. Nobody saw this coming. Even though you may have liked Herbert better than Tua, I'm sure you could not have foreseen just how good Herbert would be. Nobody did. I'm pretty sure Telesco and the Spamnoses are not draft gurus and picked Herbert knowing he would be better than the two QBs picked before him, and have the most amazing rookie season ever. Herbert fell to them. If the 'Fins had gone in a different direction and not taken a QB, and Tua and Herbert were both still on the board when the Chargers drafted, is there any doubt at all that TT and the Spamnoses would have chosen Tua over Herbert? There's no doubt in my mind. The 'Fins did Chargernation a huge favor drafting Tua, and the powers that be who run this franchise got the luckiest turn of events of their lifetimes when Herbert was the only QB left on the board. It was the luck of the draw, and the Chargers drew a once-in-a-lifetime royal flush.
          There is considerable doubt.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Not the first time he has opted out he did that through the course of games when he played for us

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Some wanted to tank and wait to pick Lawrence…

Then again, I was stumping hard for Hurts, lol.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

If the 'Fins had gone in a different direction and not taken a QB, and Tua and Herbert were both still on the board when the Chargers drafted, is there any doubt at all that TT and the Spamnoses would have chosen Tua over Herbert?
                Yes.

From what I have read, they were very high on Herbert for two years and while we will never know, I'd bet they still would have drafted him.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Wrong. I said he would be the best QB in the draft. The kid excelled with three different head coaches and four different offensive coordinators on a team who's recruiting declined every year he was there. His intelligence, memory, and ability to absorb and learn quickly is off the charts and unbelievably some people viewed that as a negative that he wasn't focusing enough on football. His skill position around him were crap. I had always said if you flip flopped Herbert and put him on either of LSU and Alabama and made those quarterbacks play at Oregon neither Burrow or Tua would have been even a first round draft pick. I did however think that it would take Herbert at least a year to adjust the NFL, and in that I was wrong.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Wrong. I said he would be the best QB in the draft. The kid excelled with three different head coaches and four different offensive coordinators on a team who's recruiting declined every year he was there. His intelligence, memory, and ability to absorb and learn quickly is off the charts and unbelievably some people viewed that as a negative that he wasn't focusing enough on football. His skill position around him were crap. I had always said if you flip flopped Herbert and put him on either of LSU and Alabama and made those quarterbacks play at Oregon neither Burrow or Tua would have been even a first round draft pick. I did however think that it would take Herbert at least a year to adjust the NFL, and in that I was wrong.
                    ​​​​​Good call, Panama.

And TT nailed this one, famously stating that Herbert would have been #1 on our Big Board in the previous draft.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Yeah...Herbert was not #1 on my big board. He was not even #100. I was furious when we took him. On a group text thread with two friends who are Cowboys fans, I lost my shit. They still live to send me screen shots from that text thread. I've told them that I'd love for them to print out a screenshot of it get it signed by Herbert.

Although, this year one of them lost it when they took Micah Parsons, and so far he's looked pretty awesome.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

When the Chargers remade the right side of their OL, I was sure they targetted Tua.
                        When the Fins have chosen Tua, I. Simmons was my choice at 6.
                        Is it forgivable ?

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

I guessed we’d draft him and wanted us to, but even I was blown away by how good he has been.

Comment

Working...
                          X