• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Have you watched the Patriots this year?
    Call me when that rookie QB hoists the trophy.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

The Antonio Brown statement is amazing

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/...627506176?s=21
        So, AB claims the coach pressured him to play despite having an injured ankle. Ah, of course...this explains why he took off his jersey at halftime...

Comment

• Bolts&noles
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          COVID restrictions in Los Angeles could force the NFL to move the SB to another location.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ctions-in-l-a/
          Anyone surprised?

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts&noles View Post

Anyone surprised?
            I just read the CA health secretary said the Super Bowl will be played at SoFi come or hell or high water.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
              Herbert isn’t one of the Chargers top problems. But his tendency to get passes deflected by DL is extremely concerning. He leads the league in that category despite being like the tallest starting QB in the NFL.

They need to work on his mechanics to fix that because there’s a no way a QB this tall should get so many of his passes knocked down.
              First off I call BULLSHIT.

PFF has Herbert ranked 13th overall in terms of the # of batted passes with 22. Tom Brady (40), Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Matt Stafford, Dak Prescott, Kirk Cousins, Jalen Hurts, Patrick Mahomes all have more than Justin. Mac Jones has the same number (22). If you have another site, I suggest you post it, but PFF is my sources on this, as they are the only site I have ever seen for batted passes.

In terms of % of passes batted at the line, he is even lower, ranking 23rd (I used only the top 20% of qualifying passers). Herbert's rate (3.4%) is somewhat less than half that of Brady (5.6%) and Rodgers (6.5%). Joe Burrow is also about 6.4%. Mac Jones has a 4.2% of his passes batted.

2nd
              The easiest way to fix it is just call different plays.

Early in the season is when a lot of the passes were being batted, and we were throwing a lot of short quick passes. he was set up close to the line because he had to get the ball out quick. Quick passes have short quick steps for his drop so that he is ready to throw when the receiver comes out of the short routes break. 9 of his 22 batted passes came in the 1st 5 games when we were doing the shorter passes. He didn't have any deflected vs KC, but that was the game that Norton played great, and Herbert really wasn't harassed that much.

Now that the OL is protecting him better, he is dropping deeper, throwing deeper and he can get the ball out so it doesn't get deflected. Our pass protection is really pretty good, and we are keeping a lot of pressure off him by running the ball well too. All of that keeps the DL on the line and gives Herbert room to work.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                First off I call BULLSHIT.

PFF has Herbert ranked 13th overall in terms of the # of batted passes with 22. Tom Brady (40), Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Matt Stafford, Dak Prescott, Kirk Cousins, Jalen Hurts, Patrick Mahomes all have more than Justin. Mac Jones has the same number (22). If you have another site, I suggest you post it, but PFF is my sources on this, as they are the only site I have ever seen for batted passes.

In terms of % of passes batted at the line, he is even lower, ranking 23rd (I used only the top 20% of qualifying passers). Herbert's rate (3.4%) is somewhat less than half that of Brady (5.6%) and Rodgers (6.5%). Joe Burrow is also about 6.4%. Mac Jones has a 4.2% of his passes batted.

2nd
                The easiest way to fix it is just call different plays.

Early in the season is when a lot of the passes were being batted, and we were throwing a lot of short quick passes. he was set up close to the line because he had to get the ball out quick. Quick passes have short quick steps for his drop so that he is ready to throw when the receiver comes out of the short routes break. 9 of his 22 batted passes came in the 1st 5 games when we were doing the shorter passes. He didn't have any deflected vs KC, but that was the game that Norton played great, and Herbert really wasn't harassed that much.

Now that the OL is protecting him better, he is dropping deeper, throwing deeper and he can get the ball out so it doesn't get deflected. Our pass protection is really pretty good, and we are keeping a lot of pressure off him by running the ball well too. All of that keeps the DL on the line and gives Herbert room to work.
                I knew it! I never bought in on this excessive passes blocked hysteria, thank you for confirming what I be seeing with my two lying eyes. Change his delivery mechanics … good grief! SMH.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So, AB claims the coach pressured him to play despite having an injured ankle. Ah, of course...this explains why he took off his jersey at halftime...
                  I read it and gave him the benefit of doubt however I still want him to show us the MRI results as a proof, otherwise he can shout whatever he wants and I wont pay attention.

The league and the owners are evil... HCs as well, while they are employed; as soon as they are fired they become victims, they take side very easy.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/...627506176?s=21
                    I'm glad somebody brought it up on this forum just so I can vent without ridiculous comebacks from like-minded people as him. I keep seeing the CTE comments, but I believe everybody in this league has a little of it. Maybe though, the dude is just an asshat. He has the emotional stability of a 4-year-old. He ran around on that ankle for a whole half a football and then pranced off the field. He got butt hurt and quit. Just like a toddler. I pray that no team is dumb enough to re-sign him so he will just go away. He is the head of the snake of today's entitled athletes. Nobody owes you a damn thing.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I'm glad somebody brought it up on this forum just so I can vent without ridiculous comebacks from like-minded people as him. I keep seeing the CTE comments, but I believe everybody in this league has a little of it. Maybe though, the dude is just an asshat. He has the emotional stability of a 4-year-old. He ran around on that ankle for a whole half a football and then pranced off the field. He got butt hurt and quit. Just like a toddler. I pray that no team is dumb enough to re-sign him so he will just go away. He is the head of the snake of today's entitled athletes. Nobody owes you a damn thing.
                      Rodney Harrison said most players probably have some CTE but he thinks it’s pronounced in Antonio. He specifically cited the Burfict hit. Brown was knocked out cold on that one and he probably has lingering effects from that alone. Was he always a diva? Yes.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Rodney Harrison said most players probably have some CTE but he thinks it’s pronounced in Antonio. He specifically cited the Burfict hit. Brown was knocked out cold on that one and he probably has lingering effects from that alone. Was he always a diva? Yes.
                        His behavior jumped from entitled to bizarre, inexplicable, contrary to one's own best interest.

Aaron Hernandez had more than some CTE.
                        The Charger's own Paul Oliver - described as a lunch pale, blue collar type player at Georgia, went on to be described by his wife as a monster.

If i had CTE, i'd be swearing & grabbing women's behinds all the time.....that's what you do when your frontal lobe is sufficiently destroyed.
                        Read some of the game day stuff, it's as if a quarter of the PB forum is afflicted by it.:cuss:

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

OBJ probably texting him to join the Rams. JK

Comment

Working...
                          X