Who Will Be The Offensive Coordinator For The ‘20/21 season?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UglyTruth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2018
    • Send PM

Who Will Be The Offensive Coordinator For The ‘20/21 season?

I hope they don’t bring ShaneSteichen back and doubling as head coach and calling plays seems like too much on the plate on game days for Lynn.

Chargers should be interviewing guys like Jay Gruden, Jason Garrett, Pat Shurmur, Freddie Kitchens etc instead of going with some cheap in-house option imo.
    Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
    - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
    - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
    - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
    - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
    - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
    - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Who the hell was calling the offensive plays after Whiz was fired. Was it Lynn and Shane Steichen by committee? If so, that explains a few failings.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Steichen will be OC in 2020.
      He will now have a chance to install an innovative offense,
      with dynamic playcalling.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Electric Chicken
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Im sure the OC will want 2 know who the QB is going to be first ,,, Im not even sure if the Chargers know?

Comment

• Classic
          Hall Of Fame
          • Dec 2014
          • Send PM

'20 - Shane Steichen

'21 - New OC(hopefully)

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

In Minnesota - Zimmer kept Stefanski as the OC but brought in two coaches, Kubiak and Dennison - as those guys are good coaches for running the ball. If Steichen is the OC - thats fine; than Lynn needs to bring in a coach to help him out. Also can help out Lynn. I think Jim Caldwell would be an excellent mentor hire for Steichen and Lynn. Or Mike Martz. Somebody that has been there, done that. I think Haley is too much of a person that needs the limelight as the OC. Maybe Lynn knows some guys from those old Cowboys staffs he worked on, or with Rex that he can bring in.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
              In Minnesota - Zimmer kept Stefanski as the OC but brought in two coaches, Kubiak and Dennison - as those guys are good coaches for running the ball. If Steichen is the OC - thats fine; than Lynn needs to bring in a coach to help him out. Also can help out Lynn. I think Jim Caldwell would be an excellent mentor hire for Steichen and Lynn. Or Mike Martz. Somebody that has been there, done that. I think Haley is too much of a person that needs the limelight as the OC. Maybe Lynn knows some guys from those old Cowboys staffs he worked on, or with Rex that he can bring in.
              I sure hope Stitch surprises all of us and excells as our new OC, but when you look at his resume, this is NOT the background you'd expect from an OC on a typical pro football team. He's NEVER served as a HC, and NEVER even served as an OC, even at the college level. All his positions have been as assistants and doing "quality control." Hope he proves me wrong, but I don't like promoting someone to such a high position, with such a weak resume. It's roughly similar to a corporation, where the limo driver for the CEO suddenly gets promoted past all the mid-level and senior managers all the way to executive VP...

image.png

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I sure hope Stitch surprises all of us and excells as our new OC, but when you look at his resume, this is NOT the background you'd expect from an OC on a typical pro football team. He's NEVER served as a HC, and NEVER even served as an OC, even at the college level. All his positions have been as assistants and doing "quality control." Hope he proves me wrong, but I don't like promoting someone to such a high position, with such a weak resume. It's roughly similar to a corporation, where the limo driver for the CEO suddenly gets promoted past all the mid-level and senior managers all the way to executive VP...

image.png
                I have no idea if Steichen will pan out or not, but lots of people get promoted to a coordinator position in the league without being a head coach or OC elsewhere. Brian Schottenheimer is thought to be one of the innovative, young OCs and got his first job as an OC after being our QB coach (and there were plenty of fans complaining that the only reason he got that job was because of his father).

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Now what ?
                  "He's in over his head ?"

No-no-no.

No longer hamstrung by sudden midseason promotion, Steichen will install his offense.

Shane is one of the bright young innovators in the NFL.

"His play design and play calling will not be so predictable."
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    Steichen will be OC in 2020.
                    He will now have a chance to install an innovative offense,
                    with dynamic playcalling.
                    Reports are that he is being retained

Comment