• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Chargers would get two third round comp picks as Wooten is an AFrican American and the NFL implemented a system that if you hire an AFrican American for head coach or GM, the team he comes from gets two picks. Baltimore got two third round comp picks for Culley and he was fired after one year.

As an aside, the Chief guy (I think its Polles) is also African American and if he is hired by another team, the Chiefs would get the two 3rd round comp picks. I would much rather see the Chargers get those picks than the Chiefs - thats for damn sure!

Edit: Jo Jo Wooden - my mistake on his name
    And if Bienemy gets a HC job and Polles gets a GM job, the Chiefs would get 4 picks?

TG

Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

And if Bienemy gets a HC job and Polles gets a GM job, the Chiefs would get 4 picks?

TG
      I think in that case its only 3 picks if I recall the new rule. Meaning two people in the same year - its only three picks. But yes, I forgot about Bieniemy being a candidate as well.

Comment

• DennisR91
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

The NFL policy extends to minority hires, not just one ethnic group.

Is bisacchy a minority

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Call it the Longball Prevent Defense...makes sense...Cowboys only chance was a hail Mary pass or a midrange pass + YAC to EZ...what a dumb call, running the rock and eating up the clock...
          The 49ers fashioned a terrible seduction with that formation and Kellen Moore, Mike McCarthy, & Dak Prescott all willingly placed their teeth on the curb and got curb-stomped.

In a PASS-ONLY situation, they ran it, and then proceeded to run around with broken teeth, wondering how this could be.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thanks for adding his bio

He was interviewed last year by the WFT - so maybe this time will be a help. Polian is helping the Bears so he might sway more towards somebody under his tree via Telesco, so to speak
            Anyone got a line on Staley's agent yet?

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by DennisR91 View Post

Is bisacchy a minority
              Maybe in China, lol. Seriously, I believe in merit, and there are good candidates from all races. I think the league wants the leadership in the coaching and personnel staffs to be closer to the makeup of the players, and not the ownership, but doesn't want the appearance of setting quotas.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Thanks for explaining it - I had no idea.
                But not in the same draft. One 3rd round comp would be this year and one would be next year.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Is bisacchy a minority
                  He is if you consider Italians a minority

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

He is if you consider Italians a minority

TG
                    Italian Americans were discriminated against to some degree during WWII while the U.S. was at war with Italy. Depending on how far removed individuals were from the mother country, and their pre-war activity, some were declared enemy aliens and detained. Other Italian Americans, generally the first U.S. born generation of immigrant parents, were restricted in their movements at the beginning of the war. But Italian immigrants and their children were never mass-incarcerated in internment camps like Japanese Americans were.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Is bisacchy a minority
                      I don't think Italian is considered a minority...has to be Black, Hispanic, maybe Asian...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I don't think Italian is considered a minority...has to be Black, Hispanic, maybe Asian...
                        Agreed.

Probably hiring a woman too

Eberflus with a second interview in Chicago - come on Polian - help your old student/protege Telesco out!

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Italian Americans were discriminated against to some degree during WWII while the U.S. was at war with Italy. Depending on how far removed individuals were from the mother country, and their pre-war activity, some were declared enemy aliens and detained. Other Italian Americans, generally the first U.S. born generation of immigrant parents, were restricted in their movements at the beginning of the war. But Italian immigrants and their children were never mass-incarcerated in internment camps like Japanese Americans were.
                          While one mobster family boss cozied up to Mussolini (Vito Genovese) boss Albert Anastasia had secret consent with the U.S. military to patrol the docks in New York from Nazi saboteurs, through his control of the long shoreman's unions.

Albert Anastasia was shot to death in a barber's chair, by Crazy Joe Gallo and Carmine Persico, by order of Carlos Gambino, as he got his daily shave and haircut in 1957.

Comment

Working...
                          X