• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Am I the only one glad we didn’t pay him that?
    You are not the only one and I kind of hope they release Virgil Green so Telesco can sign
    Phillips
    NT - like Pierce, Shelby Harris or Linval
    CB like Harris or Trufant
    and possibly - even sign Peters to a deal -like one year, 7.5m (if you need to make it two years for the cap, thats fine)

CAn find a blocking TE for cheaper than Virgil

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Gordon can follow him out the door
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
          there goes beachcombers pipe dream

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
            Thanks for the update - so this is where Telesco needs to do his homework at NT - per this list:
            https://nfltraderumors.co/top-25-202...e-agents-list/

Dontari Poe, Linval Joseph, Michael Pierce, Suh (I think he is too old), A'Shawn Robinson, Gunter, Jernigan, Shelby Harris
            -lots of options, prices might be dropping a bit since Shelton got 2/8m - Hargroves, Phillips and Reader got paid. So somewhere between Shelton and Phillips should be the market

Now CB:
            Trufant, Chris Harris, Logan Ryan, Kevin Johnson - plenty of options
            - for famililarity with scheme and age, I like Trufant

At this point - should be able to get the right player for the Chargers system at a decent price. First, find the right fit, second find the right value. The wave is over - now its time to be choosy. Hopefully you have two players that make sense and sign the one who fits the dollars

My picks are Trufant and I still like Pierce - these would be my next two signings if I were Telesco

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

We can draft Zone Corners and Shade 1Techs with zero pass rush skills in the middle and late rounds of this draft.

Don't be playing monopoly with the Chargers cap space money.

TT has a copy of the current Chargers depth chart on his desk, and he studies it every day.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                We can draft Zone Corners and Shade 1Techs with zero pass rush skills in the middle and late rounds of this draft.

Don't be playing monopoly with the Chargers cap space money.

TT has a copy of the current Chargers depth chart on his desk, and he studies it every day.
                He also has 20m of cap space - - you are right about the corner in the draft but he can add to this roster and he would not be doing his job if he "just waited until the draft." He doesn't need to overpay but Pierce or Linval would be fine additions to the roster. I would rather see him spend money on NT or CB than sign say Robby Anderson - when the draft has plenty of WRs. I don't want to rely on a rookie NT either - I want a dude who knows what the hell he is doing

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He also has 20m of cap space - - you are right about the corner in the draft but he can add to this roster and he would not be doing his job if he "just waited until the draft." He doesn't need to overpay but Pierce or Linval would be fine additions to the roster. I would rather see him spend money on NT or CB than sign say Robby Anderson - when the draft has plenty of WRs. I don't want to rely on a rookie NT either - I want a dude who knows what the hell he is doing
                  Shelton to Lions prolly means Derrick Brown is available at #6. This is a rare prospect who can anchor + has advanced interior pass rush skills. Needless to say, he would be cheaper, and perfect alpha dog to lead Tillery and JJ.

What do you think ? Personally, I wonder if Gettleman wants him between Dexter Lawrence and Leonard Williams.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Thanks for the update - so this is where Telesco needs to do his homework at NT - per this list:
                    https://nfltraderumors.co/top-25-202...e-agents-list/

Dontari Poe, Linval Joseph, Michael Pierce, Suh (I think he is too old), A'Shawn Robinson, Gunter, Jernigan, Shelby Harris
                    -lots of options, prices might be dropping a bit since Shelton got 2/8m - Hargroves, Phillips and Reader got paid. So somewhere between Shelton and Phillips should be the market

Now CB:
                    Trufant, Chris Harris, Logan Ryan, Kevin Johnson - plenty of options
                    - for famililarity with scheme and age, I like Trufant

At this point - should be able to get the right player for the Chargers system at a decent price. First, find the right fit, second find the right value. The wave is over - now its time to be choosy. Hopefully you have two players that make sense and sign the one who fits the dollars

My picks are Trufant and I still like Pierce - these would be my next two signings if I were Telesco
                    I agree with your picks. That would fix two holes in our D. Use the draft to improve the O.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Shelton to Lions prolly means Derrick Brown is available at #6. This is a rare prospect who can anchor + has advanced interior pass rush skills. Needless to say, he would be cheaper, and perfect alpha dog to lead Tillery and JJ.

What do you think ? Personally, I wonder if Gettleman wants him between Dexter Lawrence and Leonard Williams.
                      My thought has always been use free agency to augment your roster enough to allow you to take BPA,. Last year, and I know Adderley fell to the 60th pick - but two of the biggest needs were DT and S. Lo and behold, who did Telesco pick in the first two rounds.

Now, if you can get a guy - and maybe its Linval (and for comp pick reasons, Linval makes sense over Pierce - might also be cheaper ) - and he upgrades the DT position - that really allows you to focus your draft on the future and not filling a hole. And to me, that means Simmons at 6 or Herbert. I am not passing on Simmons. And if the Bolts sign a DT - forget CB - if they sign DT, maybe Peters on a one year deal and call it to save money for Bosa - thats fine

But I want the draft to be less about need and more about Simmons or QB. WR can come later in rounds 2 or 3; same with CB

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

My thought has always been use free agency to augment your roster enough to allow you to take BPA,. Last year, and I know Adderley fell to the 60th pick - but two of the biggest needs were DT and S. Lo and behold, who did Telesco pick in the first two rounds.

Now, if you can get a guy - and maybe its Linval (and for comp pick reasons, Linval makes sense over Pierce - might also be cheaper ) - and he upgrades the DT position - that really allows you to focus your draft on the future and not filling a hole. And to me, that means Simmons at 6 or Herbert. I am not passing on Simmons. And if the Bolts sign a DT - forget CB - if they sign DT, maybe Peters on a one year deal and call it to save money for Bosa - thats fine

But I want the draft to be less about need and more about Simmons or QB. WR can come later in rounds 2 or 3; same with CB
                        Linval gives zero pass rush push.
                        Lack of inside pressure was a big problem last year.
                        TT will invest this way.
                        There are developments, even this morning,
                        that are changing the way the top ten will play out.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I agree with your picks. That would fix two holes in our D. Use the draft to improve the O.
                          What are your current thoughts at Oline ?

Comment

Working...
                          X