• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Would you sign him and then trade Mike or Keenan?
    Hadn't thought of that - that could actually be advantageous depending on the salaries involved, AND finding a sucker who wants to pay Mike or Keenan's current bloated contracts.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Guyton (Gumbey) and now we have Pokey Too!

Gumby and Pokey. Who needs DHop?

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

then trade Mike or Keenan?
        To whom?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Agreed - but I can think of many areas that need improvement more than our WR group . . . . . . . and there's no way in hell Dhop plays for even remotely close to the vet minimum . . . . . . he's coming off a 2 year 54mil contract - I'm sure his version of a discount would be to play for 10mil / year.
          I understand why the Chargers probably shouldn['t sign DHop. I think they need TE, S &/or Edge more than WR. But he is one heckuva player, if healthy. And if the Chiefs and Bills are calling about - hopefully the Chargers are too.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Would you sign him and then trade Mike or Keenan?
            The good - the contracts of Keenan and MWill are easily tradeable - they are the veteran minimum - every team in the league - could absorb them easily. And the team trading for them would worry about 2024 in 2024

I just do not see the Chargers doing this. And thats fine - just as long as Telesco is still working on the roster.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I understand why the Chargers probably shouldn['t sign DHop. I think they need TE, S &/or Edge more than WR. But he is one heckuva player, if healthy. And if the Chiefs and Bills are calling about - hopefully the Chargers are too.
              I know he's good . . . . . . but I'd rather have a couple of 5 mil / year quality backup edge rushers . . . . . . . that position scares me

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

If he was really serious about winning he'd go play for the chiefs at the vet minimum . . . . . . . .

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2023
                  • Send PM

We could offer more he gets more money and he’s playing with Herbert. That’s enough for me.

we are deep. We took care of defense in the draft. Who you gonna sign?

I say sign D Hop and just make it tough on teams like the Chiefs.

Look Herbert will torch teams.

that’s up to you to decide what you want to do.

Hopkins Allen Williams or Johnston?

just like the warriors with Steph and Klay. You can’t key in on one.

Eckler can run for 1500 yds. Cause you ain’t putting 10 in the box.

im not just saying that. Our defense is improved. Bosa at Otas Tutu Henley Mack James Jackson Samuel.

we got a squad.

why the fuck would I want to play with Mac Jones when I can go play with Justin Herbert?

the guy is a leader no ego. Great guy. I’m playing with him.

not just saying it. This is a super bowl team.

I saw it when the Rams got Beckham. Kupp balled out cause you had to watch out for Beckham. Left Beckham with one on one coverage which made Stafford have a pro bowl season. Herbert would be an MVP. Either way he is but this will be so nuts. We might score 30 points every game.

like when Brady got Randy Moss

I also think Hopkins as a possession receiver just opens it for Johnston down the field.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

we don't need him - the Chargers WR room is fine.
                    Can't afford him anyways unless anyone thinks he will sign for 7-8 mil.
                    I do not. And even then we may have to cut someone as we need to keep some season injury money.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Fine isn't beating the Chiefs and Bills He would be better than anybody at WR - if healthy - the Chargers currently have.
                      Why do the Chiefs want him - they won the Super Bowl?

Bills won 13 games or whatever - thinking about signing him.

Telesco doesn't need to sign DHop but his job is far from done on this roster and he has the money to do.
                      Interesting,....he is the same age as Keenan and missed more games last season and Keenan is too old but Hopkins isn't?

And nobody said the Chiefs want him. The Chiefs is one of the teams Hopkins wants, which includes us.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Interesting,....he is the same age as Keenan and missed more games last season and Keenan is too old but Hopkins isn't?
                        Another case of the grass is always greener on the other side of the street.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          Another case of the grass is always greener on the other side of the street.
                          Agree....I bet other teams fans think we are loaded at WR while we still think we need to sign Hopkins and trade KA or MW.

Comment

Working...
                          X