Clear All
  • Air Coryell
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2021
    • Carlsbad, CA
    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I think it will be a mistake to stand pat and hope we can limp by until guys get healthier. But RB is certainly not where I'd first be looking to improve the team. We need a WR (or two) and an edge rusher far more than another RB.
    None of this will matter with Staley at the helm. Would rather save draft capital for the new GM (hopefully)

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

I think it will be a mistake to stand pat and hope we can limp by until guys get healthier. But RB is certainly not where I'd first be looking to improve the team. We need a WR (or two) and an edge rusher far more than another RB.
      I agree. To me trading for James Robinson would not have been good use of a draft pick. RB is not an area of concern as much as WR and Edge. Especially a RB like Robinson that might not be a game changer. I am all for upgrading talent but it has to start at WR and Edge if Telesco is going to use draft picks.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

RB is just as big of a problem, if not bigger, than WR. Plus a 5th round pick - a 4th if he really produces - is hardly a steep price to pay for a guy like Robinson.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

RB is just as big of a problem, if not bigger, than WR. Plus a 5th round pick - a 4th if he really produces - is hardly a steep price to pay for a guy like Robinson.
          I think the issue with the running game is far more that our line is beat up and not blocking good, we have no receivers that scare anyone so everyone is up close to the line and adding another RB won't make much of a difference.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I agree that RB is not a strength. I just am not sure Telesco should be using draft yet on anything but Edge and WR

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I agree that RB is not a strength. I just am not sure Telesco should be using draft yet on anything but Edge and WR
              We don't know yet what we have in Spiller so I'd be much more inclined to see what he can do until Kelley gets back rather than spend picks on a backup player.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

I think the issue with the running game is far more that our line is beat up and not blocking good, we have no receivers that scare anyone so everyone is up close to the line and adding another RB won't make much of a difference.
                Fully agree
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Tyron Johnson signed to Houston roster

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

And without a threat of the run game, defenses can just tee off and dare the Chargers to beat them

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                      Tyron Johnson signed to Houston roster
                      So are you think they needed a WR to replace a WR -- such as Brandin Cooks
                      (one can hope right)

Edit: Nico Collins is hurt so he is just being signed to replace Collins

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

So are you think they needed a WR to replace a WR -- such as Brandin Cooks
                        (one can hope right)
                        No, Nico Collins is injured.

Other teams, even last place Houston, respond to injuries

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

I'd guess it isn't easy to get a WR and have them contribute right away. This offense has a lot of read option routes and the acquired guys aren't familiar with the offense and Herbert hasn't practiced with them to be in sync at all on it with them.

Comment

Working...
                          X