• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    One the reasons NE drafted Wynn was that we had beaten them to Lamp and especially Feeney.

There was even an attempt to trade up by NE.

Criticism of Telesco ought to be tempered by the knowledge that he has made some moves that many other savvy GMs would have made also...see Franklin/Lamp.

Our issues have included Telesco's too frequent miscalculations, and basically his shitty luck, but mostly, our issues are organizational, ie player development.

Passionate venting does not necessarily translate to solid football takes.

How about if we just hang in there, and see what happens in the second quarter of the season ?
    Commenting on liking Wynn is passionate venting and not a sound football take??? WTH?

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I was hoping to get him in the 2nd since he was rated as a guard. Nope, quality O lineman go higher than expected.
      he actually began the process @the OC by most accounts, as plenty of peoples had a hard time seeing him @tackle.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Where does "liking Wynn" fit in with the Fix for the Oline ?

It is part of the 20-20 hindsight narrative loutish posters are making.

Go ahead and look at all the facts, all the drafts, all the picks.

Be thorough and keep it real...I did...I am Oline obssessed...studied for endless hours every draft...half the guys I liked are shit...eg Billy Price.

There's about three moves we might have made.
        1. Trade up for Lane Johnson...no way Raiders would have traded in division.
        2. Sign Andrew Whitworth...he wanted LA, but only the Rams...still playing well as he approaches 40 YO.
        3. The classic...go Ronnie Stanley or Jack Conklin or Laremy Tunsil--Chris Jones--Austin Hooper instead of Joey Bosa--Hunter Henry--Max Tuerk...this was never going to happen.

In season, it is always best to hope the Oline stays healthy and comes together...give Campen some time...he has been known to make chicken cordon bleu out of chicken excrement.

:smile:
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I liked Wynn a lot - and so did you Wood. But, if I had been in Telesco's shoes in that draft I would have taken James just as he did. James was just too talented to pass up. But, there have been plenty of other opportunities to take some OL help that he passed up on. At his point in time though, I'm pleased to see Feeney and Lamp paying off. When Bulaga and Turner are back in there this OL will be pretty decent.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Where does "liking Wynn" fit in with the Fix for the Oline ?

It is part of the 20-20 hindsight narrative loutish posters are making.

Go ahead and look at all the facts, all the drafts, all the picks.

Be thorough and keep it real...I did...I am Oline obssessed...studied for endless hours every draft...half the guys I liked are shit...eg Billy Price.

There's about three moves we might have made.
            1. Trade up for Lane Johnson...no way Raiders would have traded in division.
            2. Sign Andrew Whitworth...he wanted LA, but only the Rams...still playing well as he approaches 40 YO.
            3. The classic...go Ronnie Stanley or Jack Conklin or Laremy Tunsil--Chris Jones--Austin Hooper instead of Joey Bosa--Hunter Henry--Max Tuerk...this was never going to happen.

In season, it is always best to hope the Oline stays healthy and comes together...give Campen some time...he has been known to make chicken cordon bleu out of chicken excrement.

:smile:
            "loutish" ....mmmm,

well yahoo to you too wu....

my personal vantage point (besides the hindsight one is that TT & staff gets reams of info, in person visits and real NFL confidants to work with, and while eye get the Web, and so yes....

I'm gonna take hindsight and run with it.... Vita Vea made an Isaiah Wynn wished for much easier, albeit like you, did have my eyes on Price for a time or coupla few.

tough game, this draft shoot.... you roughian,
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              I liked Wynn a lot - and so did you Wood. YES. But, if I had been in Telesco's shoes in that draft I would have taken James just as he did. James was just too talented to pass up. But, there have been plenty of other opportunities to take some OL help that he passed up on. EXAMPLES PLZ. At his point in time though, I'm pleased to see Feeney and Lamp paying off. When Bulaga and Turner are back in there this OL will be pretty decent.
              I WILL BE GLAD TO HAVE A REAL DISCUSSION ABOUT OLINE.

:deadhorse:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

"loutish" ....mmmm,

well yahoo to you too wu....

my personal vantage point (besides the hindsight one is that TT & staff gets reams of info, in person visits and real NFL confidants to work with, and while eye get the Web, and so yes....

I'm gonna take hindsight and run with it.... Vita Vea made an Isaiah Wynn wished for much easier, albeit like you, did have my eyes on Price for a time or coupla few.

tough game, this draft shoot.... you roughian,
                Look it up.
                This place is "churlish."
                Part of the "swinish masses."
                Bunch of schmelly Trenchers.
                Count me in.

Jus' tryin' to give Campen a little more time...

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Wood, I'm not going to look up the list of the OL that I liked and had hoped we would get. In fact, I know anyone could simply say the guy we took was better. It's all about opinions. When I say I keep seeing OT's on other teams that I had hoped we would get, again, it's just my opinion. I also need to admit that I don't really take into effect how good the guy is that we took - I simply think I liked that guy and now he's playing well for another team - taking it one step further it seems I value the OL more than others. There are some that post in here that would never take an OL early in the draft - they always want a WR/RB. There are also some that call those of us that prefer to fill in the OL "trenchers" - which does seem a bit degrading.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

I WILL BE GLAD TO HAVE A REAL DISCUSSION ABOUT OLINE.

:deadhorse:
                    That discussion begins and ends with Scar

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

OK.
                      Good post.
                      Degrading ?
                      Not really.
                      It could just as easily be argued that the Oline touters are lecturing the rest of us,
                      ​​​​jysin the vein of we don't care about enough about what happens up front.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

"Trenchers" is an affectionate term.

I include myself in this group, 'Roo, everyone.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

That discussion begins and ends with Scar
                          Dante retired...again.
                          Maybe Spanos will offer him a big contract.

Comment

Working...
                          X