• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Classic
    Hall Of Fame
    • Dec 2014
    • Send PM

Buffalo is definitely the top team but the way they play could lead to fatique if not injury. Especially when you have Josh Allen running guys over late in the 4th.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

You can throw out KC, Bills or Chargers for that matter if health issue arises with QB. Buffalo & Rams, are lacking ability to run the ball so everything falls onto their QB’s shoulders.

If Chargers can establish a more dominant running game via excellent OL play, Chargers could beat any team. Josh Allen runs far too much, imo, if first or second progression closes, he stops looking, pulls ball down and starts running. At least when Mahomes progressions break down he has escapability to still extend plays with his arm as targets open up, but he is small and breakable. Herbert is best of both worlds, just needs that running game and right side of OL to gel.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

If I was a Bills fan, I'd be worried a lot about some of the unnecessary hits he keeps taking. No need to lower your shoulder and try and run over people when you are up by multiple scores late in the game and have the ball, especially in game 1.

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          If I was a Bills fan, I'd be worried a lot about some of the unnecessary hits he keeps taking. No need to lower your shoulder and try and run over people when you are up by multiple scores late in the game and have the ball, especially in game 1.
          I agree. The HC could have taken him out since it was a blowout.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

The hard part is that we have division games early.

The big difference between last year and this year needs to be showing up every week. It was kind of every other week we would win for most of last season. We need to find a way to turn some of those L's into W's. It wasn't just that we lost, but we also played up and down. Some of that comes down to losing on D and ST almost every week. It's tough to win games just on O, and even tougher if you are going to do it every week. Either the D or ST needs to at least draw most weeks. If they (ST and D) can outright win, and the O can continue to build, we should be in good shape.
            The good thing about having those games that they do have in the division so early is that the Raiders and Chiefs are going to have to take time to get the new pieces to gel and players getting used to each other. Chargers have kept many of the same players they had more than the rest of the teams in the division.

Lynn and Mccoy were able to string 4 consecutive wins. Lets see if Staley can do the same. Then we can say if he improved as a coach.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Yeah I’d be holding my breath a lot. But he’s so big. He ran over Rams defenders.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

LOL, can we see the Chargers play before you bury them?

The Bills looked solid across the board last night. They didn’t miss a punter, thats for sure. They could have won by 40.
                Nope, its a done deal. Negative Nancy has spoken.

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

127 yards rushing to LA’s 52. Sounds like a Chargers stat. 7 sacks. First time the Rams didn’t win their home opener in awhile. Matt Stafford’s 62.3 QB rating? Now he’s maybe Matt Stafford of the Detroit Lions his second year with them? Too good to be true? Maybe not playing your starting squads during the preseason will change? Did Buffalo play theirs?
                  Last edited by Caslon; 09-09-2022, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Yep...Allen should take a lesson from LT, who after a decent gainer and/or first down, would just run out of bounds instead of lowering the hombro for a big hit and maybe an extra three yards...yer no good if yer unecessarily injured and can't help yer team...

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                      127 yards rushing to LA’s 52. Sounds like a Chargers stat. 7 sacks. First time the Rams didn’t win their home opener in awhile. Matt Stafford’s 62.3 QB rating? Now he’s maybe Matt Stafford of the Detroit Lions his second year with them? Too good to be true? Maybe not playing your starting squads during the preseason will change? Did Buffalo play theirs?
                      For one series - not the issue.

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

For one series - not the issue.
                        True dat. Some lesser tier teams saw fit to play first squad in preseason, maybe just to sample and build on what little they got. Both the Chargers and Rams and some other teams don’t play first squad as a matter of fact, during preseason. Cuts down on possible unnecessary injuries too. The second half Rams didn’t exactly come on like gangbusters. Chargers first team gotta. I mean both SoFi home teams losing their home opener? Nah.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                          True dat. Some lesser tier teams saw fit to play first squad in preseason, maybe just to sample and build on what little they got. Both the Chargers and Rams and some other teams don’t play first squad as a matter of fact, during preseason. Cuts down on possible unnecessary injuries too. The second half Rams didn’t exactly come on like gangbusters. Chargers first team gotta.
                          One thing that should help us a bit is running the same O and D this year as last, so perhaps we won't be rusty. I hate having a Thursday game so close after our first game, especially a division road game.

Comment

Working...
                          X