• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

If the Raiders don’t keep AP Vrabel makes a lot of sense for them. And I wouldn’t like that

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Is trade Bosa and MW for Maxx
        Id love to trade for Maxx but his cap hit wont allow it. Its 24 mil but im no capologist. Maybe they can lower it. Ive heard him say he doesnt like the Chargers but that will change with Harbaugh lol.
        I wouldnt trade Bosa for him, i still want a pick for Joey. We can trade them JT Woods and someone else. lol.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I didn't realize Petey was an actual potential candidate.
          when he agreed to his new advisory role, I figured he was satisfied staying there.
          but if he's interested in us, it should be mutual.

edit: to be exact, Petey is probably now 3 on my liast after JHarbs and Vrabes.
          If we end up with an old HC (Pete or Bill) I'm eyeing Shane Steichen's run in Indy.
          I don't believe in Anthony Richardson and he was the one "who got away".
          Shane would be a great success to either Pete or Bill.
          Hell, maybe even a successor to JIM--he's no spring chicken.
          Last edited by 21&500; 01-13-2024, 12:27 PM.
          2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

I don't think this many big name coaches have been available at the same time for a while.
            too bad some are over the hill and into their 70s...how do you hire someone that old and tell your fans that the future is bright? these guys are well past retirement age and nothing gets better at that point...
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

too bad some are over the hill and into their 70s...how do you hire someone that old and tell your fans that the future is bright? these guys are well past retirement age and nothing gets better at that point...
              Easy. These are 2 of the greatest coaches in our game. Neither has shown any sign of slowing down. Carroll is a very young 72. Those are guys who can shit turned around and done in 15 minutes

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Easy. These are 2 of the greatest coaches in our game. Neither has shown any sign of slowing down. Carroll is a very young 72. Those are guys who can shit turned around and done in 15 minutes
                I remember when this happened to Shula and Landry, at some point you have to move one no matter how accomplished, Parcells kept getting drug back by money but he knew he wanted out long before he quit and eventually just stayed away, it's just time for some of these guys to move on, it just is...even Andy Reid seems to have taken a step back recently, there comes a time when they just have to move on and there is nothing to be done about it, getting old sucks, but it is what it is, can't stop time from passing us by...Harbaugh is about as old a coach as I would like to see the Chargers go after, I'm not on board with hoodie or carroll and as a diehard USC fan I'm a big carroll fan but come'on, his time is come and gone...you have a lot to choose from right now, vrabel, Harbaugh and others, give herbert someone for the next 5-7 years not the next 2 years...
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I remember when this happened to Shula and Landry, at some point you have to move one no matter how accomplished, Parcells kept getting drug back by money but he knew he wanted out long before he quit and eventually just stayed away, it's just time for some of these guys to move on, it just is...even Andy Reid seems to have taken a step back recently, there comes a time when they just have to move on and there is nothing to be done about it, getting old sucks, but it is what it is, can't stop time from passing us by...Harbaugh is about as old a coach as I would like to see the Chargers go after, I'm not on board with hoodie or carroll and as a diehard USC fan I'm a big carroll fan but come'on, his time is come and gone...you have a lot to choose from right now, vrabel, Harbaugh and others, give herbert someone for the next 5-7 years not the next 2 years...
                  I’ve been beating the drum for Harbaugh for months. Before these guys were available. And I’m still beating that drum but these guys can still coach. Everybody ages differently. Lots of people don’t even make their age. Plenty go til their 90’s. If we don’t get Harbaugh for some ridiculous reason I wouldn’t rule these guys out. They’ve got 5 years in them

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                    Since Balboa Stadium
                    • Sep 2022
                    • LA
                    • Send PM

Joe Flacco is the QB that Herbert reminds me most of. He won a strongest arm contest once 74 yards. If Herbert is to be successful, design an offense similar to those Flacco was successful in.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post
                      Joe Flacco is the QB that Herbert reminds me most of. He won a strongest arm contest once 74 yards. If Herbert is to be successful, design an offense similar to those Flacco was successful in.
                      Can’t run. Never could run.

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

lmao what is that image? Pete Carroll and Nick Saban on a coaching Rushmore over names like Bill Walsh, Don Shula, Vince Lombardi, Don Coryell, etc? Maybe I could see Saban in recognition of his time as the king of the NCAA but I'd still hesitate.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BearWithJetpack View Post

lmao what is that image? Pete Carroll and Nick Saban on a coaching Rushmore over names like Bill Walsh, Don Shula, Vince Lombardi, Don Coryell, etc? Maybe I could see Saban in recognition of his time as the king of the NCAA but I'd still hesitate.
                          LOL BWJ.
                          Was hoping you could photoshop in John Spanos at spot #4.

Paul Brown ?
                          Bear Bryant ?
                          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X