• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
    The talk about David Carr being traded (or released-- 2022 is the final year of his contract, at a price of $19mil) has me wondering if the Raiders are going to make a play to get Deshaun Watson.

Hafta say, that would be a Raider-like move.
    The Broncos figure to be looking for a QB, and-- as noted above-- so might the Raiders.

I'd hate to see a talent like Watson on the roster of an AFC West opponent, but we'll have to see how this unfolds.

On a different note: Who'd have predicted that Urban Meyer wouldn't last a full season as a rookie NFL coach? There were people who wanted the Chargers to hire him.

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

The Broncos figure to be looking for a QB, and-- as noted above-- so might the Raiders.

I'd hate to see a talent like Watson on the roster of an AFC West opponent, but we'll have to see how this unfolds.

On a different note: Who'd have predicted that Urban Meyer wouldn't last a full season as a rookie NFL coach? There were people who wanted the Chargers to hire him.
      I was one of them. Thankfully I’m not part of the decision making team.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

The talk about David Carr being traded (or released-- 2022 is the final year of his contract, at a price of $19mil) has me wondering if the Raiders are going to make a play to get Deshaun Watson.

Hafta say, that would be a Raider-like move.
        Yep, Deshaun should fit in just right with the Faiders...and just imagine Watson going clubbing in Vegas...all those women...an accident waiting to happen...

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Have to say, it was refreshing to see a team OTHER than the Chargers lose a game this way.
          That is a real blessing for sure.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep, Deshaun should fit in just right with the Faiders...and just imagine Watson going clubbing in Vegas...all those women...an accident waiting to happen...
            That is the absolute worst place for Watson to go. Its like getting an alcoholic with multiple DUI's and putting him in charge of a liquor store.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Ed Dodds removed his name from consideration for the Bears GM job. I am not sure how many other candidates they have interviewed - but I think the Bills guy, the Chiefs guy and JJ Wooten

Sure would be nice if Wooten gets the job.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                Ed Dodds removed his name from consideration for the Bears GM job. I am not sure how many other candidates they have interviewed - but I think the Bills guy, the Chiefs guy and JJ Wooten

Sure would be nice if Wooten gets the job.
                Why do you say this? Why would that be nice?
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Why do you say this? Why would that be nice?
                  The Chargers would get two third round comp picks as Wooten is an AFrican American and the NFL implemented a system that if you hire an AFrican American for head coach or GM, the team he comes from gets two picks. Baltimore got two third round comp picks for Culley and he was fired after one year.

As an aside, the Chief guy (I think its Polles) is also African American and if he is hired by another team, the Chiefs would get the two 3rd round comp picks. I would much rather see the Chargers get those picks than the Chiefs - thats for damn sure!

Edit: Jo Jo Wooden - my mistake on his name

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

The Chargers would get two third round comp picks as Wooten is an AFrican American and the NFL implemented a system that if you hire an AFrican American for head coach or GM, the team he comes from gets two picks. Baltimore got two third round comp picks for Culley and he was fired after one year.

As an aside, the Chief guy (I think its Polles) is also African American and if he is hired by another team, the Chiefs would get the two 3rd round comp picks. I would much rather see the Chargers get those picks than the Chiefs - thats for damn sure!

Thanks for explaining it - I had no idea.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• cmplxgal
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • New Jersey
                      • Send PM

Here's his team bio:

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

The NFL policy extends to minority hires, not just one ethnic group.

The gist of the resolution:

- A team that loses a minority assistant coach who becomes a head coach or loses a personnel executive who becomes a general manager will receive third-round compensatory picks in each of the next two drafts.

- A team that loses two minority staffers to head coach and general manager positions would receive three third-round picks.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                          Thanks for adding his bio

He was interviewed last year by the WFT - so maybe this time will be a help. Polian is helping the Bears so he might sway more towards somebody under his tree via Telesco, so to speak

Comment

Working...
                          X