• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Are there 2nd round comp picks now?

SupaMel is an incredibly valuable asset. If we choose or are unable to resign him, I’d guess his new contract would net us a 3rd.

Joey is a must have asset. If he is unwilling to sign a long term #1 DE $ contract then tag and trade would seem to be the only other non messy option. Would net an estimated 2 - #1s & at least another 3rd.
    Depends on how much $$$ Mel wants...I'd like to keep him, but he's heading to his 3rd contract, and he may want more than we can afford...

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Are there 2nd round comp picks now?

SupaMel is an incredibly valuable asset. If we choose or are unable to resign him, I’d guess his new contract would net us a 3rd.

Joey is a must have asset. If he is unwilling to sign a long term #1 DE $ contract then tag and trade would seem to be the only other non messy option. Would net an estimated 2 - #1s & at least another 3rd.
      Yep...true...a 3rd rounder comp pick probably for Bosa...

Comment

• BoltBacker
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Las Vegas, NV
        • Send PM

Bosa isn't going anywhere, "especially SF". Ingram might, his age will be a factor negotiating his next deal.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I initially was worried about SF poaching Joey
          but I'm hopeful that Joey would have a little more pride
          than to follow baby brother.
          If you're Joey, wouldn't you want to win where you got drafted before considering leaving?
          Maybe have Nick join you?
          maybe not, but jeez, kind of a weak move to be known as "nick's brother" at work
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...true...a 3rd rounder comp pick probably for Bosa...
            ???

I'm not sure you read that post you quoted right....

I don't know how it is gonna play out with Bosa, but letting him walk for a 3rd round comp is unlikely. I think we sign him...it's gonna hurt, but I think we do. Next most likely scenario is a tag and trade, worst case being we have to settle for less than most fans and pundits think we rate...but I doubt we just let him walk, unless it is after we sqeeze another year outta him with the tag, and manage to nab a prominsing pass rusher in the interim, probably by draft.
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

???

I don't know how it is gonna play out with Bosa, but letting him walk for a 3rd round comp is unlikely. I think we sign him...it's gonna hurt, but I think we do. Next most likely scenario is a tag and trade, worst case being we have to settle for less than most fans and pundits think we rate...but I doubt we just let him walk, unless it is after we sqeeze another year outta him with the tag, and manage to nab a prominsing pass rusher in the interim, probably by draft.
              I did say that we should do all we can to keep Bosa, but yes, good point...a 1st round F-tag is much preferable to a 3rd round comp...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

???

if this season is a disaster, the type of season where its clear they are miles away, then tagging & trading is certainly an option.
                Otherwise, no point with a qb on his rookie contract: might as well have kept P.R..

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

if this season is a disaster, the type of season where its clear they are miles away, then tagging & trading is certainly an option.
                  Otherwise, no point with a qb on his rookie contract: might as well have kept P.R..
                  No...it was time to move on...

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

You and two others think that.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

For sure if Herbert is a franchise player. We won't have a top 10 pick in the near future. Probably if the cap savings mean we get new contracts done with younger stars.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

For sure if Herbert is a franchise player. We won't have a top 10 pick in the near future. Probably if the cap savings mean we get new contracts done with younger stars.
                        I’m pumped up for the team’s future!
                        2020 will be mediocre with a 10-6 ceiling. We will get to see what we have with our current youngsters and where more talent is needed while preparing our new QB/installing new offensive scheme.
                        2021 will net us 8 draft picks as of now and a large amount of Cap space for internal & FA contracts. 2021 pending draft class looks stacked at OT, OC, EDGE, and to a lesser extent LB, CB, & WR. Lines up with several positions we may/will need to address.

Looks like TT/Staff/AL have a long term plan and are executing it. The window with Phil didn’t pan out but a new window is emerging.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

I’m pumped up for the team’s future!
                          2020 will be mediocre with a 10-6 ceiling. We will get to see what we have with our current youngsters and where more talent is needed while preparing our new QB/installing new offensive scheme.
                          2021 will net us 8 draft picks as of now and a large amount of Cap space for internal & FA contracts. 2021 pending draft class looks stacked at OT, OC, EDGE, and to a lesser extent LB, CB, & WR. Lines up with several positions we may/will need to address.

Looks like TT/Staff/AL have a long term plan and are executing it. The window with Phil didn’t pan out but a new window is emerging.
                          I would be thrilled with 10-6 this season. A BIG step in the right direction.........

Comment

Working...
                          X