• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

City-built stadiums are going to be a lot less frequent than the old days. He paid a lot, LA didnt build it for him.
    Isn’t Buffalo’s all public funded?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Isn’t Buffalo’s all public funded?
      Yep - its surprising they are getting that done in NY.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Yep - its surprising they are getting that done in NY.
        That’s the thing though. Rich owners rarely like to pay for things when they can bend a city over backwards for their favorite team.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Tyreek Hill says Tua is more accurate than Mahomes.

Find all of the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Hill’s co-host, Julius Collins, then asked Hill who has the stronger arm, Tua or Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes?

“Obviously, like I’m gonna go with 15 (Mahomes) as the strongest arm but as far as accuracy-wise, I’m going with Tua all day,” Hill said.
          Hill hasn't even played a single down with Tua as his QB. :facepalm1:

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            Tyreek Hill says Tua is more accurate than Mahomes.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ry/rumor-mill/

Hill hasn't even played a single down with Tua as his QB. :facepalm1:
            Practice.....with no one rushing him. Kinda funny though as Waddle and Davonte Smith BOTH said before their draft, they would pic Mac Jones over Tua for their QB .
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-11-2022, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Not advocating for this but Wolfe available...

Human garbage imo but watch out for potential interest.
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

That’s the thing though. Rich owners rarely like to pay for things when they can bend a city over backwards for their favorite team.
                Pretty sure they did a cost analysis keeping the team + new stadium versus losing the team.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Keeler: If Russell Wilson is serious about changing culture of Broncos organization, he can start with Melvin Gordon.

Gordon needs to change the perception that Mel G was out for Mel G. Not for his teammates. Not for his coaches. Not for the Broncos faithful who, deep down, really do want him to succeed.
                  Han, The Denver Post

Denver Broncos running back Melvin Gordon III (25) practices at the UCHealth Training Center in Centennial, Colorado, Monday, June 13, 2022.By SEAN KEELER | skeeler@denverpost.com | The Denver Post
                  June 14, 2022 at 5:45 a.m.

If Russell Wilson is serious about changing the Broncos’ culture, he can start with Melvin Gordon.

It’s not talent. It’s perception. It’s Gordon’s self-awareness. And his sometimes curious lack thereof.

With Drew Lock and Teddy Bridgewater on opposite coasts, Gordon, Denver’s veteran time-share tailback, might be pushing wideout Jerry Jeudy among Broncos Country as Dove Valley’s most divisive offensive player.

With No. 25, there’s not much footing left when it comes to finding middle ground. Depending on whom you ask, Gordon is either an underrated, strong, confident, misunderstood fantasy-league workhorse or a selfish, me-first, fumble-prone headache.

The truth probably lies, as it usually does, somewhere in the middle. But Gordon didn’t exactly silence the detractors and haters when he was one of the most notable absences during voluntary organized team activities (OTAs) for a franchise that’s breaking in a new coach, new coordinators and a new franchise quarterback.

Nor does it quiet the dissent when he shows up to UCHealth Training Center and says this:

“I don’t go to OTAs,” Gordon noted Monday after the first day of the Broncos’ mandatory — and final — spring mini-camp. “I wasn’t really pressed.”

Dude’s honest, though. Gotta give him that.

“It’s kind of hard when you’re trying to self-teach yourself (a new scheme) and you miss out on some small details that I was trying to pick up (Monday), actually being out here,” Gordon continued. “But for the most part, I kind of got things. It’s just kind of going out there and hearing Russell say it out loud.”

It’s no small detail that Gordon and Big Russ made magic at Wisconsin a decade ago. You get the feeling that No. 25 is back in Orange and Blue, in part, because of a) Wilson’s endorsement; and b) because general manager George Paton didn’t find a better, cheaper option he liked more in the draft.

“You can’t have too many good running backs,” head coach Nathaniel Hackett said. “He’s a powerful runner downhill and at the same time, he can stretch it with the outside zone. We’re happy to have him and happy to integrate him.”

How happy, though, remains to be seen. The eye test and the metrics agree — 2022 should be Javonte Williams’ turn at the wheel, at least as far as where the top spot on the tailback depth chart stands going into training camp. Since Hackett cares more about his job than your fantasy team, he’s going to ride the hottest pair of hands, whoever’s mitts those turn out to be.

And maybe having to fight for touches will be the kick in the pants Gordon needs at this juncture in his pro career. He sounded more than up for it Monday when I asked how he felt about coming back to a franchise whose fans had emotionally, if not mentally, already moved on to Williams as their guy.

“George (Paton), when I was at the table, I told him, ‘You know, I’m not gonna lay down,’” Gordon replied. “‘No, I’m not gonna lay down, man.’

“I’ve always had that mindset that I’ve got to go get it. (Even if) they bring in someone in here to take the job. I know a lot of people wanted me to take the backseat. And, you know, I get it. It’s been like that for a while. When I was with the Chargers, everyone wanted Austin (Ekeler) to start. I just come out here and I do my thing.

“Thanks for the motivation, everybody. I appreciate your extra motivation. I need it, you know. I need it.”

After nearly 2,300 scrimmage yards and 20 total touchdowns over the past two seasons, it’s not a numbers thing, Mel. It’s not a production thing. It’s not even a he-took-Phillip Lindsay’s-job thing.

It’s a trust thing.

It was a DUI charge in the fall of 2020. It was Gordon running of bounds — twice! — rather than killing clock on a drive that could’ve preserved a win over the Raiders in Week 17 of that same season.

It was ball security. The Post charted No. 25 with three lost fumbles last fall. Two of them were returned for touchdowns the other way — including a back-breaker by the Chiefs in Vic Fangio’s home finale. Another Empower Field giveway handed Washington the ball back at the Denver 24 with 21 seconds left while the hosts clung to a 17-10 lead. (A lead the Broncos kept. Barely.)

Which goes back to, ya know, the whole self-awareness thing. And the perception, to this point, that Mel G was out for Mel G. Not for his teammates. Not for his coaches. Not for the Broncos faithful who, deep down, really do want him to succeed.

“The goal,” Gordon said, “is to make them want to play me.”

The goal is to win. Which is why small details matter. Why spring workouts matter. Why inches matter. Just ask Uncle Vic, whose tenure died, gasping for air, inside those inches’ cold, clenched fists.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

I don’t miss Mel at all. I’m happy to see him in the AFCW too. Just not a winner.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      Not advocating for this but Wolfe available...

Human garbage imo but watch out for potential interest.
                      An injury settlement at this time of year usually means a player who has a very serious injury.
                      https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-derek-wolfe/

https://nfltraderumors.co/ravens-releasing-dl-derek-wolfe-with-injury-settlement/

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        I don’t miss Mel at all. I’m happy to see him in the AFCW too. Just not a winner.
                        Me either. Dumbest holdout ever - he's clueless.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

An injury settlement at this time of year usually means a player who has a very serious injury.
                          https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-derek-wolfe/

https://nfltraderumors.co/ravens-releasing-dl-derek-wolfe-with-injury-settlement/

He's not injured.
                          he's a fraud.
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X