• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'll let you in on a secret - when I ran that forum CT would PM regularly asking to be a mod. I felt he was too immature for that job and declined his help. I think it was McRugby who took over as the head mod after I gave it up and he also avoided making CT a mod. But CT bugged Joel and he finally gave into CT and made him a mod. I soon saw that I was right all along about CT. IMO, he's a decent guy but not right for being a mod.

As far as I can remember, while I was the head mod the only people that ever were permanently banned were trolls from other teams. I used to send people a PM first, then give them a one day suspension then 3 days, and finally a week. Some got pissed and never came back.

I promise you this, being a mod is a thankless job. I enjoyed that forum a lot more after I turned that job over to someone else.
    It is a thankless job, much like being a ref or an ump. But in the end you can hold your head up and know that you did the right thing, addressing issues in a fair, evenhanded way. Same cannot be said of others that would follow though.

I the end as long as you are consistent then it is OK. Being consistently good for everyone or consistently bad for everyone, its when the rules are applied unfairly and inconsistently that you get into trouble.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

I'll let you in on a secret - when I ran that forum CT would PM regularly asking to be a mod. I felt he was too immature for that job and declined his help. I think it was McRugby who took over as the head mod after I gave it up and he also avoided making CT a mod. But CT bugged Joel and he finally gave into CT and made him a mod. I soon saw that I was right all along about CT. IMO, he's a decent guy but not right for being a mod.

As far as I can remember, while I was the head mod the only people that ever were permanently banned were trolls from other teams. I used to send people a PM first, then give them a one day suspension then 3 days, and finally a week. Some got pissed and never came back.

I promise you this, being a mod is a thankless job. I enjoyed that forum a lot more after I turned that job over to someone else.
      Thank you for your service

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If u are ChargerTom, who is PacStud?

And Steve on this board kind of reminds me of Kemp from the old board...
        I'm becoming freaked out by all these characters assuming new identities and lurking on this forum.

Watching us and waiting.

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

It is a thankless job, much like being a ref or an ump. But in the end you can hold your head up and know that you did the right thing, addressing issues in a fair, evenhanded way. Same cannot be said of others that would follow though.

I the end as long as you are consistent then it is OK. Being consistently good for everyone or consistently bad for everyone, its when the rules are applied unfairly and inconsistently that you get into trouble.
          I did it for about 10 years on thenflforum. We had a good crowd, though. Had to put some people in the corner a few times, and it was usually alcohol-driven. When you mod for long enough, you can tell who's drinking & posting, even without having ever met them in person. :Beerbong:

I rarely perma-banned anyone. But that speaks more to the community we had. Lot of those guys are over here now.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Sometimes they do take time. And other than Barmore and Osa, i dont know who else is dong well. Hec i lost track of where alot of these players were drafted. I know Tufele isnt starting, havent heard about Alim McNiell, Milton is getting very minimum playing time behind Fletcher Cox, dont know where Togai, Dixon or Onwuzurike went.
            It’s best policy to just move on once a draft is over but when glaring weakness and lack of depth known amongst this very own board it’s easy to second guess.

Several big needs still remain big needs, DT, CB, Safety, OG/OT and of course incorrect decision on kicker. Watched Tennessee CB Elijah Molden last night made some big plays and missed a couple but solid player you could have moved around, and should have taken insurance out on Bulaga. Spencer Brown in 3rd would be Chargers starting RT instead of Storm, he also played last night for the Bills. Those are just two recent examples of more important depth pieces than what they drafted in the 3rd rd, Palmer WR and McKitty TE. Not complaining, just saying and now it’s just not helpful because they play for other teams.

Comment

• Bolts&noles
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

I got put in timeout a couple times.
              cant remember who it was by though.
              Probably the same guy.
              Someone emailed me about it.
              Wish my memory was better lol

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Don't know why anybody would BEG to be a mod of a forum. Obviously he wanted some sort of power but man it's a forum.
                No pay, no recognition, and clearly he can't mod differences. Just No Soup for you, goodbye.

You are right, it's more enjoyable to just show up and post and leave.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2018
                  • Send PM

I’ve met Joel Price before at games (through a mutual friend and had field access for two games, great experience) and actually did some bike riding competitions with him in SD a long time ago. He’s a nice guy.

He never told me about how Tom became a mod but I remember him saying countless dozens of posters would contact him via email (provided on the contact page of the official site) complaining about Tom. He told Tom over and over again to not moderate so strictly and to only ban accounts that were spammers but Tom never listened apparently. He knew the forum’s days were limited because Chargers media team wanted to invest their time and resources on other social media venues (fb, ig, twitter, tiktok etc)
                  Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                  - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                  - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                  - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                  - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                  - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                  - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• ChargersFan78
                    Ossss
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I agree with everything you said except the part about CT being a decent guy. I read enough of his posts on the CMB and saw enough of the actions he took against good Chargers fans to know that he is a scumbag.

Ultimately I don't blame him, I blame Joel for being too weak and apathetic to recognize that he'd made a mistake by making him a mod and taking away his mod privileges. He could have fixed the problem but he refused to, and it's one of the major reasons the CMB no longer exists. Allowing power-tripping jerks to moderate your team's message board is no way to treat fans of the team.

Comment

• ChargersFan78
                      Ossss
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Don't know why anybody would BEG to be a mod of a forum.
                      That's because you have a life outside the internet and likely have a good circle of friends and family who give meaning to your life.

When you're a social outcast like CT who is neither liked nor respected by others, the only way for you to find validation is on the internet.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Well, well, well...
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon