Rivers Family Packed Up And Left California.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PMR9FAN
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I can totally see the Spanii overpaying for Brady at the expense of adding to the OL, DL, WR, CB - just to make a splash. I mean, it will be the talk of the NFL in March, at the draft, who knows, maybe even that HBO show, Hard Knocks (though the Chargers went to the playoffs in 2018 so do not have to do it). But by middle of October because the defense sticks, the OL stinks and the team is 3-6 - well there goes that pizzazz.

All things equal - meaning the talent on the field, players, coaching staff - who would be better for one year, a 43 year old Brady or a 38 year old Rivers. I am curious about that. I know what Rivers is. Wonder how Brady would be. Other than that - don't think its a wise long term move as Brady will want to be paid like a 33 year old Tom Brady. And thats a lot!
    Sorry guys but if the Chargers go with Brady I hope they lose every game.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I have no idea where the Rivers doesn't work out story comes from - Rivers has been training in the off-season in Florida for years now.
      Too many speculation around here. Too much things based on a "source". Ah because this guy or that guy said so. Because Jason La Canfora says so. Because David Carr says so.

Comment

• El_Tee
        I’m No Noob
        • Sep 2019
        • Disney World, FL
        • Send PM

First of all, if you’re praying we lose because of a QB, that’s just the worst. I may be more partial to a change at QB over Rivers returning, but I was in this season even with all the BS until we were eliminated. I mean we had crushed GB and had everything in front of us. We just had to win out.

But I was there and invested and prayed that Rivers would get it done.

To suggest we lose because Brady was our QB is next level. What if he got us to the AFCCC? Super Bowl? We actually won?

You know the side argument to all this Rivers nonsense is two-fold:

(a) There’s nothing saying Rivers WANTS to return here.

We have no idea what’s been discussed behind the scenes.

(b) There should be no reason to feel like we are held hostage for Rivers to keep his job for as long as he feels like it.

Look at what happened with Eli, and he won that team two SBs. Nobody outside that bubble argued with benching him, but here we are in ours.

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post

Sorry guys but if the Chargers go with Brady I hope they lose every game.
          What if Rivers goes to the Pats lol? Belicheat signs him for cheaper than Brady, invests in other players/playmakers, drafts well as usual, gives Rivers protection/Rungame, and a real home field advantage? Shoot Belicheat would bring Gates and Gronk back too LOL.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post

Is it a coincidence the state is run by Democrats?
            Is it a coincidence that the Republicans are leaving?
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Silversurfer
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Los Angeles
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

What if Rivers goes to the Pats lol? Belicheat signs him for cheaper than Brady, invests in other players/playmakers, drafts well as usual, gives Rivers protection/Rungame, and a real home field advantage? Shoot Belicheat would bring Gates and Gronk back too LOL.

Wonder is Belicheck would let him audible at the line, clapping his hands with .01 seconds on the clock? Also that 2min offense would be a sight to see with sloth Rivers.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Is it a coincidence that the Republicans are leaving?
                No.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

No.
                  Hell even the democrats are fleeing the shithole they created. California for the first time in our history will lose a congressional seat .

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...s-and-religion has been dormant a while.

:coffee:

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Football makes strange bed fellows. I would be forced to forgive Bellicheat and root for the Pats as strange as that sounds.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We’ll see what kind of choices he has. He’s a 38 yr old guy who up to now hasn’t been a big workout guy. Brady for example has been into deep stretching for years to prolong his career.

he’s the least mobile guy on the market. I don’t know how attractive that combination is around the NFL.
                        Stretching is hugely important as one gets older. Rivers could stand to do more of it.

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Hell even the democrats are fleeing the shithole they created. California for the first time in our history will lose a congressional seat .
                          My fear is democrats flee to fiscally conservative places like Texas, turn it purple and eventually blue. Then the country is F'd for eternity.

Comment

Working...
                          X