They are all awful.

Bob Kraft.
    Jerry Jones.
    Marc Davis.
    Jimmy Haslam.
    Bob Irsay.
    Danny Snyder.

I could go on and on.

The only owners I never hear or read anything bad about are the Rooneys. And it is encouraging that they have such a successful franchise while also being good people.

TG
    I have an issue with the 49ers ownership meddling in Santa Clara city politics, using their money to stack the City Council with politicians who put the 49ers before the city.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Charges refiled against Mixon for brandishing a firearm at a women in a road rage incident. Bet someone came forward with cell or dashcam video after he tried to lie his way out of it...either way, they got something on him...they wouldnt have doubled back lightly after already dropping it. Good...pos in my opinion...
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        Charges refiled against Mixon for brandishing a firearm at a women in a road rage incident. Bet someone came forward with cell or dashcam video after he tried to lie his way out of it...either way, they got something on him...they wouldnt have doubled back lightly after already dropping it. Good...pos in my opinion...
        I wonder what goes through these guys heads sometimes . . . . . so MUCH to lose, and for what??? Do they think they're so entitled that the rules don't apply to them? Or more likely the don't 'think' at all . . . .

At least twice a year some idiot ballplayer tries to go through airport security with a gun - JHC!

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Ohio is conceal/carry with no permit needed. The "menacing" charge is a misdemeanor.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
            Ohio is conceal/carry with no permit needed. The "menacing" charge is a misdemeanor.
            Are you implying that, because it's a misdemeanor this is no big deal?

The point is not whether he was authorized to carry, or what level of punishment he faces, but the fact that he was stupid enough to brandished a weapon. As a misdemeanor he'll probably get a fine and (maybe) community service, but once you have a gun in your hand things can go wrong very quickly. This situation could have ended very differently - thankfully no-one was hurt.

As we've seen with Eckler's contract saga RB's are essentially a dime a dozen (even good ones). Even though law enforcement will not do much with this, do you think that this incident will be helpful in his next contract negotiation?

Comment

• eaterfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

He also punched a woman and broke her face. I don't know the guy, but he seems to have an anger management issue and problems with women.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I'm not implying anything. It is what it is... Ohio law recognizes this as no big deal. Brandish all you'd like... just don't "menace"... that'll get you a fine.
                A fine that can be easily paid by a millionaire. I assume the state had that in mind in the first place.

As for Joe Mixon's contract and future earnings... the club can eat the $5.5 million, previously paid, dead cap. Or they can keep him on @$13 million per the contract. @ barely over 800 yards rushing this year, I doubt they were keeping him anyways. Like you said... a dime a dozen. If owners aren't gonna pay or trade for a guy who just scored 38 total TD's the last 2 seasons... well, then...

Hopefully, Joe saved and invested well. Thankfully, no one got hurt.
                How does one "menace" anyways...?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

I'm not implying anything. It is what it is... Ohio law recognizes this as no big deal. Brandish all you'd like... just don't "menace"... that'll get you a fine.
                  A fine that can be easily paid by a millionaire. I assume the state had that in mind in the first place.

As for Joe Mixon's contract and future earnings... the club can eat the $5.5 million, previously paid, dead cap. Or they can keep him on @$13 million per the contract. @ barely over 800 yards rushing this year, I doubt they were keeping him anyways. Like you said... a dime a dozen. If owners aren't gonna pay or trade for a guy who just scored 38 total TD's the last 2 seasons... well, then...

Pointing the gun, or gesturing/indicating the gun while verbally threatening...

Only two reasons to bring out the piece...to use it to defend a life, or to deter/scare off an attacker...I doubt Mixon or anyone else was in danger from that woman...he was probably being the raging butthole that he is...hopefully good riddance.
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Re: Mixon

I pride myself in being a "die hard Charger fan"
                    a "just win" guy, a "do whatever it takes" "nothing changing my fandom" fan.
                    but if we start employing enough thugs and turn into the raiders, I can see myself bowing out sooner rather than later.
                    I know its easy to preach a moral stance, but I really don't like rooting for thugs like Mixon.
                    We can, and do, do better, hope that continues.
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

They are all awful.

Bob Kraft.
                      Jerry Jones.
                      Marc Davis.
                      Jimmy Haslam.
                      Bob Irsay.
                      Danny Snyder.

I could go on and on.

The only owners I never hear or read anything bad about are the Rooneys. And it is encouraging that they have such a successful franchise while also being good people.

TG
                      For the most part, they take a huge cut out of the profits and add nothing to the value or appeal of the game.
                      They convene once a year and vote on rules changes - big effen deal.
                      A few each year try to strong arm a city into giving them financial handouts.

Collectively, they are completely useless and unproductive.
                      If anyone of them keeled over with a heart attack, it would be as impactful as any peanut vendor quitting.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Are you implying that, because it's a misdemeanor this is no big deal?

The point is not whether he was authorized to carry, or what level of punishment he faces, but the fact that he was stupid enough to brandished a weapon. As a misdemeanor he'll probably get a fine and (maybe) community service, but once you have a gun in your hand things can go wrong very quickly. This situation could have ended very differently - thankfully no-one was hurt.

As we've seen with Eckler's contract saga RB's are essentially a dime a dozen (even good ones). Even though law enforcement will not do much with this, do you think that this incident will be helpful in his next contract negotiation?

Ekeler is not easily replaceable, Joe Mixon is.
                        If you compare Ekeler's worth to the team, with any other Charger, you'd go away thinking he's underpaid.

Didn't Mixon try to pay the woman off before the story made the news? He's an old hand at it.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

I’m gonna bet he maybe brandished his money around a bit, the Mixon till may be low.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X