• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Why wait? The new contract can be set to begin in 2021 or structured for cap savings this year on a longer term deal.

EXAMPLE
    ​​
    Long term
    - 6yr | $150 million | $100 million guaranteed | 2020 Cap $10 million or under.
    - all guaranteed $s (less signing bonus) complete by year 4.
    - by year 3/4 will be below market deal.

* Rookie QB contract beginning in 2020/2021 gives flexibility to resign key foundational players like Bosa, Derwin, HH, and MikeDub (if he continues to ascend), keep several other of our home grown talent, and to add a FA now & then.
    This probably 50% of the reason why Rivers is not playing on the Chargers today. Why mega pay for a player with 1-2 years left in him and lose out on these other players who will be around for another five years. Rivers was odd man out!
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• SYB
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

It’s all part of the Chargers destiny
      Tua’s injury
      Burrow’s unlikely season
      Herbert returning for senior season and working the combine
      our unexpected bad season
      TB42 picking TB over LAC
      and now COVID-19 preventing teams like Miami from hosting Tua a day too late while the draft is scheduled to go on
      several occurrences had to happen
      all culminating in Tua landing gently to us at 6
      and him leading us into multiple championships

stars align
      Yeah... Fuck the walking injury report. :umno:

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Yeah... Fuck the walking injury report. :umno:
        Tua is a walking injury report
        but Cam's injuries are "overblown"

Got it.
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Got it.
          Neither one, please. We be running...

Comment

• SYB
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Got it.
            I'll roll the dice on a rental QB, not a franchise QB. :shrug:

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I'll roll the dice on a rental QB, not a franchise QB. :shrug:

OMG.... even assuming cam is healthy, I dont want him on chargers and no one else should either....... Cam has NEVER been a good or great QB...... he was a great runner..... weever a great or consistently accurate passer..... even when healthy!!!

and Cam is a me-me selfish hollyuwood type personality who is about the fancy pimp type clothes, etc...... when he scores a TD its all about him....super man....etc.... not about the team......

Tua is a million percent better prospect even injured thins cam........ Tua is a class act...... a much better passer, more intelligent, better decision maker, harder worker.... better team player...... its no contest.....

Charger fans have ro decide if you want an elite, clutch, QB or settle for washed up vets who were never great in first place or a college QB like Hebert who at best will be a loser like carson Palmer, and many others.......

if Chargers ever want to beat chiefs and win our division, we will have to stop settling for "good enough"..... and shoot for an ELITE QB...... Chargers need to build an offense that averages over 30 points per game........ so we can beat the chiefs...... and other good teams.......

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

OMG.... even assuming cam is healthy, I dont want him on chargers and no one else should either....... Cam has NEVER been a good or great QB...... he was a great runner..... weever a great or consistently accurate passer..... even when healthy!!!

and Cam is a me-me selfish hollyuwood type personality who is about the fancy pimp type clothes, etc...... when he scores a TD its all about him....super man....etc.... not about the team......

Tua is a million percent better prospect even injured thins cam........ Tua is a class act...... a much better passer, more intelligent, better decision maker, harder worker.... better team player...... its no contest.....

Charger fans have to decide if you want an elite, clutch, QB or settle for washed up vets who were never great in first place or a college QB like Hebert who at best will be a loser like carson Palmer, and many others.......

if Chargers ever want to beat chiefs and win our division, we will have to stop settling for "good enough"..... and shoot for an ELITE QB...... Chargers need to build an offense that averages over 30 points per game........ so we can beat the chiefs...... and other good teams.......
                All Charger fans want this, dude...but some of us live in reality, and try to speculate on diamonds in the rough, and who can become that guy, or how we can build a TEAM that can beat the Chiefs and others....

Can't just push a "Tua" button, or "Burrows" button, or "defer for Lawrence" button...they don't exist. There are 31 other teams out there...year in and year out, they are vying for that guy too. Maybe one of the aforementioned falls in our laps, or we manage to go get one...if not, you develop a guy. You can't just wait to fill the QB seat by hoping to land the best prospect each year...you could be waiting several years or even decades before you get a shot.

Plenty of football teams have won a lot of games, and even Superbowls, playing behind a guy who was NOT the number 1, surefire prospect in the draft the year they came out.

Try on some other hats, man....

The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

All Charger fans want this, dude...but some of us live in reality, and try to speculate on diamonds in the rough, and who can become that guy, or how we can build a TEAM that can beat the Chiefs and others....

Can't just push a "Tua" button, or "Burrows" button, or "defer for Lawrence" button...they don't exist. There are 31 other teams out there...year in and year out, they are vying for that guy too. Maybe one of the aforementioned falls in our laps, or we manage to go get one...if not, you develop a guy. You can't just wait to fill the QB seat by hoping to land the best prospect each year...you could be waiting several years or even decades before you get a shot.

Plenty of football teams have won a lot of games, and even Superbowls, playing behind a guy who was NOT the number 1, surefire prospect in the draft the year they came out.

Try on some other hats, man....
                  I don't have a Tua or a Cam button and even if I had one we will never get to hit a Burrows button either. And no......I don't have a Herbert button but I do have a BIG ASS Simmons button sitting right here.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

R. Wilson was a 3rd rounder, I think.
                    Give me something like that and a solid defense
                    And bring these Chiefs

Comment

• Tylerlaw13
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Corrections in Powder Blue.
                      j/k in Sunshine Yellow.
                      TY for the breakdown.

We play modern defensive football.
                      I agree for the most part. I still think the interior defensive tackles are going to hurt. Linval Joseph is a giant upgrade at NT, but he doesn’t offer much in pass rush which is going to hurt against KC. Jones and Tillery will get a lot of looks, but I’m concerned about their growth this year because I don’t know how long training camp will be. Right now, Jones should be the starter, so I guess we will see.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tylerlaw13 View Post

I agree for the most part. I still think the interior defensive tackles are going to hurt. Linval Joseph is a giant upgrade at NT, but he doesn’t offer much in pass rush which is going to hurt against KC. Jones and Tillery will get a lot of looks, but I’m concerned about their growth this year because I don’t know how long training camp will be. Right now, Jones should be the starter, so I guess we will see.
                        There are the pass rushing 1TECH's.
                        I might put Gallimore, Madubuike, Khalil Davis, et al into consideration.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

```

Limit scoring by the other team, getting takeaways can make a huge difference, as can having an ELITE QB. Both are best. LAC's best shot is defense.

Comment

Working...
                          X