Who Will Be The Offensive Coordinator For The ‘20/21 season?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

everyone has to learn and develop their own offense plays.

Lets give the kid a chance, he may be just the medicine needed

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Lynn was covering his mouth, so teams couldn't read his lips when he says to run up the middle with Gordon.
      LOL...good old Gordon up the gut for nada...well, now that Gordon's gone, Lynn will tell Stitch to send EKKIE up the gut...but Ekkie's vision is so good, I think many times, he'll see no hole up the gut and cut to the outside to some decent gains...

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
        As I posted earlier, who really is running the offense? Lynn even alluded after firing Whiz that he would have significant offensive play input. I mean...huh? Who's running the show?
        Wow, that's kind of bizarre. Imagine, Lynn tells Stitch to dial up Whiz:

Lynn: Whiz, I know u just got fired, but it's 3rd and long...what do we run?
        Whiz (on phone): Try Gordon up the gut...
        Lynn: Thanks!

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

My understanding of what Lynn was referring to was he would give his input in the game plan prep, but Steichen was still in charge of that and is the one calling the plays. I'm sure there are times when they discuss going for it on 4th and short, etc. but Lynn was pretty clear that Steichen was the one calling the plays, from what I remember.

Comment

• UglyTruth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

This is disappointing.

Good news is that if next season blows too, then the entire coaching staff will hopefully be gone along with that fuckboy that’s the GM.
            Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
            - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
            - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
            - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
            - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
            - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
            - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

This is disappointing.

Good news is that if next season blows too, then the entire coaching staff will hopefully be gone along with that fuckboy that’s the GM.
              Will it matter if the Spanni are still running the show?

Comment

• pacstud
                Black Belt Poster
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Why do you troll?

It takes away from your actual football posts.

You should at least consider the possibility of hanging up this tired act.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

Why do you troll?

It takes away from your actual football posts.

You should at least consider the possibility of hanging up this tired act.
                  Why do you pretend like coaching is never an issue? You act like playcalling can never be faulted because every play can’t be a TD play.

Nobody expects every play to be a TD play. Nobody expects every play to even be a positive yardage play. However, a vast majority should be and it should not be as easily predictable by so many people watching the game on their couches at home.

I’ve seen you defend coach after coach after coach dating back to time at the CMB. I bet you think you every coach to have ever been fired was unjustly fired because they were never to blame for their failures.

I know you were a coach before (and maybe still currently?) but that doesn’t mean you have defend every football coach. Guys like Bill Cowher and Tony Dungy have obviously coached football and that too on much greater platforms than you and even they have criticized and been dumbfounded by other coaches even while acknowledging the difficulty of the job. You can learn to do the same.

It’s yours that’s the tired act.
                  Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                  - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                  - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                  - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                  - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                  - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                  - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Steichen will get an opportunity to install a new offense in 2020 training camp,
                    whereas he could not do that when coming in on the fly as interim OC.

That's the intelligent football take.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• pacstud
                      Black Belt Poster
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Why do you pretend like coaching is never an issue? You act like playcalling can never be faulted because every play can’t be a TD play.

Nobody expects every play to be a TD play. Nobody expects every play to even be a positive yardage play. However, a vast majority should be and it should not be as easily predictable by so many people watching the game on their couches at home.

I’ve seen you defend coach after coach after coach dating back to time at the CMB. I bet you think you every coach to have ever been fired was unjustly fired because they were never to blame for their failures.

I know you were a coach before (and maybe still currently?) but that doesn’t mean you have defend every football coach. Guys like Bill Cowher and Tony Dungy have obviously coached football and that too on much greater platforms than you and even they have criticized and been dumbfounded by other coaches even while acknowledging the difficulty of the job. You can learn to do the same.

It’s yours that’s the tired act.
                      Bullshit. I've been on too many gameday threads, fact is you're wrong. Any run that gets stuffed between the tackles is a two-page chorus of "WTF!?! WHy sUcH preDEEctable PlaY c@11inG?"

"Why don't we pass?" "Why don't we run?" "The coaches are idiots!"

You and others don't predict jack shit. Saying "they'll run it" and being right is literally a fucking coin toss.

Tell you what, you tell me the personnel packages, defense to counter said personnel, tendencies, backfield, end splits, D/D, field position, game score, time, plays run, etc...we'll talk.

If it's, "hEy TheY rAn iT ANd i SaID thEy WOuld!"

Then no offense, but that's not predicting, that's literally armchair QB.

Finally, you're full of shit on the coaching front. I've never said anything other than what I'm about to:

NFL Coaches should be fired based on wins and losses OR things we don't have access to (i.e. locker room culture, accountability, etc). What we see for three hours on Sunday, other than the results, make us ill prepared to know that second part.

I've also said that yes, you AND I don't know jack shit about football relative to the fifth assistant. True in any sport. But we all turn into Uncle Rico on Sundays.

Big difference between disagreeing with a decision "Why'd he go for it?" and dismissing the man's entire knowledge base "What an idiot!". Coach punts instead of going for it? Sure, I see both sides. Plenty of evidence for that. I see why he should've, I see why he shouldn't have. But 90% is horseshit fan whining.

Comment

• foreigner
                        Tom Telesco is gone
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

we are fans, aren't we? that's our right.. to whine all we want.. we actually supply the money that goes into their pockets...

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          Steichen will get an opportunity to install a new offense in 2020 training camp,
                          whereas he could not do that when coming in on the fly as interim OC.

That's the intelligent football take.
                          Lol the Hopeful football take.

Comment

Working...
                          X