• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

There was someone on this board who showed every stat he could find as to why he was the best RT in the draft.

He still may be ok down the road but don't seem like it's going to be this year.
    Thats bound to happen every year. And while i watch you guys keep records of wrongs with the best of them...i think its funny how many times a guy loves a player....gets slammed for it...that player then does really well(Rosseau) and the haters are nowhere to be found. lol We love to point the finger....and ignore the 3 others pointing back at us.

My point is this...whenever we want to get after a member for liking Penning.....dont forget how much many of you hated Rosseau. And nobody called you out on it. Well maybe i did. lol

We all get picks wrong and right. I think we should do more praising than bashing.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Thats bound to happen every year. And while i watch you guys keep records of wrongs with the best of them...i think its funny how many times a guy loves a player....gets slammed for it...that player then does really well(Rosseau) and the haters are nowhere to be found. lol We love to point the finger....and ignore the 3 others pointing back at us.

My point is this...whenever we want to get after a member for liking Penning.....dont forget how much many of you hated Rosseau. And nobody called you out on it. Well maybe i did. lol

We all get picks wrong and right. I think we should do more praising than bashing.
      Sure I get that and yes everybody does and I don't how Russeau is doing but the person I'm referring to here isnt very humble but I suppose when he is finally right....that's something to consider. Maybe.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

I didn't intend to make this about him. There's a very good chance we're looking for OT prospects again next year, and I've spent hours on some of these guys. Charles Cross and Abe Lucas are looking very good for the Seahawks so far. What traits should we look for in an OT prospect? IMO experience, balance, and recovery.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

wow. 1st NFL game punt.

Comment

• Berserker76
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Good life advice, Fleet!

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              wow. 1st NFL game punt.

Kid is a weapon. We all knew it. We have a guy who kicks high but not far.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

If you’re looking for a reason why the New York Giants have been a complete dumpster fire for the past five years, look no further than this report. Back in 2018, the New York Giants hired Dave Gettleman to become the team’s new general manager and he entered an offseason where he had the No. […]

In 2018 Elway tried to trade up to #2 to draft Darnold but Gettleman wouldn't answer the phone or return their calls. Buncha clowns on both ends.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

The saints have a history of building strong offensive lines in the last 15-20 years…penning could still be their LT of the future…I didn’t want the chargers to draft him because he was too raw and would need time to develop on a team that is ready to compete now…a couple of people ripped into me pretty good and I honestly don’t even remember who they are because I haven’t been here long enough to build grudges or learn names, LOL…it’s important to remember that a) penning could still turn into a player and b) it’s never a good idea to get personal with other posters about draft picks because they are so umnpredictable…I’m on a roll in the last three years with #1 picks I wanted herbert over tua, but I wanted darrisaw or vera-tucker over slater (both darrisaw and vera-tucker are awesome too) so was proven wrong there because I felt slater would be a better guard, LOL…I also appear to have gotten the zion johnson pick right,…BUT I have been wrong on SO MANY picks since 1978 that to sit here and pretend that the last three years are normal is total BS…sometimes it’s just better to say why you like a guy and explain your reasons and then listen to the reasons other posters like someone else without getting out of hand and calling people out because the draft is still very unpredictable even with all the extra homework teams do nowadays to filter out bad players…then were the player lands also plays a huge role on their success in the NFL…I think penning landed in a good place for offensive linemen that’s why I think he has a chance to become a player, the tools are all there and they might be able to get the rest out of him but this year for this charger team he didn’t make sense…
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The saints have a history of building strong offensive lines in the last 15-20 years…penning could still be their LT of the future…I didn’t want the chargers to draft him because he was too raw and would need time to develop on a team that is ready to compete now…a couple of people ripped into me pretty good and I honestly don’t even remember who they are because I haven’t been here long enough to build grudges or learn names, LOL…it’s important to remember that a) penning could still turn into a player and b) it’s never a good idea to get personal with other posters about draft picks because they are so umnpredictable…I’m on a roll in the last three years with #1 picks I wanted herbert over tua, but I wanted darrisaw or vera-tucker over slater (both darrisaw and vera-tucker are awesome too) so was proven wrong there because I felt slater would be a better guard, LOL…I also appear to have gotten the zion johnson pick right,…BUT I have been wrong on SO MANY picks since 1978 that to sit here and pretend that the last three years are normal is total BS…sometimes it’s just better to say why you like a guy and explain your reasons and then listen to the reasons other posters like someone else without getting out of hand and calling people out because the draft is still very unpredictable even with all the extra homework teams do nowadays to filter out bad players…then were the player lands also plays a huge role on their success in the NFL…I think penning landed in a good place for offensive linemen that’s why I think he has a chance to become a player, the tools are all there and they might be able to get the rest out of him but this year for this charger team he didn’t make sense…
                    I got Slater wrong too which is part of why I'm tracking all the OTs from the last couple years. I think balance is severely under focused on the traits we look for in an OT, especially as we don't have a good way to measure balance through testing. Slater has phenominal balance and hand placement which makes up for being slightly undersized.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

I think that should apply to players too. It seems some people can't quit bashing a player over and over. Recently that's happened a lot regarding Tillery. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the criticism but I am saying, must it be repeated over and over?
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I think that should apply to players too. It seems some people can't quit bashing a player over and over. Recently that's happened a lot regarding Tillery. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the criticism but I am saying, must it be repeated over and over?
                        good point
                        Guilty here 'Roo, my bad.
                        Just so disappointed since I've been pimping him out since draft day.
                        But I think I can let that ship sail now.
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          wow. 1st NFL game punt.

Aztecs MVP. He won games for them.
                          He's different. He'll give the Bills an edge that they didn't have.

Comment

Working...
                          X