Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Wow! Wink is responsible for their woes? Fools. You're right, hope he doesn't go to the AFC West. Wouldn't surprise me if he's in for a head coaching gig.
    Wink was my dark horse for the raiders HC job as soon as chucky got canned.
    the way his D baited us was impressive
    He also figured out how to play KC
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
      Do the Chargers need a DC ?
      Staley recently admitted in a recent interview that HE calls the D...so I'm guessing Hill stays...and holds the clipboard while Brandon barks out the orders...

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Staley recently admitted in a recent interview that HE calls the D...so I'm guessing Hill stays...and holds the clipboard while Brandon barks out the orders...
        So, unless hill was responsible for some of the improvements i can't see why. In my view this did not work out at all the whole season. I can't see how adding a few players can drastically change the on the fly outcomes during games. There were continuous breakdowns all the way until the last play of the last game of our season. An un proven DC with a bunch of un proven players got us where we ended at 9-8. With an average offense we would have been at 4-13 like all the other cellar dwellers. The reason why young head coaches succeed is because they have experienced coordinators that help fill in the gaps in critical junctures. It's really bad when I started to think Gus was not that bad after all.

:shifty:
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

So, unless hill was responsible for some of the improvements i can't see why. In my view this did not work out at all the whole season. I can't see how adding a few players can drastically change the on the fly outcomes during games. There were continuous breakdowns all the way until the last play of the last game of our season. An un proven DC with a bunch of un proven players got us where we ended at 9-8. With an average offense we would have been at 4-13 like all the other cellar dwellers. The reason why young head coaches succeed is because they have experienced coordinators that help fill in the gaps in critical junctures. It's really bad when I started to think Gus was not that bad after all.

:shifty:
          Hard to believe that Staley can give all the attention needed to run the D, especially on game days...I really wonder if sometimes a defensive player might ask Hill, "coach I need to ___________" then, fill in the blank. And I really wonder if Hill says, "check with Coach Staley on that..."

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Would any of y’all watch the WNFL if they had one?
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
              I'd wait until there was sufficient video evidence that-- Damn!-- This is really interesting, and well played football!

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

"There's no crying in football..."

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  Ravens just fired Wink Martindale. Hope he does not end up coaching defense in Denver or Las Oakland
                  Zimmer
                  Fangio
                  Martindale

All very good DCs in the NFL. I cannot imagine Zimmer or Wink going to the Chargers as I think the Chargers would have fired Hill by now - plus those guys might not be right with Staley. But all very good coaches on that side of the ball

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Dolphins defender says playing with Tua Tagovailoa is ‘wasting my career’Miami Dolphins selection of quarterback Tua Tagovailoa in the 2020 draft hasn’t exactly panned out the way he or the team would’ve liked.

Miami failed to start Tagovailoa right away and then went back-and-forth between him and Ryan Fitzpatrick to round out his rookie season. Then, in his second season, the former Alabama quarterback suffers multiple injuries that force him to miss five starts.
                    Now, with a new coach coming into the Dolphins’ locker room in the coming weeks, there are more questions about the team’s future at the quarterback position, and everyone’s talking about it.
                    One of the most interesting nuggets of information came from a story (subscription required) by the Sun Sentinel’s Omar Kelly earlier in the week that claimed a prominent Dolphins defender wasn’t in support of Tagovailoa keeping his job.
                    “He can’t make every throw,” an unnamed member of Miami’s defense told Kelly. “He’s only going to take us so far. I’m wasting my career here if that’s what we’re doing.”
                    It’s not often you hear players talking so candidly about their quarterback, especially one who has a 13-8 record in games he’s started. However, it seems that some players are being honest with themselves and the fact that their ceiling is limited with Tagovailoa.
                    That’s why there have been so many conversations about Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson. At least one player insinuated to Kelly that they need a guy like that.
                    “Watson’s an elite quarterback now,” the player told Kelly. “We’re ready to win.”
                    When Stephen Ross fired Brian Flores on Black Monday, he told the media that the next coach would have the final say in the quarterback decision, but it appears some of the players have already been swayed.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      Dolphins defender says playing with Tua Tagovailoa is ‘wasting my career’Miami Dolphins selection of quarterback Tua Tagovailoa in the 2020 draft hasn’t exactly panned out the way he or the team would’ve liked.

Miami failed to start Tagovailoa right away and then went back-and-forth between him and Ryan Fitzpatrick to round out his rookie season. Then, in his second season, the former Alabama quarterback suffers multiple injuries that force him to miss five starts.
                      Now, with a new coach coming into the Dolphins’ locker room in the coming weeks, there are more questions about the team’s future at the quarterback position, and everyone’s talking about it.
                      One of the most interesting nuggets of information came from a story (subscription required) by the Sun Sentinel’s Omar Kelly earlier in the week that claimed a prominent Dolphins defender wasn’t in support of Tagovailoa keeping his job.
                      “He can’t make every throw,” an unnamed member of Miami’s defense told Kelly. “He’s only going to take us so far. I’m wasting my career here if that’s what we’re doing.”
                      It’s not often you hear players talking so candidly about their quarterback, especially one who has a 13-8 record in games he’s started. However, it seems that some players are being honest with themselves and the fact that their ceiling is limited with Tagovailoa.
                      That’s why there have been so many conversations about Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson. At least one player insinuated to Kelly that they need a guy like that.
                      “Watson’s an elite quarterback now,” the player told Kelly. “We’re ready to win.”
                      When Stephen Ross fired Brian Flores on Black Monday, he told the media that the next coach would have the final say in the quarterback decision, but it appears some of the players have already been swayed.
                      Oh man, when your own players throw you under the bus….doesn’t get much worse than that. Also means everyone sees what we fans see. Must absolutely kill Dolphin fans when they see Herbert play.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

I thought they had one where they wore lingerie.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I'd wait until there was sufficient video evidence that-- Damn!-- This is really interesting, and well played football!
                          I watched a game on TV once.

It was intriguing and I was stunned there was a women's league but can't say WNBA interests me.

But I like watching women's college softball.

WNFL? Idk,.. .initial interest but because it was shocking to see and it was new. To me anyways.

Comment

Working...
                          X