• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

There are many slight players that didnt last long. Fred Smoot? He was good til he got broken. McCluster lol, ....165 lbs. He played for some years but as a RB he had only 1 season with at least 100 carries and never came close again. The Chiefs also drafted DeAnthoney Thomas who only returns kicks at 175 lbs. Many Bolt fans wanted that guy. I wsnt one of them lol.

Who was that little guy the Broncos drafted late or was a UDFA who returned KO's? Man he was small and got blasted one time into oblivian. I think he was only 5'5" 160 or something from LSU. I thought he was going to get seriously disabled in the league.

Now Gainwell is a lot bigger than those guys so im not trying to slide him in there, but i just want players that wont be hurt all the time and can break some tackles at RB. There are many more options who can also catch than Gainwell and we have Ek to play out wide or in the slot at times.
    Damn near everybody gets broken in this game.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2020
      • Send PM

The 10 most underrated quarterbacks in NFL history

by Brad Berreman8
      1. Ken Anderson

Before Joe Montana made it cool and won a bunch of rings in San Francisco, and other iterations of the system followed, it was Anderson who piloted the West Coast offense under a Bengals’ assistant named Bill Walsh. In four full seasons (1972-1975) with Walsh, Anderson led the NFL in passing yards twice (1974 and 1975), yards per attempt twice (1974 and 1975 again) and completion percentage once (64.9 percent in 1974).

But Anderson was not done when Walsh left Cincinnati. He earned a Pro Bowl nod in 1976, then won league MVP in 1981 when he threw for 3,754 yards with 29 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. The Bengals reached Super Bowl XVI, losing to the 49ers with Walsh as the head coach.

Anderson led the league in completion percentage again in 1982 (70.6 percent) and 1983 (66.7 percent). That mark in 1982 stood alone as the single-season NFL record until 2009, and only Drew Brees (four times) and Sam Bradford (once) have topped it. Anderson also led the league in passer rating four times in his 16-year career (1971-1986), all with the Bengals.

Somehow, Anderson has yet to get a call to take his rightful place in the Hall of Fame. After 30 years of being snubbed, he recently told Sporting News he’s no longer worried about it.

“I don’t think twice about it, to be honest with you, except those times of year when it comes time for the election and somebody will call and say, ‘What do you think?’” “Other than that, it doesn’t cross my mind.”

“I guess the only time I was disappointed was the first time I was eligible, and I got into the final 15 and didn’t make it, and then it was disappointing… My dream was fulfilled when I got a chance to play professional football for 16 years.”

Dave Krieg is another underrated QB who comes to mind during that same era.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

OG Senio Kelemete just released, played a bunch of games for the Aints, don’t know if there would be any interest
        took a 1 year contract recently with Texans so he should be affordable
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

I guess if we're using weight as our only guide, it's only fair to start a list of guys that 205 lbs or less:

RB:
          Walter Payton (200)
          Barry Sanders (203)
          Tony Dorssett (192) 5'11" Exact same size as Gainwell right now (assuming he hasn't already put on muscle this last year).
          Marcus Allen (210) Slight for a 6'2" RB
          Thurman Thomas (200)

I could list WR's... Welker, Chrebet, Joiner, Alworth... just off the top of my head...

I take it no one bothered to watch the film analysis...?

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Jeremiah has Slater rated higher than Sewell...
            Daniel has his lists for his own reason. Some panned out. Some not so much.

Check out 2018.

2 years later, I would think he would like a major re-do on many of his Top 50.
            Daniel Jeremiah locks in his ranking of the 2018 NFL Draft's top 50 prospects with one final update. Sam Darnold remains the No. 1 QB on his board, while Roquan Smith rises a couple spots in the top 10.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Chargers RB's coach: Derrick Foster. Former Employer: Iowa Hawkeyes. Starting RB @Iowa: Tyler Goodson (5'10", 200lbs) Iowa's blocking scheme: Outside Zone

Find RB's and OL accordingly.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                I guess if we're using weight as our only guide, it's only fair to start a list of guys that 205 lbs or less:

RB:
                Walter Payton (200)
                Barry Sanders (203)
                Tony Dorssett (192) 5'11" Exact same size as Gainwell right now (assuming he hasn't already put on muscle this last year).
                Thurman Thomas (200)

I could list WR's... Welker, Chrebet, Joiner, Alworth... just off the top of my head...

Average weight of offensive linemen has changed drastically......

Today the number stands at 315, more than 60 pounds heavier than 50 years ago.Jul 6, 2020
                Comparing different eras isn’t apples to apples.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

RB:
                  Walter Payton (200)
                  Barry Sanders (203)
                  Thurman Thomas (200)

Tony Dorsett played at a time when Joe Green was a monster at 270 lbs as a NT.

No wonder Jim Brown was running over everybody in his day back then. He was their size.

Fred Dean was a 230 LB DE.
                  Do you want our DEs playing at 230 today?

Can we stay in the late 90's to 2000's at least? That's over 20 years ago.

You talking 30 and 40+ years ago.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-23-2021, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Tony Dorsett played at a time when Joe Green was a monster at 270 lbs as a NT.

No wonder Jim Brown was running over everybody in his day back then. He was their size.

Fred Dean was a 230 LB DE.
                    Do you want our DEs playing at 230 today?

Can we stay in the late 90's to 2000's at least? That's over 20 years ago.

You talking 30 and 40+ years ago.
                    Q. Nelson would eat Mean Joe alive today. Flat back him every other play.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

I couldn't resist not posting this on Cowherd and Lvar talking about coaching in the NFL and Cronyism. Definitely worth a listen.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Daniel has his lists for his own reason. Some panned out. Some not so much.

Check out 2018.

2 years later, I would think he would like a major re-do on many of his Top 50.
                        Good point...even Jeremiah whiffs at times...at least he's usually an upgrade over Mel Kiper...

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
                          The 10 most underrated quarterbacks in NFL history

by Brad Berreman8
                          1. Ken Anderson

Before Joe Montana made it cool and won a bunch of rings in San Francisco, and other iterations of the system followed, it was Anderson who piloted the West Coast offense under a Bengals’ assistant named Bill Walsh. In four full seasons (1972-1975) with Walsh, Anderson led the NFL in passing yards twice (1974 and 1975), yards per attempt twice (1974 and 1975 again) and completion percentage once (64.9 percent in 1974).

But Anderson was not done when Walsh left Cincinnati. He earned a Pro Bowl nod in 1976, then won league MVP in 1981 when he threw for 3,754 yards with 29 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. The Bengals reached Super Bowl XVI, losing to the 49ers with Walsh as the head coach.

Anderson led the league in completion percentage again in 1982 (70.6 percent) and 1983 (66.7 percent). That mark in 1982 stood alone as the single-season NFL record until 2009, and only Drew Brees (four times) and Sam Bradford (once) have topped it. Anderson also led the league in passer rating four times in his 16-year career (1971-1986), all with the Bengals.

Somehow, Anderson has yet to get a call to take his rightful place in the Hall of Fame. After 30 years of being snubbed, he recently told Sporting News he’s no longer worried about it.

“I don’t think twice about it, to be honest with you, except those times of year when it comes time for the election and somebody will call and say, ‘What do you think?’” “Other than that, it doesn’t cross my mind.”

“I guess the only time I was disappointed was the first time I was eligible, and I got into the final 15 and didn’t make it, and then it was disappointing… My dream was fulfilled when I got a chance to play professional football for 16 years.”

Dave Krieg is another underrated QB who comes to mind during that same era.
                          Jim Zorn was the Seahawks QB I was originally thinking of and not Dave Krieg who was quite solid as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X