• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    The NY Football Giants - their team is pretty bad, their QB is still on his rookie and yet they're over the cap going into the new league year, I just read.
    TT has done much better in the 1st round than they have. Thank heavens.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

The NY Football Giants - their team is pretty bad, their QB is still on his rookie and yet they're over the cap going into the new league year, I just read.
      The New York Football Giants cap was in such poor shape towards the end of the 2021 season they had to re-do two contracts to get a few million of cap space. They are in terrible shape cap wise for being a bad team. Per OTC, they are 12m over the cap so at this point, they need to move over $20m just to sign their draft class.

I hope the new GM (Schoene?) and Daboll have 5 year contracts as this year should be about getting out of cap hell

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

TT has done much better in the 1st round than they have. Thank heavens.
        Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The New York Football Giants cap was in such poor shape towards the end of the 2021 season they had to re-do two contracts to get a few million of cap space. They are in terrible shape cap wise for being a bad team. Per OTC, they are 12m over the cap so at this point, they need to move over $20m just to sign their draft class.

I hope the new GM (Schoene?) and Daboll have 5 year contracts as this year should be about getting out of cap hell

Giants current worst contract: Kenny Golladay. He is a Mike Williams clone. Same height, weight, speed, ability to dominate at point of catch. He was drafted the same year as Mike in the third round and until 2020 he had performed better than Mike. Mike now leads him in TDs, yardage, and receptions, but not by much.

Versus Finder is a comparison tool by Stathead.com that lets you compare players and teams across football. If you're looking for head-to-head comparisons, the Versus Finder is your go-to tool

The Giants are paying him $18 mil per season on a 4 yr contract. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york...olladay-21838/

Golladay was injured in 2020 and only played 5 games in 2020, but the Giants gave him big money anyway because his 2nd and 3rd seasons in Detroit with Matthew Stafford throwing to him were pretty good. He was a flop in 2021 in NY, but it's hard to say if that his really his fault, given the dysfunction there and the roundtable of QBs throwing to him, none of whom are pretty good.

But iffen he's getting $18 mil per, think about what Mike Williams' market price is going to be.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

They’ll probably be doing a lot of cutting. Probably restructure guys they want to keep.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Giants current worst contract: Kenny Golladay. He is a Mike Williams clone. Same height, weight, speed, ability to dominate at point of catch. He was drafted the same year as Mike in the third round and until 2020 he had performed better than Mike. Mike now leads him in TDs, yardage, and receptions, but not by much.

Versus Finder is a comparison tool by Stathead.com that lets you compare players and teams across football. If you're looking for head-to-head comparisons, the Versus Finder is your go-to tool

The Giants are paying him $18 mil per season on a 4 yr contract. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york...olladay-21838/

Golladay was injured in 2020 and only played 5 games in 2020, but the Giants gave him big money anyway because his 2nd and 3rd seasons in Detroit with Matthew Stafford throwing to him were pretty good. He was a flop in 2021 in NY, but it's hard to say if that his really his fault, given the dysfunction there and the roundtable of QBs throwing to him, none of whom are pretty good.

But iffen he's getting $18 mil per, think about what Mike Williams' market price is going to be.
            I think Mike is actually faster than Kenny who apparently cannot get separation whatsoever.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
              I think Mike is actually faster than Kenny who apparently cannot get separation whatsoever.
              Well Golladay's official recorded 40 time is a bit faster than Mike Williams' but they are virtually the same speed and type of player.

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=22326 https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=27001

As for his separation ability, Golladay had a couple of really good seasons - 1,200 yds and 11 TDs in 2019 and the Pro Bowl - so he's doing something right.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Found this rumor on a NFL news site:

Albert Cesare

Donald has also hinted at retirement from the NFL. He doesn’t have anything left the prove in the league now that he has a title. He has two years remaining on his contract but is saying this — he will be back if the Rams re-sign Von Miller and Odell Beckham Jr, players the Rams acquired midseason.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Albert Cesare

Donald has also hinted at retirement from the NFL. He doesn’t have anything left the prove in the league now that he has a title. He has two years remaining on his contract but is saying this — he will be back if the Rams re-sign Von Miller and Odell Beckham Jr, players the Rams acquired midseason.
                  Both Odell and Von Miler are FA and the Rams are $21 million over the cap. They can get down close to the (only $5million over) if Whitworth retires, but his backup (Noteboom) is a FA too. AShawn Robinson is probably gone (saving $9.6 mill), getting them under the cap, but then they still only have enough money to sign draft picks, and would still need more space even to sign OBJ and Von MIller to vet minimum contracts, let alone franchise friendly deals. They can free up some space by doing some restructuring or extensions with Ramsey, Stafford, Robert Woods, Kupp, and Floyd, and they pretty much have to at this point. They have traded away so many of their draft picks.

This is the kind of statement a player can make when they don't want to look like the bad guy. put a nearly impossible task on the team, then it gives the player an easy out. If the team can pull it off, it is still a pretty good situation for the player.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Both Odell and Von Miler are FA and the Rams are $21 million over the cap. They can get down close to the (only $5million over) if Whitworth retires, but his backup (Noteboom) is a FA too. AShawn Robinson is probably gone (saving $9.6 mill), getting them under the cap, but then they still only have enough money to sign draft picks, and would still need more space even to sign OBJ and Von MIller to vet minimum contracts, let alone franchise friendly deals. They can free up some space by doing some restructuring or extensions with Ramsey, Stafford, Robert Woods, Kupp, and Floyd, and they pretty much have to at this point. They have traded away so many of their draft picks.

This is the kind of statement a player can make when they don't want to look like the bad guy. put a nearly impossible task on the team, then it gives the player an easy out. If the team can pull it off, it is still a pretty good situation for the player.
                    I don't see how he looks like the bad guy if just simply retires today. Just point to health issues, brain health,....everyone would be fine with it.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Aaron can retire if he wants too but it shouldn't be dependent on signing both Miller and OBJr. Miller was a hired player to win a Super Bowl - which they did. Same with OBJ. Rams mgmt seems to have a clue

I would trust them if I were him

But hey if the Rams want to spend money on MIller and OBJr and hte Chargers can more easily sign Sebastian Joseph Day and maybe Darios Williams - go for it!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Aaron can retire if he wants too but it shouldn't be dependent on signing both Miller and OBJr. Miller was a hired player to win a Super Bowl - which they did. Same with OBJ. Rams mgmt seems to have a clue

I would trust them if I were him

But hey if the Rams want to spend money on MIller and OBJr and hte Chargers can more easily sign Sebastian Joseph Day and maybe Darios Williams - go for it!
                        Why shouldn’t it be dependent on other players. Or any other random preference a player might have?
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Albert Cesare

When you think you want to retire, you’re already retired.

Lacking 100% commitment to winning is not a good thing for a pro athlete.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X