• Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I’m not a fan of that world
    Me too... I prefer the AFC West world with Josh McCown, Tyler Thigpen and Jay Cutler

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Hearing that Mariota being released after trade talks stall (can’t confirm)
      If he doesn’t start somewhere maybe he takes backup money here?
      quack attack at quarterback?
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        I saw the name Jacoby Brissett linked to the Chargers as backup QB. Good name. I don't think Easton Stick will cut it.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I saw the name Jacoby Brissett linked to the Chargers as backup QB. Good name. I don't think Easton Stick will cut it.
          We have to keep Stick, he’s our new Cleo Lemon
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

He will land someplace to start id think. Maybe Washington if they sign him before the draft and dont draft a QB. Maybe Pittsburgh if contract dont work out with Ben, Chicago could sign him to mentor a rookie QB they draft. Denver has nothing to lose by signing him and then there is NE.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He will land someplace to start id think. Maybe Washington if they sign him before the draft and dont draft a QB. Maybe Pittsburgh if contract dont work out with Ben, Chicago could sign him to mentor a rookie QB they draft. Denver has nothing to lose by signing him and then there is NE.
              most likely ya.
              we cant afford to pay for FA backup QB with all our holes
              I will say that i'm looking to possibly draft (6th or 7th round) or sign an UDFA, athletic QB to challenge Stick
              small investment that might grow some trade value

speaking of UDFAs i'm thinking local (USC/UCLA or guys with family in LA) defensive guys might favor signing with us now that we have a defensive genius at HC
              save money on relocating far away
              maybe develop faster/better
              so i'm leaning towards using my 6ths and 7th rounder on OL depth and Special Teams
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

most likely ya.
                we cant afford to pay for FA backup QB with all our holes
                I will say that i'm looking to possibly draft (6th or 7th round) or sign an UDFA, athletic QB to challenge Stick
                small investment that might grow some trade value

speaking of UDFAs i'm thinking local (USC/UCLA or guys with family in LA) defensive guys might favor signing with us now that we have a defensive genius at HC
                save money on relocating far away
                maybe develop faster/better
                so i'm leaning towards using my 6ths and 7th rounder on OL depth and Special Teams
                Im with ya on Stick though. No idea how much he has improved and is one of those things you have to trust the coaches as we havent seen him play since in his rookie season in PS and he wasnt great then. So we could sign a vet backup or not.

If not then id think they feel he has made big strides but then again, we have a new staff lol. If we draft a QB later rounds then id think they dont think much of him.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2020
                  • Oklahoma
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

It is always puzzling to me when it is clearly an organizational issue coming from the executive level such as with the Texans where fans will side with the owners regardless. Why is it that owners get a pass with reneging on promises and contracts, but players do not?
                  Because the players don't own the asylum, the owners do. He can play for the contract he signed or sit out/retire. Then he can decide where to play, and if that team sucks a few years later too bad, stuck until the contract is up.
                  Unless of course the Texans get a good enough offer like 3 firsts and 3 seconds and Teddy Bridgewater or Sam Darnold.

Rivers never complained about a shit O Line or asked for a trade (at least publicly), Fouts never asked for a trade because the defense sucked, and past players didn't get to make nearly the money these young QBs will.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Oklahoma
                    • Send PM

We have to keep Stick, he’s our new Cleo Lemon
                    Regarding Brissett: Sure, but please Telesco don't overpay him to ride the pine like Tyrod. He's never taking us to a SB if Justin goes down for the year.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Because the players don't own the asylum, the owners do. He can play for the contract he signed or sit out/retire. Then he can decide where to play, and if that team sucks a few years later too bad, stuck until the contract is up.
                      Unless of course the Texans get a good enough offer like 3 firsts and 3 seconds and Teddy Bridgewater or Sam Darnold.

Rivers never complained about a shit O Line or asked for a trade (at least publicly), Fouts never asked for a trade because the defense sucked, and past players didn't get to make nearly the money these young QBs will.
                      Did Eli Manning make the correct decision to force a trade to a more functional organization at the time? It seems so because Eli will seem like a shoe into the Hall of Fame to go with his two SB championships, versus Rivers the better QB in my opinion.

The answer really depends on how you look at it..

I can’t blame Carson Palmer for wanting to part ways with the Bengals knowing what we know today about the dysfunction there. Marvin Lewis, I believe that his name, has had a far more successful career when you look back and compare his era to before he took over and since.. Poorly ran organizations can be very frustrating to work with I imagine.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

I think Eli made the right decision and agree Rivers was the better player but Eli will be the Hall Of Famer due to his good fortune of playing with the Giants.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

i (2).jpeg
                          i.jpeg

ESPN Analytics created revolutionary new metrics to measure performance in both the run and pass game. Here are the leaders for the 2020 season.

Anyone wanna chat win-rates?

Team Pass Block Win Rate
                          28. Pittsburgh Steelers, 51%
                          29. Cincinnati Bengals, 50%
                          29. New York Jets, 50%
                          31. Los Angeles Chargers, 47%
                          32. New York Giants, 46%

Get the latest sports betting and DFS news from the experts at FanDuel Research. Join our community of sports enthusiasts and take your game to the next level.

Struck me that Justin Houston has the same win-rate percentage as Joey Bosa. He's a free agent and he's 32. For age reference, Randall Godfrey was 31 when he signed a 3-year deal in 2004.

Comment

Working...
                          X