• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

I hope our new D-lineman can finish plays and make sacks. I'd hate to see Liuget and Reyes do a lot of great work and then have somebody miss the easy sack. I'm not sure why I'm worried about this. Anybody can make a sack if somebody else does the work to set it up for him. From all the praise of our tackling ability from a year ago, it's clear that being the guy who actually brings the quarterback to the ground is so easy - any Charger could do it. Tackling was a big strength of the team last year, and I'm sure this year will be no different.

Okay, now, for the third time, I'm out of this argument. I hope.

Sorry Grice.

Go Chargers!

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Ricardo Mathews... Our #53!

Comment

• sandiego17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
        Third, the fact that Ingram may have been still recovering while playing is totally irrelevant to the discussion. I did not fully recover from my blown Achilles' tendon and I would not have gotten 10 sacks in the NFL last year either. Ingram's chances for 10 sacks were barely, if at all, better than mine and I am not even an NFL player. That was never going to happen last year. Ingram has done nothing so far in his career to suggest that that is going to happen this year. Next you will be arguing that Keenan Allen's knee injury prevented him from running a 4.3 40. Just mind numbingly absurd
        With respect to stinky, il address only some of this. BS. You called him healthy and backtrack and it's definitely not irrelevant. Ingram was to start and got hurt, it happens. He's better than Phillips (your obsession with sacks notwithstanding) and it was the correct decision to go with Ingram. Allen again. You were remarkably wrong but I understand it's tough for you. Are you sure you're not garyking?

Everyone understands your PFF BS, but ridiculing it in regards to one guy and citing it for another under the guise of some made up system you devised is inconsistent, even if you explain it over and over again. Just like using teams decisions as a basis to prop up one of your many losing arguments, while ignoring it for others.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I'm hoping that Ricardo Mathews is more valuable on this 53 man squad than Grice might have been.

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            I'm hoping that Ricardo Mathews is more valuable on this 53 man squad than Grice might have been.
            Backup D-linemen are generally on the field more often than 5th-string runningbacks.

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Opera singer and web developer.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Zot View Post
              I would call this thread officially hijacked.
              :salma:
              Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Send PM

Adipose

Comment

• Yubaking
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                  With respect to stinky, il address only some of this. BS. You called him healthy and backtrack and it's definitely not irrelevant. Ingram was to start and got hurt, it happens. He's better than Phillips (your obsession with sacks notwithstanding) and it was the correct decision to go with Ingram. Allen again. You were remarkably wrong but I understand it's tough for you. Are you sure you're not garyking?

Everyone understands your PFF BS, but ridiculing it in regards to one guy and citing it for another under the guise of some made up system you devised is inconsistent, even if you explain it over and over again. Just like using teams decisions as a basis to prop up one of your many losing arguments, while ignoring it for others.
                  I said the two players combined were healthy for 8 games, which meant nothing more than that's the number of games in which they were active and healthy enough to play. That I used the term that way should be completely obvious to anyone reading it, but because you wanted to split that hair, I validated your use of the term "healthy" by acknowledging that Ingram was not fully healthy in the way that you were using that term (even though it is obvious that that is not how I was using the term).

Ingram's health, however, is just about as irrelevant as mine is to the concept of getting 10 sacks because just like me on my healthiest day, Ingram on his healthiest day last year was not going to come anywhere near 10 sacks either. In that sense, his health is totally irrelevant as I have said. And barring some major improvement on his part, Ingram will again validate my position this year by coming nowhere near 10 sacks. Hopefully then nobody will missing the painfully obvious when it comes to Ingram's sack totals.

You assert that Ingram is better than Phillips based upon what--some delusion in your own mind?! Certainly the numbers do not support your position.

Further, if you understood the PFF issue that I have raised, you would not reach the conclusion that my application of the rule that I adopted was inconsistent. You may disagree with the rule for PFF interpretation that I adopted, but your calling my application of it inconsistent shows that you do not really understand how I have applied the rule because my application of the rule has been very consistent.

Finally, your inability to comprehend the basis for my comments as to the various team decisions and the differences in those situations is your problem, not mine. Again, there is nothing inconsistent in the approach at all, just your failure the follow along.

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Send PM

I said the two players combined were healthy for 8 games, which meant nothing more than that's the number of games in which they were active and healthy enough to play. That I used the term that way should be completely obvious to anyone reading it, but because you wanted to split that hair, I validated your use of the term "healthy" by acknowledging that Ingram was not fully healthy in the way that you were using that term (even though it is obvious that that is not how I was using the term).

Ingram's health, however, is just about as irrelevant as mine is to the concept of getting 10 sacks because just like me on my healthiest day, Ingram on his healthiest day last year was not going to come anywhere near 10 sacks either. In that sense, his health is totally irrelevant as I have said. And barring some major improvement on his part, Ingram will again validate my position this year by coming nowhere near 10 sacks. Hopefully then nobody will missing the painfully obvious when it comes to Ingram's sack totals.

You assert that Ingram is better than Phillips based upon what--some delusion in your own mind?! Certainly the numbers do not support your position.

Further, if you understood the PFF issue that I have raised, you would not reach the conclusion that my application of the rule that I adopted was inconsistent. You may disagree with the rule for PFF interpretation that I adopted, but your calling my application of it inconsistent shows that you do not really understand how I have applied the rule because my application of the rule has been very consistent.

Finally, your inability to comprehend the basis for my comments as to the various team decisions and the differences in those situations is your problem, not mine. Again, there is nothing inconsistent in the approach at all, just your failure the follow along.
                    Just stop. Please.

And if your response is anything other than, "OK," please don't bother.
                    Adipose

Comment

• blahblahblah
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

Any assertion that getting rid of Phillips was a mistake is neglecting or underestimating the impact of a long term culture of professionalism in the locker room. Shaun Phillips was a part of the core of a number of under performing teams. Last year's team over performed for the first time in a long time.

Comment

• Yubaking
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
                        Any assertion that getting rid of Phillips was a mistake is neglecting or underestimating the impact of a long term culture of professionalism in the locker room. Shaun Phillips was a part of the core of a number of under performing teams. Last year's team over performed for the first time in a long time.
                        There is no evidence to support that he was not a good locker room guy, was some kind of bad influence or was not a professional. He was specifically described by the Broncos as a great locker room guy.

Comment

• blahblahblah
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

There is no evidence to support that he was not a good locker room guy, was some kind of bad influence or was not a professional. He was specifically described by the Broncos as a great locker room guy.
                          I knew him, but I guess that's not really evidence.

Remember all the games it looked like the Chargers were playing hung over? They were.

He was also NEVER in football shape, which is very simple, direct evidence of professionalism.

Comment

Working...
                          X