• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    GrappaLoaf in mid season form! He doesn’t need training camp to get there.

I guess this means he passed his medicals and the Raiders cannot void his contract, since he is playing in camp?

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

My post-grad degree is from UMd College Park, so I’m not a hater here at all. But they have been one of the reliable door mats of the B10, aka Indiana, Rutgers since they joined, or (usually) Minnesota; a tomato can for the bigs to pound into the turf while tuning up for important conference games.

They have shown possible growth the last couple years, losing less. Overall Conf Record is 23-52, but 4-5 last year. This may, though, support my fear that ridiculously large conferences will result in years were average teams have better records based on which teams they draw that year.

UMD lost to UM, Purdue, Wi, OSU and Penn State, usually by a lot (Purdue game was only close game)
      UMD beat Rutgers, Indiana, NW, and MSU - Michigan state is the only usually decent program in that win group but they were a lousy 3-6 in conference last year.

It is great for UMd to be in B10, agree on that. BTW - Zay Flowers, 1st of 2nd fave here by many (me included) for our WR is reportedly uncoverable in his camp - absolutely killing their defense almost every rep. My tape review of him predicted that - what jumped out to me was not just that he was fast, but he ran very disciplined and precise routes.
      I suppose in a few years, we may still be debating whether QJ or Zay was the better pick...does Zay have any issues dropping the rock?

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I suppose in a few years, we may still be debating whether QJ or Zay was the better pick...does Zay have any issues dropping the rock?
        I was a Zay fan and wasn't happy that they passed on him. But now, what we're seeing of Q in TC makes me think he's a good pick, I guess they both are?
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
          Does the Pac-10 (Pac-12) still own the rights to the Rose Bowl game?
          If so, it seems they still have leverage. Why not incorporate some of those Mountain West teams into the Pac-10 (Pac-12)...?

Oregon State, Washington State, Cal, Stanford, Boise State, Air Force, Colorado State, Fresno State, San Diego State, Wyoming, New Mexico, and UNLV. Most of those schools have been competitive in various sports over the years. I'm sure the Mountain West teams would appreciate the TV revenues generated by Pac-12.
          Ultimately the Pac-? still has to get a TV contract , and not just on its own house network A regional merge like that makes sense, but how do you make that new conference viable to compete on TV beyond the western US? I guess at this point is who really needs the merger the most... the MWC or the PAC-4.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Ultimately the Pac-? still has to get a TV contract , and not just on its own house network A regional merge like that makes sense, but how do you make that new conference viable to compete on TV beyond the western US? I guess at this point is who really needs the merger the most... the MWC or the PAC-4.
            It'll be an incredible come down when the remaining PAC teams are 'allowed' into the Mountain West, but as newcomers get less than the established teams . . . . . . . . . . but what else can they do? All be independents? They'll starve for sure . . . . . . . .

ACC is next. No way the Florida teams will accept approx 1/2 of what the SEC teams are getting - the grumblings already started and the writing's on the wall. SEC will gladly open their arms for Miami, Florida and FSU at some point, and probably sooner that we think . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Does the Pac-10 (Pac-12) still own the rights to the Rose Bowl game?
              If so, it seems they still have leverage. Why not incorporate some of those Mountain West teams into the Pac-10 (Pac-12)...?

Oregon State, Washington State, Cal, Stanford, Boise State, Air Force, Colorado State, Fresno State, San Diego State, Wyoming, New Mexico, and UNLV. Most of those schools have been competitive in various sports over the years. I'm sure the Mountain West teams would appreciate the TV revenues generated by Pac-12.
              The Mountain West is a weak conference which of they do that, it makes the Pac 12 weaker. Or using a more realistic term,...crap.
              Moving up some scrub teams don't make it better for recruiting if the conference still sucks. Replacing USC, UCLA and Utah with Wyoming, New Mexico and shitty UNLV is a laugher. I'm sure UNLV won't get an invite lol

Comment

• colorado
                Fan since '62
                • Jun 2023
                • Desert Rat
                • Nothing but time on my hands
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

It'll be an incredible come down when the remaining PAC teams are 'allowed' into the Mountain West, but as newcomers get less than the established teams . . . . . . . . . . but what else can they do? All be independents? They'll starve for sure . . . . . . . .

ACC is next. No way the Florida teams will accept approx 1/2 of what the SEC teams are getting - the grumblings already started and the writing's on the wall. SEC will gladly open their arms for Miami, Florida and FSU at some point, and probably sooner that we think . . . . . . . . .
                Oklahoma and Texas as of next year are SEC. I'm glad being an OU fan. Better competition all around and same conference as Alabama.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The Mountain West is a weak conference which of they do that, it makes the Pac 12 weaker. Or using a more realistic term,...crap.
                  Moving up some scrub teams don't make it better for recruiting if the conference still sucks. Replacing USC, UCLA and Utah with Wyoming, New Mexico and shitty UNLV is a laugher. I'm sure UNLV won't get an invite lol

New Mexico and UNLV were chosen because they tend to have good basketball teams.
                  What other choice does the Pac-4 have...?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

New Mexico and UNLV were chosen because they tend to have good basketball teams.
                    What other choice does the Pac-4 have...?
                    Their BB team is decent. The rest of their teams are crap. UNLV don't deserve to be in the PAC 12....4, 6 whichever it will be.
                    Like i said the MW is weak and the choices suck, which means the PAC 12 will suck.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Their BB team is decent. The rest of their teams are crap. UNLV don't deserve to be in the PAC 12....4, 6 whichever it will be.
                      Like i said the MW is weak and the choices suck, which means the PAC 12 will suck.
                      Well, I guess the PAC-4 it is then...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Well, I guess the PAC-4 it is then...
                        SDSU is an obvious choice . Football teams have been better and the BB teams are good but didn't SDSU recind? Fresno St is ok but not sure if any of the other teams are any good.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Florida is a founding member of SEC and current member. The others are not in SEC … yet.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X