• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Did anybody see how the 49ers were using Deebo Samuel last night? He is a WR, and they used him in that capacity, he scored on a TD reception. But they were also using him as an RB, not just having him run wide around the end, but also up the gut, between the tackles, like an actual RB. He also scored on a run last night.

At least the Rams aren't running away with the "battle for LA," if that still exists. They are faltering too, looking pretty incompetent the past few games. They got blown out by a 3-5 team last night, after being dominated by the AFC's leading team the week before. Both of those losses were in Prime Time for the whole world to see. But they are still 7-3, the third best record in the NFC.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Of so that is pathetic on our brass' part.If it can help us win ya do it.Who knows tho he may not want to come back lol.
      Billings was released by the Browns - I would give him a call too
      Hell a tryout -- 8 games to go - you never know what lift a player can give.

This would be my NFL Transaction:
      Chargers have signed Andrew Billings and placed Tillery on the injured list with a "hamstring" injury

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

With all the drops our wr crew has been having we could use Johnson back.Of course TT probably wont do shit.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          Did anybody see how the 49ers were using Deebo Samuel last night? He is a WR, and they used him in that capacity, he scored on a TD reception. But they were also using him as an RB, not just having him run wide around the end, but also up the gut, between the tackles, like an actual RB. He also scored on a run last night.

At least the Rams aren't running away with the "battle for LA," if that still exists. They are faltering too, looking pretty incompetent the past few games. They got blown out by a 3-5 team last night, after being dominated by the AFC's leading team the week before. Both of those losses were in Prime Time for the whole world to see. But they are still 7-3, the third best record in the NFC.
          Still think Joe Reed can do those things when he heels up from surgery. Still think he has a role here.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Still think Joe Reed can do those things when he heels up from surgery. Still think he has a role here.
            That's who I was thinking of and the reason I made that post. What happened to Reed anyway? Do you think he is salvageable?

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

That's who I was thinking of and the reason I made that post. What happened to Reed anyway? Do you think he is salvageable?
              I had the same question Velo.....where's Joe?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I had the same question Velo.....where's Joe?
                Broken foot I believe
                He is on the injured list

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Be nice to see him this year....see if he can be part of the O next year.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                    Jags just waived TBilly..........
                    Wonder why the Jags let T-Billy go...wonder why he's been with so many teams...wonder why the Bolts let him go...I like his talent, but, is there some red flag somewhere? There was an unsportsmanlike penalty in preseason...maybe he's too much of a hothead...

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He did have one running play under Lynn and scored a TD I think on a 5 yarder or so. He’s not quick like Deebo

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He did have one running play under Lynn and scored a TD I think on a 5 yarder or so. He’s not quick like Deebo
                        Deebo Samuel 6-0, 216, 4.48 40
                        Joe Reed 6-0, 224, 4.47 40

It would be fun to see what Reed can do in a role like Samuel's, even in a small way, with just a few snaps per game. He was a playmaker in college at VA. WR and kick returner. Don't know what happened to him at the NFL level. Still a mystery to me.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Deebo Samuel 6-0, 216, 4.48 40
                          Joe Reed 6-0, 224, 4.47 40

It would be fun to see what Reed can do in a role like Samuel's, even in a small way, with just a few snaps per game. He was a playmaker in college at VA. WR and kick returner. Don't know what happened to him at the NFL level. Still a mystery to me.
                          Chargers drafted him. Does that clear it up?

Comment

Working...
                          X