• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Agree. No more OL project. Let’s get our stud OL from one of the big school (Big Ten) that can start day one to protect JH.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

So if Sewell was on the board at 5, Jeremiah potentially takes Slater?

Should we be worried about Jeremiah’s eye when he has anyone (insert name) rated higher than what many call a generational talent at OT?
      Slater over a 21 year old Munoz?

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Rams have always been LA's #1 team. Few know this but I was a Rams fan before I was a Chargers fan. I was born in Santa Barbara and we got Rams games on the TV. The Rams in the early 70's were an exciting team. I loved their defensive line. Jack Youngblood, Merlin Olsen, Hacksaw Reynolds, and Fred Dryer... At 6, my family moved to San Diego... I still watched Rams football... they were always in the playoffs.

When I was 10 we went to see my beloved Rams play the Chargers @ Jack Murphy stadium (1976). The Chargers had just emerged from the dark days of the early 70's. They weren't very good yet... but they had these rookie D-linemen that captured everyone's imagination. Big Louie Kelcher, Fred Dean, and Gary "Big Hands" Johnson pushed my beloved Rams team all over the field that day. Shouts of "Louuuuuuuuuie" reigned down all afternoon.

That was the day I became a Chargers fan, too. A couple years later an Oregon QB by the name of Fouts took coach Coryell's playbook and turned it into "Air Coryell". The rest is history and I soon forgot about the Rams.

But many in the LA area didn't. Many years later, the Spani decided to pick up shop in search of free rent and luxury box sales. The year before they left, the Rams visited Jack Murphy for the last time. Half of the fans there wore Jack Youngblood jerseys... Tom Mack jerseys... Roman Gabriel jerseys... Lawrence McCutchen jerseys... I had a lot of fun talking to those guys about the Rams of the 70's.

Everyone says that Rams/Chargers fans are fair-weather and have no loyalty... I have a hard time believing that. Rams will always be #1 NFL football team in LA. The Raiders will always be #2 in LA. The Chargers will always... get free rent and few luxury sales.

The End.
        Raiders were LA's #1 team

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Sewell is the best one.

Slater tape vs Ohio St and Chase Young shows what he is capable of and why Jeremiah likes him so much.

Walker Little I am down on as he appears to lose his balance while blocking and is too often on the ground for my liking.

Are Spanos okay with Parsons fight where a knife was pulled by a teammate. Think they don't like players with questions about character.

Think it's worth it to jump by Bengals and go get JH10 his old buddy Sewell-OT.
          P.S. that is the player you want. That should be the target.
          Just find a way to draft Sewell.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            Sewell is the best one.

Slater tape vs Ohio St and Chase Young shows what he is capable of and why Jeremiah likes him so much.

Walker Little I am down on as he appears to lose his balance while blocking and is too often on the ground for my liking.

Are Spanos okay with Parsons fight where a knife was pulled by a teammate. Think they don't like players with questions about character.

Think it's worth it to jump by Bengals and go get JH10 his old buddy Sewell-OT.
            P.S. that is the player you want. That should be the target.
            Just find a way to draft Sewell.
            I agree that Sewell should be our number one target. If we end up with the 4th pick it may be good enough to get him. I'm thinking some team that wants a QB may swap with Cin. and we'd be all set with a future pro-bowl OT to help our new QB.

It's obvious we lucked out getting Herbert. He's our #1 asset and we need to protect him better. Our RB's also deserve better blocking. The talk about using this pick for DE/LB/CB is forgetting the real need - protect your new QB!
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Rams have always been LA's #1 team. Few know this but I was a Rams fan before I was a Chargers fan. I was born in Santa Barbara and we got Rams games on the TV. The Rams in the early 70's were an exciting team. I loved their defensive line. Jack Youngblood, Merlin Olsen, Hacksaw Reynolds, and Fred Dryer... At 6, my family moved to San Diego... I still watched Rams football... they were always in the playoffs.

When I was 10 we went to see my beloved Rams play the Chargers @ Jack Murphy stadium (1976). The Chargers had just emerged from the dark days of the early 70's. They weren't very good yet... but they had these rookie D-linemen that captured everyone's imagination. Big Louie Kelcher, Fred Dean, and Gary "Big Hands" Johnson pushed my beloved Rams team all over the field that day. Shouts of "Louuuuuuuuuie" reigned down all afternoon.

That was the day I became a Chargers fan, too. A couple years later an Oregon QB by the name of Fouts took coach Coryell's playbook and turned it into "Air Coryell". The rest is history and I soon forgot about the Rams.

But many in the LA area didn't. Many years later, the Spani decided to pick up shop in search of free rent and luxury box sales. The year before they left, the Rams visited Jack Murphy for the last time. Half of the fans there wore Jack Youngblood jerseys... Tom Mack jerseys... Roman Gabriel jerseys... Lawrence McCutchen jerseys... I had a lot of fun talking to those guys about the Rams of the 70's.

Everyone says that Rams/Chargers fans are fair-weather and have no loyalty... I have a hard time believing that. Rams will always be #1 NFL football team in LA. The Raiders will always be #2 in LA. The Chargers will always... get free rent and few luxury sales.

The End.
              Good post, Nutty.
              My story has the same timeline.
              Maybe a little earlier.
              Roman Gabriel to Jack Snow.

In college, my dorm buddy was a relative of Chargers Dline Coach Rudy Feldman.
              ​​​He always talked about that Front Four, especially Louie Kelcher.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Good post, Nutty.
                Maybe a little earlier.

Remember when the intro to NFL games had the footage of Jack Snow making that full stretched out catch into the end zone? Striped end zone which I think was against Cleveland???

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Remember when the intro to NFL games had the footage of Jack Snow making that full stretched out catch into the end zone? Striped end zone which I think was against Cleveland???
                  Yeppers, as they say in Punxsutawney.
                  You goin' back to the Rams ?
                  Stan >>>> Deano.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Yeppers, as they say in Punxsutawney.
                    You goin' back to the Rams ?
                    Stan >>>> Deano.
                    I was never with them....I’m from SD homie

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Spring Valley native.
                      React.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Good post, Nutty.
                        Maybe a little earlier.

Nice! I had a #18 jersey as a wee-lad. But I don't remember him well. Jack Snow, I remember. Harold Carmichael, too! But I was always enamored with the Rams D-line. I also remember Deacon Jones, Coy Bacon, and Rosie Grier. The Fearsome Foursome! They had a real nice run along the DL for a number of years.

The interesting thing about that young Chargers DL in 1976... They went against a great Rams OL. Doug France, Tom Mack, Rich Saul, Dennis Harrah, and John Williams... and Kelcher, Johnson, Dean, and Leroy Jones just pushed them around.

The 1976 OL wasn't shabby either... Shields, Wilkerson, Flanagan, Macek, and Washington. When they added Ed White in 1978 (along with JJ) they became elite and Air Coryell was born.

I am a trencher for good reason... from Day-One.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

BTW... my dad was good friends with Ed White. They played racketball together regularly. Never seen a dude that big move that quickly... amazing athlete!

Comment

Working...
                          X