• Show
Clear All
  • OG619FrightninLightnin
    Let's do this!
    • Aug 2022
    • Raleigh N. Carolina
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerBooster View Post
    This Thursday, I am a (gasp), Detroit Lions fan. Rooting and pulling for them in their opener against the Chiefs. Arrowhead and the Chiefs fans/crowd is by definition an extremely hostile environment. Lions can possibly use all the help they can get. Football breaks would be good.

Note from ChargerBooster: Also a Lions fan week 8 when the Ra****rs play in Detroit.

NOT a fan of theirs week 10, November 12th when they are scheduled to come in and play us (Chargers) in L.A.

Further Note: This posted a little over one day to kickoff Lions vs Chiefs; the start of the 2023 NFL season. Let’s go Chargers !

Pretty sure all Chargers fans are pulling for Detroit...

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Now that's a breakdown.
      All you gotta do is ask Bill something of his interest and he is a great press conference guy lol.
      There were 413 volumes on football in Steve's collection, as he worked for 30 years as a scout for Navy at Annapolis. 'To Steve Belichick — With best wishes. Bud Wilkinson'

The hundreds of books, many collected by his father, that played a role in shaping the strategies and philosophies of Bill Belichick

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

Just thinking that exact thought, my friend. I've watched enough Chiefs football to learn some things. Do I believe that Detroit Lions' defense can stop Andy Reid's offense and their masterful short-yardage game and game management? Even if the Lions manage to shutdown all these things, Mahomes will simply break from the pocket and beat you with his legs and I just don't believe the Lions will successfully adjust to counter that. Reid taxes you until you break.

Mahomes v. Jared Goff, Chiefs averaged 29.2 points per game 26.6​ for the Lions points per game average.

Defense - Chiefs allowed 22.5 points per game and the Lions allowed 25.5 average per game (all 2022 stats).

Coach Reid has earned my respect in that area. His time management was questionable in Philly, he has cleaned that area up. One last point on Reid, he is 8-0 when he has more than two weeks to prepare for an opponent.

Advantage - Chiefs

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

Guys with Kelce on their fantasy team be like …

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            https://arrowheadaddict.com/posts/tr...d-injures-knee

Early reports on Kelce are no long term injuries, just swelling.
            KC dodges bullet.
            Bone bruises take time to heal. If that’s what he has.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Guys with Kelce on their fantasy team be like …

I hope that racoon wasn't hurt. These a-holes should've stopped so the poor animal could get off the hood safely.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

I hope Lions-Chiefs goes down to the wire because I'm only going to be able to watch the last few mins. I've got a softball game at 6:30 and I have to be at the field at 5:30. I won't get in front of a TV until almost 8.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Scouting the Chiefs' defense

Lions David Montgomery vs. the Chiefs
                  • David Montgomery vs the Chiefs (since 2021): No games
                  • In terms of run D, the Chiefs allowed four players to amass more than 100 rushing yards in a game last season.
                  • On the ground, Kansas City allowed eight players to score at least one rushing touchdown against them last season.
                  • The Chiefs gave up at least two rushing TDs on the ground to two players last season.
                  • Montgomery will see the Chiefs squad that gave up 107.2 rushing yards per game last season and was eighth-ranked in the NFL in rush defense.
                  • A year ago, the Chiefs ranked fifth in league play in rushing touchdowns conceded (10).
                  https://www.wnem.com/sports/betting/...p-bets-week-1/

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    I hope Lions-Chiefs goes down to the wire because I'm only going to be able to watch the last few mins. I've got a softball game at 6:30 and I have to be at the field at 5:30. I won't get in front of a TV until almost 8.
                    Full NFL Replays

https://fishkernfl.com

https://fishkernfl.com/398-2/

Example: Raiders v. Cowboys preseason in it's entirety. NO COMMERCIALS. HALFTIME EDITED OUT.
                    Last edited by ghost; 09-06-2023, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                      Scouting the Chiefs' defense

Lions David Montgomery vs. the Chiefs
                      • David Montgomery vs the Chiefs (since 2021): No games
                      • In terms of run D, the Chiefs allowed four players to amass more than 100 rushing yards in a game last season.
                      • On the ground, Kansas City allowed eight players to score at least one rushing touchdown against them last season.
                      • The Chiefs gave up at least two rushing TDs on the ground to two players last season.
                      • Montgomery will see the Chiefs squad that gave up 107.2 rushing yards per game last season and was eighth-ranked in the NFL in rush defense.
                      • A year ago, the Chiefs ranked fifth in league play in rushing touchdowns conceded (10).
                      https://www.wnem.com/sports/betting/...p-bets-week-1/
                      I think Lion's rookie RB Jahmyr Gibbs - the 12th pick of the draft - is going to do more damage to the Chiefs than Montgomery. Gibbs is like a Frank Gore clone, only faster - 4.36 speed.

Also, last season the Chiefs had a guy named Chris Jones anchoring the interior of their defense. He won't be there tomorrow night.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

I like the chances of the Lions tomorrow.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I think Lion's rookie RB Jahmyr Gibbs - the 12th pick of the draft - is going to do more damage to the Chiefs than Montgomery. Gibbs is like a Frank Gore clone, only faster - 4.36 speed.

Also, last season the Chiefs had a guy named Chris Jones anchoring the interior of their defense. He won't be there tomorrow night.
                          Gibbs was the Lions 12th pick overall, I expect him to impress. David Montgomery is a change of pace back. And an extraordinary one at that.

Comment

Working...
                          X