• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Still would have loved Jones or Lucas in the 3rd.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Still would have loved Jones or Lucas in the 3rd.
      we passed on dan marino THREE times in 1983, plus the colts were willing to give us Elway for our three first rounders and Elway was a huge dan fouts fan, he would’ve been ecstatic to have come to san diego!!! Jones and lucas don’t even make my too 50 in this category…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

we passed on dan marino THREE times in 1983, plus the colts were willing to give us Elway for our three first rounders and Elway was a huge dan fouts fan, he would’ve been ecstatic to have come to san diego!!! Jones and lucas don’t even make my too 50 in this category…
        Yeah I wasn't born yet.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Sam Howell might be one of the biggest steals of the 2022 draft, he looked pretty darn good brought washington back in the last 14 minutes from down 14 points, then got the go ahead 2-pointer for a 21-20 lead with 2:16 to play. Unfortunately the washington defence committed a couple of really bad penalties which put carolina in field goal range, the panthers hit a long field goal (48yards?) with no time left on the clock for a 23-21 victory…but sam looked really poised, showed strong arm with great accuracy and was getting the ball out quickly and on time, he also ran when it made sense didn’t take any hits slide etc…and scored two TDs with his legs while barely being touched. He’s a lot faster than people think…I’m rooting for this kid, it won’t be long before carson wentz wears out his welcome in washington too…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Yeah I wasn't born yet.
            Well then I guess it doesn’t matter, right?

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Bullshit. El way wouldn’t have been one but happy to come to San Diego and sit behind Dan MFIC Fouts for several years. We weren’t looking for a franchise QB in 83

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Bullshit. El way wouldn’t have been one but happy to come to San Diego and sit behind Dan MFIC Fouts for several years. We weren’t looking for a franchise QB in 83
                Nick Canepa used to write a fun series of articles every year about the 1983 draft around draft time for the UT…unfortunately I don’t have any of them but I could swear he wrote that the colts wanted fouts and a couple of the # ones for the right to pick elway first overall and you’re right, the chargers weren’t interested because they already had fouts. But he was ten years into his career at that point, perhaps it should’ve been discussed?

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Well then I guess it doesn’t matter, right?
                  I mean, compared to commenting on current NFL players who this board scouted extensively just a couple months ago, not really.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

I mean, compared to commenting on current NFL players who this board scouted extensively just a couple months ago, not really.
                    It was a joke…worrying or being upset about what could’ve been in the draft is just going to steal your joy. Especially this offseason which is the best I’ve witnessed in my 44 plus years of chargers fandom…the FA signings were so surgical, impactful, and precise, we may as well have had multiple picks in the first 3 rounds all ready to play day one…we might’ve been able to trade up in the 3rd for one of the guys you mentioned and then we don’t get the spiller or salyer picks in rounds 4-5 because we traded those picks to move up for travis jones or Lucas…they sat tight in the draft because they still needed too fill too many depth pieces…as the team gets better and less and less roster spots are up for grabs they’ll have the luxury to move up or down and target people they want going forward…the offseason wasn’t perfect but it’s the best I’ve seen in my lifetime in terms of FA acquisitions and draft combined…

also, if we get a healthy (even average) Mack for the next 2-3 years that trade will have been one of the best in charger history, not bad for a second round pick…
                    Last edited by Fouts2herbert; 08-15-2022, 04:26 AM.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Rumph, Palmer & McKitty are clear example’s from last draft that made me go fucknuts when selected. Looks like 2 out of 3 isn’t so awful after all (jury out on The often injured McKitty).

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Why? Because of the QB class? They just drafted how many QBs in the too five in the last how many years? Darnold was 3rd overall, Wilson was 2nd overall, so maybe third time’s a charm?
                        Not necessarily because of getting a qb, but because of the very high value of the 1st pick. It’s worth potentially 2 #1s plus more. It’s just the best way to get better faster. The 1st pick on day 2 has higher value also.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                          https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicag...-productivity/

He was never a good pass rusher. This was documented going back to his college days.

Sorry Justin Jones fans. I don't like the guy. He was overrated. Blaming his old team makes me dislike him more.
                          That’s why he’s gone. The team wanted him to play one technique, he decided he was going to play another. It’s a team game, you have to do your assigned job not what you want to do.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X