• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

All Pro LT Tyron Smith and the Cowboys are parting ways. Apparently.
    Smith is an 8-time Pro Bowler, 2-time 1st team All Pro, and 3-time 2nd team All Pro.
    He turned 33 in Dec - he's an older player but not ancient for an NFL O-lineman. (The 49ers' Trent Williams is going to be 36 in July and has been a 1st team AP for the past three seasons, for example.)

Would Tyron Smith be willing to accept RT money to replace Pipkins?
    Would the Cowboys want to trade up for Joe Alt?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

No, there is not a correlation between accepting the past and forgetting the past. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive.

This has gotten stale.
      No shit . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        The Athletic's Dianna Russini is hearing some things at the Combine.

QBs could easily go 1-2-3-4, with AZ trading down.

We may have to hope for a Charger trade down, with some JJ McCarthy buzz (could be part of why the forward thinking Jim Harbaugh talked him up).

Or we may face a choice of MHJ or Nabers, or BB, a tough choice indeed.
        I think a lot of teams would love this tough choice!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

And why not?
          He has very little experience with effective in game management, which is par for the course with Staley.
          Staley sucked at calling a defense but his in game management was definitely better than most even if they sometimes didn’t work out. I feel like his role for Shanahan will be similar to this guy for McVay.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Staley sucked at calling a defense but his in game management was definitely better than most even if they sometimes didn’t work out. I feel like his role for Shanahan will be similar to this guy for McVay.

https://www.si.com/nfl/rams/news/los...john-streicher
            I read that Staley was hired to be the backup play caller for the new DC, who has no experience in play calling. So, if they need to make a switch, it would be pretty seamless to Staley.. What ever Shanahan has in mind for him as the Asst. HC, probably would just replace what Lynn was doing. In any case, the Niners help the Chargers out by paying some of the salary due to Staley

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Antonio Pierce is really easy to dislike. Raiders HC is enough in itself, but he is one of the most arrogant people I have ever listened to. At least that is how he comes off. And I see a rough road ahead with him and TT. Pierce refers to him publicly as 'Telesco" and has made a lot of condescending/dismissive comments about him. He seems like the worst possible pairing with buttoned down, formal and professional Tom Telesco.

He seems to want to channel the bravado and talk of Dan Campbell without the endearing, caring side of Dan Campbell. He just comes off like a loud mouth bozo.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I read that Staley was hired to be the backup play caller for the new DC, who has no experience in play calling. So, if they need to make a switch, it would be pretty seamless to Staley.. What ever Shanahan has in mind for him as the Asst. HC, probably would just replace what Lynn was doing. In any case, the Niners help the Chargers out by paying some of the salary due to Staley
                I dunno. If I am the new DC and already unsure of myself the last thing I want is a guy like Staley as my "advisor". Just seems like it adds unnecessary pressure. Nothing personal against Staley, just seems like a really bad dynamic. One thing for sure, this is the last former Charger HC that Shanahan can hire to be his asst head coach.

TG

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  Antonio Pierce is really easy to dislike. Raiders HC is enough in itself, but he is one of the most arrogant people I have ever listened to. At least that is how he comes off. And I see a rough road ahead with him and TT. Pierce refers to him publicly as 'Telesco" and has made a lot of condescending/dismissive comments about him. He seems like the worst possible pairing with buttoned down, formal and professional Tom Telesco.

He seems to want to channel the bravado and talk of Dan Campbell without the endearing, caring side of Dan Campbell. He just comes off like a loud mouth bozo.

TG
                  I think he is in for a rude awakening. He probably didn't.agree with the Telesco hire and wanted their intern guy.
                  Now JoJo is the asst GM and not the other guy. Pierce is in a division with HCs that all have been to SBs, have won some and won a Natty and he has 9 career games as a HC with Telesco.

I give him 2 years and fired and will blame Telesco, and I give Telesco 3 to 4 years and fired.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

RIP Chris Mortenson

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Jason Kelce officially retires. One of the best to ever do it. And remember he was a 6th round pick.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

So, the Raiders could be looking to trade up in the draft to get a QB...

Raiders Exploring Trade Up In First Round (msn.com)

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          Jason Kelce officially retires. One of the best to ever do it. And remember he was a 6th round pick.
                          Wasn't Linsley 5th round or so as well?

Hope we can replicate this.

TG

Comment

Working...
                          X