Clear All
  • BearWithJetpack
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Anthony Lynn on the difference being with SF v LAC

https://twitter.com/latimesfarmer/st...NX02UFSIZcMLaA
    The organizational failures of the Chargers that Lynn refers to are the exact mechanisms that granted him, a jumped up running backs coach, a promotion to head coach, a dream opportunity where you are 1 of 32. I find his statement unnecessarily ungrateful.

Or to say, "he's an assistant coach for a reason."

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      Anthony Lynn on the difference being with SF v LAC

https://twitter.com/latimesfarmer/st...NX02UFSIZcMLaA
      Funny how he condemned himself on that quote. They hired a loser like him because they do not spend money.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Lynn is a shitty coach which in turn shows what shitty owners Spanos are.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
          Lynn is a shitty coach which in turn shows what shitty owners Spanos are.
          Lynn was a bad HC but again he is right. I don't get how Dean will spend on players but will cheap out on HCs.
          I guess he thinks the players will overcome, and that's just wrong. Coaching absolutely matters.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Players are cap space money coaches dip into Dean's trips to Las Vegas on his private jet to get goofy haircuts.

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
              Players are cap space money coaches dip into Dean's trips to Las Vegas on his private jet to get goofy haircuts.
              I’m just glad his haircut is not goofier than Mark Davis.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lynn was a bad HC but again he is right. I don't get how Dean will spend on players but will cheap out on HCs.
                I guess he thinks the players will overcome, and that's just wrong. Coaching absolutely matters.
                CBA gives numbers in % of the cap that has to been spent on players it is or 89% or 95%.
                Coaches salary do not count towards this %.

Lynn - just showing what kind of a person he is. With everything Spanoses are he should be greatful for a chance he will never get again.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

CBA gives numbers in % of the cap that has to been spent on players it is or 89% or 95%.
                  Coaches salary do not count towards this %.

Lynn - just showing what kind of a person he is. With everything Spanoses are he should be greatful for a chance he will never get again.
                  The league did that some time ago and then you have some teams like Jacksonville that had 70 million in cap space when they hired Urban Meyer and they signed everybody under the sun.
                  And other teams with huge cap space. Not sure what teams that is this year but there are some.

Seems to me they arent holding teams to it.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-18-2023, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I always thought Lynn was a good man.

But maybe not? He conveniently forgot how awful he was his last year. How he would not fix special teams because of loyalty to George Stewart. His embarrasing game management. Him being totally and completely lost on the sidelines. The players he wanted drafted, and got. He failed because he was a failure.

Then he went to Detroit and failed there. The offense on that team took off after he got fired and has never looked back.

I guess that was all about resources, too.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

His coaching failures still don't take away from what he is stating here.He basically said the Niners aren't afraid of spending money on better facilities and whatever resources are needed for coaches and players where as the Chargers most likely cut corners.We have all heard ex Charger players say the same thing.Doesnt make them salty liars just trynna smear the Spanos' wonderful name.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Hey 49ers are legendary for going all the way, even all the way to unethical, illegal tactics to win. It goes all the way back to Montana and Dwight Clark days. As I recall they got caught and in trouble for it, too. If I remember right, they were giving players and their families ‘perks’ that were really salary so they could meet the salary cap and got busted. Brent Jones was caught in that one.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          Hey 49ers are legendary for going all the way, even all the way to unethical, illegal tactics to win. It goes all the way back to Montana and Dwight Clark days. As I recall they got caught and in trouble for it, too. If I remember right, they were giving players and their families ‘perks’ that were really salary so they could meet the salary cap and got busted. Brent Jones was caught in that one.

TG
                          Did they have to give back all those beautiful Lombardis they have in their trophy case?No?Then big pockets will always win I guess.

Comment

Working...
                          X