• Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Kelce still counting the number of championships his KC "dynasty" will win?
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      KC fans hating on Chris Jones
      Is there any chance he gets cut from his mega contract
      And takes a discount with a division rival with a defensive minded, genius HC?

Nice thought to sleep to at least....
      Chefs could cut him right now for about $15M Cap hit plus what they’ve already ate. Nothing guaranteed is left.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

I think it's more than that, something's wrong, he doesn't look like the same player. It could be injury or scheme or something else but he looks different mentally.
        Truly, Mahomes is reminding me of Philip Rivers' penchant for making game-sealing errors. He's forcing low percentage throws more often than he was before. It's what talented players sometimes do when the team's success falls disproportionately on them. Thy start "staying within themselves" less.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Truly, Mahomes is reminding me of Philip Rivers' penchant for making game-sealing errors. He's forcing low percentage throws more often than he was before. It's what talented players sometimes do when the team's success falls disproportionately on them. Thy start "staying within themselves" less.
          Is he really forcing low percentage passes more often, or is the talent around him not nearly as good as it was in years past and making the results worse? It does seem like he is pressing at least some, so perhaps it's in between.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

His O-line is terrible much like when we had Rivers for his last year with the Chargers, Mahomes has weapons he doesn't have protection and he is doing way to much to carry his team and there D is pretty bad too.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

I think it's more than that, something's wrong, he doesn't look like the same player. It could be injury or scheme or something else but he looks different mentally.
              His talent has overcome some fairly mediocre OL play for years. I think all of those dents and dings are adding up this season and he is sore and a little shy. That will make you a totally different player IMHO.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

His talent has overcome some fairly mediocre OL play for years. I think all of those dents and dings are adding up this season and he is sore and a little shy. That will make you a totally different player IMHO.
                He might take more hits than Rivers since with Mahomes mobility - he is out of the pocket and moving. Rivers was a statue but he got rid of the ball -- not taking the sack or getting hit.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Oh, the irony...Mahomes playing "hero ball"...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Truly, Mahomes is reminding me of Philip Rivers' penchant for making game-sealing errors. He's forcing low percentage throws more often than he was before. It's what talented players sometimes do when the team's success falls disproportionately on them. They start "staying within themselves" less.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Shitty defense, no running game, inconsistent protection.

He is forced to play hero ball, that's what's wrong.
                      We've seen if before.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        Kelce still counting the number of championships his KC "dynasty" will win?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Shitty defense, no running game, inconsistent protection.

He is forced to play hero ball, that's what's wrong.
                          We've seen if before.
                          Somebody made the point that last year after they won the Super Bowl - they drafted the RB, Helaire-Edwards - when the offense was never the problem. Was it a case of a team getting greedy or just 'best player available'

The defense was always the weaker part of the team - even with the Super Bowl win. So now its catching up to them - the OL is not as good, defense is worse (as they spent even more this offseason on the offense when you look at a signing like Thuney

Comment

Working...
                          X